Increase in Green Fees for the Top 100 Courses

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29109

The top one is. I'll do their job for half that.
Why aren’t you then?

I often hear people say things like this when discussing the salaries of top executives, especially at places like charities and trusts. To get the people in capable of running these businesses, they need to pay salaries that are comparable to other businesses.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why aren’t you then?

I often hear people say things like this when discussing the salaries of top executives, especially at places like charities and trusts. To get the people in capable of running these businesses, they need to pay salaries that are comparable to other businesses.

Perhaps because I didn't apply. ?

D

Deleted member 23270

There are 11 employees on a salary over £60k. One employee between £220k to £229k.

Again, all available in the accounts for those that can read.

Those salaries are not excessive for a trust of its size.
Interesting that someone gets £220k for running a handful of golf courses whilst someone else gets £161k for running the country :unsure:

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Ok, so lets say carnoustie announces its going to charge 1 million pound a round and only sell 30 fees a year, which will obviously only be affordable to millionaires and billionaires.

They may 10-20 mill in profit and they get the "supply and demand price".

A bit of an extreme example, but all ok?
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, I am by no means supporting the system we have, I'm just pointing out that it is the one the British public appear to want. If you want to have a discussion about the model the UK ought to adopt, I am happy to oblige but we will need to find another forum for that.

Though in answer to your question, yes if that is their business model. It is up to Carnoustie how they run their business, not you or I.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, I am by no means supporting the system we have, I'm just pointing out that it is the one the British public appear to want. If you want to have a discussion about the model the UK ought to adopt, I am happy to oblige but we will need to find another forum for that.

Though in answer to your question, yes if that is their business model. It is up to Carnoustie how they run their business, not you or I.

No we dont, we vote for a political party.

We dont vote for minutiae such as golf course pricing.

It is up to them, but IMO they should apply pricing based on many things and not just rampant profiteering.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Have you got a source for this? Latest ONS report seems to indicate for full time employees median salary is around £31K and a bit lower for all employees.
I was quoting the mean figure, which I know is skewed by high earners, but then we are talking about high earners here. In any case the overall cost of employing staff on median salary will not be too far short of £40k.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
No
It's about justifying the cost.
Why don't I drive a Maserati at the weekends?
Because I can't justify the cost.
But some people can..and so they will.
I'd love to play ToC and a couple of others up there.
But at 250 each plus everything else it's not going to happen
And that's my problem, not the Golf Club's.....
Its the same no matter where you are. A few in group are organising a trip to Royal St George's, Rye and Deal. The cost of the accommodation alone is eye watering as is the cost of golf. Its prob cheaper to come up here and play the equivalent courses.

Last edited: