Increase in Green Fees for the Top 100 Courses

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

OK, St. Andrews Links Trust should charge whatever they like to appease people on here. ?

Or they charge what they need to bring in the funds required to provide a world class golfing facility across all their clubs ?‍♂️

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yes courses ? the point still stands

I've played the Old, the New, the Jubilee so not that fussed except that I feel for those who haven't.
I'd like to go back, and I will, in the shoulder season. I'll drive efficiently or in my then electric car and won't have to stay over.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I look at their accounts every year. Around £30m a year total income back in 2019. 2021 isnt available yet but overall income was down£20m in 2020 due to covid. They make around £12m from visitors green fees. Salary expenditure for over 300 staff is also around £12m.

You can read into that what you will.

An average salary for £40,000. Wow!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Key figure here has been how much higher than RPI, the green fees have gone up. Many places are running well ahead of this.

An average salary for £40,000. Wow!

Given the huge number of summer casuals on minimum wage, a few folk are on a decent salary!

The place has to make a profit. That pays for investment as well as the costs of keeping the store open. Worth some digging to understand more...

...but I'm off to Southport in the morning!!

D

Deleted member 23270

Remember salary costs will include employer NI & pension contributions. You would expect salaries to reflect the high standards places such as St Andrews at expected to keep.
True but 300 staff means a lot of lower paid admin and catering staff etc so somebody somewhere is coining it in.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Again that's capitalism, I'm not saying it's right just that it's what the British people vote for. Guess will have to leave it there or we might land up discussing forbidden fruit.

Ok, so lets say carnoustie announces its going to charge 1 million pound a round and only sell 30 fees a year, which will obviously only be affordable to millionaires and billionaires.

They may 10-20 mill in profit and they get the "supply and demand price".

A bit of an extreme example, but all ok?

Red devil

Visit site
Key figure here has been how much higher than RPI, the green fees have gone up. Many places are running well ahead of this.

Given the huge number of summer casuals on minimum wage, a few folk are on a decent salary!

The place has to make a profit. That pays for investment as well as the costs of keeping the store open. Worth some digging to understand more...

...but I'm off to Southport in the morning!!
My neck of the woods. Good weather forecast. Today has been superb

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There are 11 employees on a salary over £60k. One employee between £220k to £229k.

Again, all available in the accounts for those that can read.

Those salaries are not excessive for a trust of its size.