NFL 2024

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For those of you with Netflix, there is an interesting programme about the sign-stealing (sorry alleged sign-stealing) scandal at Michigan last year. It was produced by Netflix in conjunction with the guy at the center of it all so to say it is a little biased would be one hell of an understatement. It is well put together but the guy is guilty as hell. One of the funniest parts is when he had been caught on the sideline of a rival team's game and was asked about it by the college authorities. This is a guy with an incredible memory and ability to learn and decipher 100s of coded signs, yet could not remember if he actually went to this game or not. And his lawyer then jumps in with "I've got to run to another meeting so we will end this call here" was even more priceless.

I do admire Jim Harbaugh as a coach and believe he was party to what was going on just like any coach would have been in the situation. But the way the programme is tilted to make out everyone else is the bad guy and Conor Stalings was not - hmmmmm.

For gridirons fans, it is worth a watch though.
Just started watching it this afternoon. I love sports documentaries and after ignoring/not understanding NFL for years I'm finally interested.

I've got a problem though. I don't have a team!! I've watched all the Hard Knocks series, Quarterback, Receivers etc so I've kinda got a liking for a few teams!!

Just watched the 2nd half of the Steelers game and didn't realise that Cousins had gone to the Falcons. 4 year $180m contract!! Madness.

Think I need to pick my team, learn the rules and get interested in it.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hard Knocks is OK but it's run its course. The latest one, "Soft Cudddles with the Bears" was tired and dated. A friend of mine from NFL Films helps produce it and the talk is this will be the last one.
The QB show on Netflix is good - Kirk Cousins comes across really well - Mariota is just a nob. Not watched the Receivers one as most of them are mouthy self-obsessed prima donnas.
But cue a whole bunch of suggestions coming up on who you should support :cool:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Just started watching it this afternoon. I love sports documentaries and after ignoring/not understanding NFL for years I'm finally interested.

I've got a problem though. I don't have a team!! I've watched all the Hard Knocks series, Quarterback, Receivers etc so I've kinda got a liking for a few teams!!

Just watched the 2nd half of the Steelers game and didn't realise that Cousins had gone to the Falcons. 4 year $180m contract!! Madness.

Think I need to pick my team, learn the rules and get interested in it.
DO NOT pick Cleveland! ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Springveldt

Visit site
New England patriots, they are at the bottom of the heap at the moment so you can enjoy their rise back to the top in the coming years.
@Marshy77 Do not pick those guys, they suck.

You should probably pick the Miami Dolphins in that division, they fill you with hope and then collapse around December every year.

Springveldt

Visit site
Dolphins win a tough first game, offence was rusty as hell and McDaniel called about 25 screens as I guess he trusts the interior OL as much as the fans. Probably would have lost the game if not for Holland doing his best Peanut Tillman impersonation to punch the ball out of Etiene's hand as he was about to go in and make it 24-7. One 80 yard bomb to Tyreek next play and suddenly it 17-14, such a momentum changer.

Bills on Thursday night, I will not be productive at work on Friday.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hard Knocks is OK but it's run its course. The latest one, "Soft Cudddles with the Bears" was tired and dated. A friend of mine from NFL Films helps produce it and the talk is this will be the last one.
The QB show on Netflix is good - Kirk Cousins comes across really well - Mariota is just a nob. Not watched the Receivers one as most of them are mouthy self-obsessed prima donnas.
But cue a whole bunch of suggestions coming up on who you should support :cool:

From a newbie point of view I really enjoy them.

As for picking a team I think I'm between Lions, Dolphins and Bears.
@Marshy77 Do not pick those guys, they suck.

You should probably pick the Miami Dolphins in that division, they fill you with hope and then collapse around December every year.
Kinda sounds like my football team Bradford City. I did consider Dolphins actually, again after watching them on hard knocks ๐Ÿคฃ

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
NFL Random Irritations
It is OFFENSE and DEFENSE. Not offence and defence.
It is Super Bowl. Two words, capital letters.
Thursday night games should be banned - the players hate them.
Back to a 16 game schedule.
Back to the original number restrictions. No more defensive players wearing single digit numbers. No-one wearing 0.
The new "dynamic" kick off rule can just go and do one.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Great win for the Patriots at the Bengals. A couple of real crunching turnovers when Bengals looked nailed on to score.

And once again loving the 15 minute highlights via YouTube of all the matches.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great win for the Patriots at the Bengals. A couple of real crunching turnovers when Bengals looked nailed on to score.

And once again loving the 15 minute highlights via YouTube of all the matches.
YouTube highlights are brilliant. I do the same for all the other NHL games outside of watching all the Lightning games in full. If I don't watch the Rays' full game, I do the same for their baseball highlights too.
The Patriots' win was more a case of the Bengals losing. They have had a bad off-season with the Chase contract situation and Burrow is still not 100% healthy. Their panic-meter almost went off the scale after that home loss.