Iron covers

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
It's my birthday soon and my wife says she never knows what to buy me. I have the feeling she was looking at iron covers for my new T200s. I told her in no uncertain terms do not buy me them😅🤣 who in their right mind puts these monstrositys on their clubs 😭😭

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do

I have forged head clubs and have always done for clubs with forged heads but never bothered with clubs with cast heads.

I never used to bother but now notice the difference when it comes to selling the old clubs (none of the dinks from clubs bashing together).

paddyjk

Banned
Visit site
I do

I have forged head clubs and have always done for clubs with forged heads but never bothered with clubs with cast heads.

I never used to bother but now notice the difference when it comes to selling the old clubs (none of the dinks from clubs bashing together).
Can't say Im that fussed about resale value.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's my birthday soon and my wife says she never knows what to buy me. I have the feeling she was looking at iron covers for my new T200s. I told her in no uncertain terms do not buy me them😅🤣 who in their right mind puts these monstrositys on their clubs 😭😭
Nobody. The answer is, in their right mind, nobody.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I never bothered with iron covers, preferring that the next owner would see that a ball had never been hit off the centre of the club face.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Absolutely no doubt a golf bag full of clubs looks better without iron headcovers.. So the vanity golfers should continue to not use them 😜

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They contribute to slow play. Next time you are twiddling your thumbs on the 8th tee, curse the player ahead on the 14th putting an iron cover back on for the umteenth time in the round.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
When I had Titleist CB irons back in 2011, I asked Titleist if I should use covers. They said not to use they would probably show rust spots.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They contribute to slow play. Next time you are twiddling your thumbs on the 8th tee, curse the player ahead on the 14th putting an iron cover back on for the umteenth time in the round.
but a lot less time lost than someone using a laser.

My mate and I both use head covers, yesterday time as a 3 ball a shade under 3 hours.