Mixed match madness

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Agreed. I'd have let them have it.
Unfortunately in a game of golf it would of been the wrong ruling to let them have it.
I played in the forest pines forum Meet a couple of years back and an opponent had a shot on a hole. We both got down in 5 and he said
“ another hole halved” I corrected him that he had a shot on that hole. Sometimes
It goes your way some days it don’t.
Am with the OP that they were tight to say something. The opponents should of realised when teeing off they had a shot advantage.
Welcome to the fruitcake shop Golf girly.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for your input! I find it interesting that it’s somewhat unclear in a game with so many rules….
I don't see why you say it is unclear. It boils down to the simple question - did the player's action clearly show an intent to concede?
You were the one that was there ;) not us.

3.2b(2)
How Concessions Are Made. A concession is made only when clearly communicated:

• This can be done either verbally or by an action that clearly shows the player’s intent to concede the stroke, the hole or the match (such as making a gesture).
  • If the opponent lifts his or her ball in breach of a Rule because of a reasonable misunderstanding that the player’s statement or action was a concession of the next stroke, a hole or the match, there is no penalty and the ball must be replaced on its original spot

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was actually the Ryder Cup.

?

I thought it was a club match from the way it was worded. I agree, if it was a friendly game I would have told them putt out and ribbed them about it afterwards. We’ve all done it (in the heady days we used to have shots ?).

I played a plus golfer recently. Felt bad for taking shots off him. I shouldn’t have. He mauled me ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately in a game of golf it would of been the wrong ruling to let them have it.
I played in the forest pines forum Meet a couple of years back and an opponent had a shot on a hole. We both got down in 5 and he said
“ another hole halved” I corrected him that he had a shot on that hole. Sometimes
It goes your way some days it don’t.
Am with the OP that they were tight to say something. The opponents should of realised when teeing off they had a shot advantage.
Welcome to the fruitcake shop Golf girly.
Right, but from a human perspective, provided she put the ball back in exactly the right place, I'd have figured no harm done. And I'd have felt like an a-hole enforcing the rule and saying they can't have it. Sorry but it's just the kind of guy I am. :LOL:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Right, but from a human perspective, provided she put the ball back in exactly the right place, I'd have figured no harm done. And I'd have felt like an a-hole enforcing the rule and saying they can't have it. Sorry but it's just the kind of guy I am. :LOL:
I think one of the good things about this forum And golf is learning the rules especially strange situations that crop up. And what the actual rulings are. There have been many discussions on rule bending/cheating and a fair few on not knowing the ruling. In this instance I think it’s the latter.