NFL 2024

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This latest concussion for Tua could be really serious. Miami's QB situation could be as dire as Cleveland's with all the money tied up in him the same as Watson has done for the Browns.
Then again you could be the Packers having to live with Malik "Whatchu talking about" Willis for the next month.

Springveldt

Visit site
This latest concussion for Tua could be really serious. Miami's QB situation could be as dire as Cleveland's with all the money tied up in him the same as Watson has done for the Browns.
Then again you could be the Packers having to live with Malik "Whatchu talking about" Willis for the next month.
Would rather have Willis than Skylar Thompson if I'm being honest.

Miami is screwed, they have handed contracts out to all the old veterans hoping to make a run in the next 2 seasons. It doesn't work if you don't have a QB and I wouldn't blame Tua at all for retiring as Grier should be sued for malpractice with that OL he has assembled. The whole construction was "it doesn't matter, Tua gets the ball out quick so we can have anyone at guard and it will work" except teams have figured out how to stop the quick 10-15 yard slants/ins with a robber occupying that space, pressing the receivers and having 2 deep safeties. The OL can't hold up for more than 2.5 seconds so all we are left with is throwing screens all game. Rob Jones and Lester Cotton wouldn't make any other 53, same with Eichenberg who they refuse to cut their losses on since Grier gave up extra picks to take him. Totally infuriating and entirely predictable.

I know it was Tua who got himself injured trying to make a play but the pass blocking last night was terrible and as usual Ed Oliver and DaJuan Jones just destroyed the interior. It's been the same story for years, Buffalo always wins in the trenches against Miami.

So that's 2 games done and Miami currently has QB1, HB1, LT1, LG1, LG2, WR3, WR4 and WR5 all out injured. Brilliant. 2 of the interceptions came as Tua was throwing to WR6 and WR7 who didn't know their routes but then again you have to ask why McDaniel sent that package on 3rd and 13 that had both Waddle and Hill on the sidelines.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
His salary jumps to $35M base next year - it would cost $15M in dead cap to release him after 2024. He forced his way out of Green Bay by being a nob and has worn out his welcome with the Raiders too - no team is going to realistically touch him with his attitude and price tag.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
His salary jumps to $35M base next year - it would cost $15M in dead cap to release him after 2024. He forced his way out of Green Bay by being a nob and has worn out his welcome with the Raiders too - no team is going to realistically touch him with his attitude and price tag.
If he can play football Chelsea may be interested 👍

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For those with 30+ years on American sports knowledge, I am reading a book about Bo Jackson. Two-sport athlete and incredibly gifted physically. And a complete tool. Wasted so much of his athletic talent and wound up the locker rooms of every team he was ever involved with because he thought he was above them all. I knew all the facts behind his being the No.1 overall pick in the 1986 NFL draft and never playing for the Bucs but some of the other stuff involving the Royals and Raiders was just jaw-dropping from his crass stupidity and ignorance. Shame.

Tashyboy

Visit site
For those with 30+ years on American sports knowledge, I am reading a book about Bo Jackson. Two-sport athlete and incredibly gifted physically. And a complete tool. Wasted so much of his athletic talent and wound up the locker rooms of every team he was ever involved with because he thought he was above them all. I knew all the facts behind his being the No.1 overall pick in the 1986 NFL draft and never playing for the Bucs but some of the other stuff involving the Royals and Raiders was just jaw-dropping from his crass stupidity and ignorance. Shame.
Am sure he was drafted around the time of Brian Boswick ?
I remember a coming together of them two in a game and I think Bo came off better. Didn’t Boz have number 44 at college but couldn’t have it for the NFL. So he had 44 on his taped ankles. What happened to him coz He was supposed to be another worldly player. Was he at seahawks. 🤔

Last edited:

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Brian Bosworth, the Boz. Spot on with the number, he wore 55 for the Seahawks. He was a steroid-induced freak who got found out in the NFL. Bo ran over him at the goal-line in a Raiders v Seahawks game and the image was shattered forever.
Last I heard he was a spokesman for crocs worldwide. OK maybe not :giggle:

Tashyboy

Visit site
Brian Bosworth, the Boz. Spot on with the number, he wore 55 for the Seahawks. He was a steroid-induced freak who got found out in the NFL. Bo ran over him at the goal-line in a Raiders v Seahawks game and the image was shattered forever.
Last I heard he was a spokesman for crocs worldwide. OK maybe not :giggle:
For one minute I thought he had turned his life around 😂👍

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Nothing to do with NFL, but I'm enjoying the Red Sox v Yankees on BBC IPlayer. I got into baseball watching the World Series on Sky in the mid 1990's. I haven't seen as much in the past few years, but it's a wonderful game.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Nothing to do with NFL, but I'm enjoying the Red Sox v Yankees on BBC IPlayer. I got into baseball watching the World Series on Sky in the mid 1990's. I haven't seen as much in the past few years, but it's a wonderful game.
Went to Fenway park whilst in Boston. Very American and I loved it.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't start me on a baseball thread too! I'm tracking the final day of a head-to-head categories fantasy playoff match up. Need another stolen base and either 2 HRs or a save.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
But on an NFL track, I have no idea how the Bucs just won in Detroit. We never touched Jared Goff but our secondary, missing more players than your average Subbuteo set, somehow preserved it at the end. 2-0. Now if only the Indycar finale was not all over because of Will Power's seat belt issue, I could have had an amazing American sports evening.