NFL 2024

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A few thoughts after two weeks

Surprise teams - the Saints, the Steelers. the Bucs to an extent
Flattering to deceive - Jaguars as usual. They are the golfer who stripes it on the range and then knocks it out of bounds and blobs two of the first three holes in a medal
Smart money is on Baltimore to still win the AFC North from 0-2.
Do not worry about the Bengals - they are a very good team who were guilty of not being ready to play in Week 1 and then gave the Chiefs all they could handle until a correct pass interference call on 4th and 16.
FOX Sports - Tom Brady's first three games are all featuring the Cowboys? Err there are other teams in the NFL and Dallas got their asses kicked in Week 2.
All TV producers - you do not have to show Taylor Swift celebrating in a box when the Chiefs score even when Kelce was not involved in the play.
And to the NFL - throw a bunch of flags every time the entire defense runs 80 yards to an endzone to celebrate a turnover.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The 49ers miss McCaffery so badly as it throws their whole offense. They have no explosiveness. Without him they have to be a methodical move it slowly down the field team and the minute they get into third and long, defenses send the house and Purdy shows his weakness. They will still win that division as the Cardinals are like Katy Perry (hot and cold), Seattle go cold and hot and the Rams have their whole team injured.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The 49ers miss McCaffery so badly as it throws their whole offense. They have no explosiveness. Without him they have to be a methodical move it slowly down the field team and the minute they get into third and long, defenses send the house and Purdy shows his weakness. They will still win that division as the Cardinals are like Katy Perry (hot and cold), Seattle go cold and hot and the Rams have their whole team injured.

I want the 49ers to lose every game purely because George Kittle came across as a grade a 🔨 on the Netflix series 🤣

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The only teams I really hate in sports are the Cowboys (ownership and arrogant US-based fans), Panthers (ownership), Red Sox, Yankees, Maple Leafs and the hockey team from South Florida whose name shall not be mentioned.
And then there is a special hatred for the Amber Scum over here. Relegated from League Two last year much to my delight.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
The only teams I really hate in sports are the Cowboys (ownership and arrogant US-based fans), Panthers (ownership), Red Sox, Yankees, Maple Leafs and the hockey team from South Florida whose name shall not be mentioned.
And then there is a special hatred for the Amber Scum over here. Relegated from League Two last year much to my delight.
Wot no cheatriots 😜😁

Mandofred

Visit site
I don't really care very much....but being from Washington state, out of default I have to root for the Seahawks....and the Mariners. Brother went to Wazzu so always root for them. Lived near Spokane when I retired so root for Gonzaga. First 5 years in the UK lived in High Wycombe, so for some stupid reason always check to see how the Wanderers are doing. That's about it for my pro sports interest.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Quick question PS, do the guys up in the box see the TV replays and are they able to call down to the coach ?

Yes they have a direct feed. The home team has to provide a private box for both the opposing offense and defense. So there are four such boxes for coaches. In Tampa, it's alongside the media commentary positions. So when I was doing Spanish radio during a game last year, I was right alongside Matt Ryan and Tiki Barber calling the game for FOX. When half-time arrives, there is a mass stampede from all the boxes to the media food area and out of courtesy, you let the coaches go first. They can call down anything they see on replays but to be honest the game is so fast and you have only 15 seconds to communicate with the QB or defender with the earpiece, that a play is called before anything is observed.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Nothing to do with NFL, but I'm enjoying the Red Sox v Yankees on BBC IPlayer. I got into baseball watching the World Series on Sky in the mid 1990's. I haven't seen as much in the past few years, but it's a wonderful game.
Went to Fenway park whilst in Boston. Very American and I loved it.

Springveldt

Visit site
For those with 30+ years on American sports knowledge, I am reading a book about Bo Jackson. Two-sport athlete and incredibly gifted physically. And a complete tool. Wasted so much of his athletic talent and wound up the locker rooms of every team he was ever involved with because he thought he was above them all. I knew all the facts behind his being the No.1 overall pick in the 1986 NFL draft and never playing for the Bucs but some of the other stuff involving the Royals and Raiders was just jaw-dropping from his crass stupidity and ignorance. Shame.
One of the most athletically gifted humans ever and also one of Nike’s first big marketing campaigns that I can remember.

Bo Knows.

Last edited: