I'm playing a new course for the first time... (Rolling thread)

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice. Let me know how you get on! We're flying out on Saturday and playing solid golf for 2 weeks. Start with Cabopino, then we're playing Calanova, Santa Clara, El Chaparral, La Quinta, a week at La Cala, Marbella and Torrequebrada. Seriously excited!

You'll enjoy those. We tried to get on El Chap but it is closed until tomorrow for maintenance. Jusy finished Cabopino and having a sangria in the clubhouse. Not a long course, about 5,600 yards off the yellows (no white tees) but there are a lot of very tight holes so so have to be straight. I'd describe it as quirky but some really nice holes, especially the third (I think). You'll know when you play it. Greens are fast and true.

One of the lads plays off 6 and it destroyed him as he couldn't keep it straight. He had to buy a bag of balls by the 6th and ended up with 19 points. I took the money with 19 points and was 6 inches away from a hole in one on the 13th. Hope you enjoy.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
You'll enjoy those. We tried to get on El Chap but it is closed until tomorrow for maintenance. Jusy finished Cabopino and having a sangria in the clubhouse. Not a long course, about 5,600 yards off the yellows (no white tees) but there are a lot of very tight holes so so have to be straight. I'd describe it as quirky but some really nice holes, especially the third (I think). You'll know when you play it. Greens are fast and true.

One of the lads plays off 6 and it destroyed him as he couldn't keep it straight. He had to buy a bag of balls by the 6th and ended up with 19 points. I took the money with 19 points and was 6 inches away from a hole in one on the 13th. Hope you enjoy.

Sounds good to me. Looking forward to giving it a go. Have heard it's tight, so imagine I'll end up hitting a few irons off the tee. How did you get on on the driveable 3rd?

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

One of the lads plays off 6 and it destroyed him as he couldn't keep it straight. He had to buy a
bag of balls by the 6th and ended up with 19 points. I took the money with 19 points and was 6 inches away from a hole in one on the 13th. Hope you enjoy.
Haha. That doesn't look very good winning with 19 points. It should have been 32.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds good to me. Looking forward to giving it a go. Have heard it's tight, so imagine I'll end up hitting a few irons off the tee. How did you get on on the driveable 3rd?
That's the really nice hole where you are about 100 foot above the green. Not a big hitter but struck a nice shot over the bushes on the left, fading back into the middle of the fairway. 60 yards to the centre of the green and I fatted it a bit and it rolled down the slope, stopping just before a bunker. Chipped on and 2 putted.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Playing a 36 hole singles at Cavendish GC in Buxton on Sunday, with the worlds best 11hc'r and the worlds worst 10hc'r :D

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Playing Powfoot on a weekend away, never played there if anyone's any tips?

Also playing Southerness, I have been there before but didn't see much of the golf course so all advice welcome :rofl:

D

Deleted member 1740

Also playing Southerness, I have been there before but didn't see much of the golf course so all advice welcome :rofl:

I like Powfoot, a lovely links.

D

Deleted member 1740

Playing a 36 hole singles at Cavendish GC in Buxton on Sunday, with the worlds best 11hc'r and the worlds worst 10hc'r :D

His game is starting to rub off on you,I'd stay away from him :rofl:

D

Deleted member 17920

Oh I am also playing Cavendish and paying another £20 towards someones sunningdale trip!!!

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site

Nice course mate. Plenty of tight Gorse lined holes, no need for driver.
It isn't a ball breaker, keep it in play and you'll score well.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pray for good weather!

Saying "Southerness" still brings me out in a cold sweat, hopefully face up to my demons there!

I like Powfoot, a lovely links.

Nice course mate. Plenty of tight Gorse lined holes, no need for driver.
It isn't a ball breaker, keep it in play and you'll score well.

Cheers Gents, looking forward to it. The way I've been hitting driver and 3 wood off the tee recently I'll be hitting a lot of 3 irons I think.

Looking forward to it, hope the weather plays ball.....

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Playing at Ellesborough tomorrow in their Captain's Charity Day. Only played it once before and really enjoyed it and the day overall.

Looks like we've swerved the bad weather by a day though got drenched at ours this morning.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Off out to play West Sussex for the 1st time later this morning with Richart. Teeing off just after mid-day.
Really, really looking forward to it. Have heard nothing but good things about the course. Weather looks set fair for the day, and the course should be in immaculate condition.
Will report back with my findings later on.
http://www.westsussexgolf.co.uk/course/holes/hole_1

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Off out to play West Sussex for the 1st time later this morning with Richart. Teeing off just after mid-day.
Really, really looking forward to it. Have heard nothing but good things about the course. Weather looks set fair for the day, and the course should be in immaculate condition.
Will report back with my findings later on.
http://www.westsussexgolf.co.uk/course/holes/hole_1
I am a little excited.:whistle: