NFL 2024

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
OK some predictions for the NFL season:-
The hype over the Detroit Lions proves to be nothing more than hype and they become the season's biggest disappointment.
The New Orleans Saints have to call out the AA as they have a Carr problem (geddit?) and rookie Spencer Rattler becomes their starting QB
It turns out that Travis Kelce has slept with Taylor Swift as many times as I have.
The Bucs have a losing season but still somehow win the NFC South again.
The Raiders end up with the worst record in the NFL.
The Chiefs don't win the Super Bowl.
And I like a soft drink rather than alcohol with my humble pie.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The hype over the Detroit Lions proves to be nothing more than hype and they become the season's biggest disappointment.
The New Orleans Saints have to call out the AA as they have a Carr problem (geddit?) and rookie Spencer Rattler becomes their starting QB
It turns out that Travis Kelce has slept with Taylor Swift as many times as I have.
Oi 🧐

Springveldt

Visit site
Definitely the No.1 overall selection and a more pro-ready prospect than Drake Maye or Jaydon Daniels. The success rate on first round QBs is 50% and the Bucs have contributed to the negative over the years (Testaverde, Dilfer and Winston). Williams is walking into a better situation than most as the Bears have a lot of offensive talent around him. Maye is on the worst roster in the NFL and Daniels is not a lot better. The Bears are the outside pick for a wild card in the NFC.
If the Patriots are smart they let the Briskett take a beating this season behind that line and don't ruin Maye before he even has a chance. They have zero offensive weapons and will not be putting him in a situation to succeed. I was amazed that they gave Mac Jones basically the same weapons that Tua had struggled with in Miami (Parker, Gesicki and having no one that could get open) and thought it would go better. I was actually hoping the Dolphins would pick up Jones to backup Tua.

Daniels looked good in preseason and at least he has a couple of guys to throw to. Williams has walked into a great situation for a young QB. The Bears OL was pretty good last season, think they were ranked #2 in pass block win rate and he has good receivers to throw to.

I'm surprised at the success rate of first round QB's being 50%, it just seems lower although you do have good classes like 2020 cancelling out stinkers like 2021.

Springveldt

Visit site
You missed the Dolphins finally win a playoff game (please, please, please).

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nice to see it's not just Premier League managers and players who completely ignore the evidence when it comes to a decision against their team. And anyway, Taylor Swift said it was out of bounds.

"I thought it was a touchdown," Ravens QB Lamar Jackson said. "I still think it's a touchdown."
"I didn't think it was enough evidence to overturn it," Ravens LB Roquan Smith said. "But I feel like that'll be something that the refs will have to deal with whenever that time comes and that's out of my control."

Attachments

• foot.jpg
    foot.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 16

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nice to see it's not just Premier League managers and players who completely ignore the evidence when it comes to a decision against their team. And anyway, Taylor Swift said it was out of bounds.

"I thought it was a touchdown," Ravens QB Lamar Jackson said. "I still think it's a touchdown."
"I didn't think it was enough evidence to overturn it," Ravens LB Roquan Smith said. "But I feel like that'll be something that the refs will have to deal with whenever that time comes and that's out of my control."
Tbf, although the toe is over the line, there is no evidence that it's grounded. It could easily be slightly bent up and not touching - very rare to be completely flat footed in an athletic motion.
I have less than no skin in the game, btw!

Springveldt

Visit site
I’m confused why Jawaan Taylor is still being allowed to line up in the backfield and false start nearly every snap without penalty.

I’m beginning to think he has conditioned the officials into believing that it’s ok for him to do it as he does it every snap. It’s amazing they called illegal formation on the Ravens when he is lined up so far off the line of scrimmage each snap.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’m confused why Jawaan Taylor is still being allowed to line up in the backfield and false start nearly every snap without penalty.

I’m beginning to think he has conditioned the officials into believing that it’s ok for him to do it as he does it every snap. It’s amazing they called illegal formation on the Ravens when he is lined up so far off the line of scrimmage each snap.
Because it's the Chiefs and the NFL are desperate to continue with the Swift/Kelce circus & have a 3peat.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Something else to look forward to is Brady's debut as an analyst for FOX alongside Kevin Burkhardt. He will be calling the Cowboys v Browns game this Sunday. Brady is not allowed to be at the inside meetings with players and coaches before the game due to his pending part-ownership deal with the Raiders and he is replacing the superb Greg Olsen who was Tony Romo without the childish humour.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For those of you with Netflix, there is an interesting programme about the sign-stealing (sorry alleged sign-stealing) scandal at Michigan last year. It was produced by Netflix in conjunction with the guy at the center of it all so to say it is a little biased would be one hell of an understatement. It is well put together but the guy is guilty as hell. One of the funniest parts is when he had been caught on the sideline of a rival team's game and was asked about it by the college authorities. This is a guy with an incredible memory and ability to learn and decipher 100s of coded signs, yet could not remember if he actually went to this game or not. And his lawyer then jumps in with "I've got to run to another meeting so we will end this call here" was even more priceless.

I do admire Jim Harbaugh as a coach and believe he was party to what was going on just like any coach would have been in the situation. But the way the programme is tilted to make out everyone else is the bad guy and Conor Stalings was not - hmmmmm.

For gridirons fans, it is worth a watch though.

Springveldt

Visit site
For those of you with Netflix, there is an interesting programme about the sign-stealing (sorry alleged sign-stealing) scandal at Michigan last year. It was produced by Netflix in conjunction with the guy at the center of it all so to say it is a little biased would be one hell of an understatement. It is well put together but the guy is guilty as hell. One of the funniest parts is when he had been caught on the sideline of a rival team's game and was asked about it by the college authorities. This is a guy with an incredible memory and ability to learn and decipher 100s of coded signs, yet could not remember if he actually went to this game or not. And his lawyer then jumps in with "I've got to run to another meeting so we will end this call here" was even more priceless.

I do admire Jim Harbaugh as a coach and believe he was party to what was going on just like any coach would have been in the situation. But the way the programme is tilted to make out everyone else is the bad guy and Conor Stalings was not - hmmmmm.

For gridirons fans, it is worth a watch though.
Watched it earlier this week and as you say the guy is guilty as hell. Every answer was “I don’t recall” even when being asked if attended a game yet he had a catalogue of hundreds if not thousands of signals that he had memorised.

Paying his mum and friends to go to games and sit on the 50 yard line and film the signals as if no one would notice.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ah Week 1, when everyone is equal. And then comes over-reaction Monday. The Bucs actually lost their opening game both times they won the Super Bowl.
Right, Redzone can go off - time to do pre-game radio in the States and then watch the first meaningful game in months.
And then post-game radio which won't finish until after 1am.....