I'm playing a new course for the first time... (Rolling thread)

D

Deleted member 17920

Lol, not really. Think the course quite easily tamed us and the rest of the field. When we arrived a few scores were already on display, first group had 2 NRs and a 101 off 10... Net 70 was winning when we left off 15 which was some round I have to say but there were many NRs. LQs 0.1 has apparently shown up on his handicap this morning so not reductions only, though.

Would I go back - yes, for the open at £50 but i wouldn't dream of paying full green fee. It's too hard a course to enjoy, certainly from a first-timers perspective.
CSS was 75 so it was a tough day.

42 NR's :eek:

70 put a score in ;)

D

Deleted member 16999

Prudhoe GC on friday, good company, so hoping for a good day's golf.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Playing Woolton GC in Liverpool on Tuesday in a charity event. I had read earlier this year that the members had voted to sell the club to a property magnate but the council are not in favour of another large housing project. Not sure if that is still going ahead.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Playing Birchwood GC in Warrington later on, any tips?

Look both ways before crossing the road ;) You go over it a few times.

I played it earlier in the year and it was in the best condition I have ever seen it. It can get very wet. the only hole I don't like is the dog leg where you have to tee off with a 7i. Few long holes to finish on the back 9.

D

Deleted member 17920

Little Aston on Sunday.

Looking forward to it and hoping the weather plays ball.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Playing Woolton GC in Liverpool on Tuesday in a charity event. I had read earlier this year that the members had voted to sell the club to a property magnate but the council are not in favour of another large housing project. Not sure if that is still going ahead.

Its a weird one that.

There have been rumours that they will sell, buy the local Muni (which has just been put on a 25 year contract by a management company), but the council still want pay-and-play on there, so seems a pipe dream.

Its not long, if you can hit driver 230-240, it will mainly be driver and PW/9 iron for a lot of the front 9.

D

Deleted member 21258

Little Aston on Sunday.

Looking forward to it and hoping the weather plays ball.

Oh oh oh, could you please let us know how it is playing and if worth the green fee?

Weird or what Adam/I were going to go this sunday but a greensomes comp tomorrow, has meant Adam/I have put it off by one weekend and should be going next weekend (subject to weather and checking with the pro shop).

D

Deleted member 17920

Oh oh oh, could you please let us know how it is playing and if worth the green fee?

Weird or what Adam/I were going to go this sunday but a greensomes comp tomorrow, has meant Adam/I have put it off by one weekend and should be going next weekend (subject to weather and checking with the pro shop).
Will let you know.

Have you looked at the winter deals they do?

D

Deleted member 21258

Cheers thanks.

Just looked, the winter deal I can see on the website is weekday after November. As Adam can only go at the weekend its not an option, shame as its 'only' £50 per person for a fourball including some brekies, a lot cheaper than just green fees. Cor wish I had seen that before I thought about Wolburn in March.:mmm:

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
Honiton trip finally here, well tomorrow, and the weather forecast looks spot on so far. Very excited indeed. Oddly, it's a course I've wanted to play since I started playing. No idea why though.

D

Deleted member 17920

Wynyard tomorrow morning

Seaton Carew tomorrow afternoon

Ganton Wednesday

Haven't played any of them so looking forward to a smaller road trip than Aberdeen last weekend.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wynyard tomorrow morning

Seaton Carew tomorrow afternoon

Ganton Wednesday

Haven't played any of them so looking forward to a smaller road trip than Aberdeen last weekend.

You got a new job for Your Golf Travel or something LQ!!??? :rofl:

Ganton is absolutely superb, one of the best I've played. The bunkers have to be seen to be believed and some great holes on it. Can't wait to get back there. :thup: