NFL 2024

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Got a link to the YouTube highlights?
Just search for "NFL Highlights" - all the games are there. Same with MLB Highlights, NHL Highlights and also "Fragger issues a 30-day ban" Highlights - the latter comes with an age certification warning.
Got a link to the YouTube highlights?

Some examples from Week 1

Colts v Texans
Broncos v Seahawks
Bucs beating the living tar out of the Commanders
49ers v Jets from last night

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I was on a plane heading back from 🇿🇦 so missed the Sunday games.

Seahawks got off to a winning start which is nice but it was against the Broncos at home. Run heavy offense by the sounds of things.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I'll be avoiding the YouTube highlights... just another way to watch Commanders be awful. at least I don't have to watch them for very long each year!

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
They are on the right track. They got rid of Dan Snyder as owner. Jayden Daniels is talented but he needs to learn to throw from the pocket. He just takes off at any excuse - very raw but very talented.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Not great footage of the arrest of Hill before his game

The overphysical attitude of the US police at times is shocking

Staggering how they escalated the situation so quickly

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
And now the most odious person in American sport, Drew Rosenhaus, weighs in. Naturally is Tyreek Hill's agent. Hardly goes over the top about it at all. There are teams in the NFL who will not draft or sign players if Rosenhaus is involved.
And there is a reason why the Chiefs let Hill go in the first place. He is the epitome of the self-entitled, rich, brash, screw-everyone-else professional sportsman in the States.
As Homer said, if he hadn't acted like a tool, nothing would have happened.

Springveldt

Visit site
Wait until you have done a Thursday or Monday night game and then done post-game radio before trying to get two hours sleep before starting your normal day. Thursday games should be banned.
I'm one of those idiots who stays up and watches the Monday/Thursday game when it's the Dolphins. I'll sometimes for others as well like the Ravens/Chiefs last Thursday and I watched the first half of the 49ers/Jets this week.

There have been games when the Dolphins won a late game like that (not often :( ) and my brain has been going that much that I end up on a forum/reddit talking about the game rather than going to bed.

Totally with you on Thursday night games. They usually suck and are full of mistakes and the short week is terrible for the players.

Springveldt

Visit site
Great win for the Patriots at the Bengals. A couple of real crunching turnovers when Bengals looked nailed on to score.

And once again loving the 15 minute highlights via YouTube of all the matches.
Looks like they have tried to change the thumbnails this year a touch, last year you could tell who had won based on it. Wish they would just put up each teams logo as the thumbnail though.

NFL Random Irritations
It is OFFENSE and DEFENSE. Not offence and defence.
It is Super Bowl. Two words, capital letters.
Thursday night games should be banned - the players hate them.
Back to a 16 game schedule.
Back to the original number restrictions. No more defensive players wearing single digit numbers. No-one wearing 0.
The new "dynamic" kick off rule can just go and do one.
Can't bring myself to use the American spelling of offence and defence. Sorry not sorry.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Looks like they have tried to change the thumbnails this year a touch, last year you could tell who had won based on it. Wish they would just put up each teams logo as the thumbnail though.

Can't bring myself to use the American spelling of offence and defence. Sorry not sorry.

Filistine! :cool:

It was actually a fineable offense when writing in the British media about the NFL in the 90s.