I'm playing a new course for the first time... (Rolling thread)

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
A two day trip to the Midwest (Wiltshire) tomorrow and Thursday.

Seniors open better ball at Upavon tomorrow and our end of season away day at North Wilts on Thursday.

We've booked an old pub hotel tomorrow night and really looking forward to both days.

Anyone had any experience of either course?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17920

I hope you get to sample the delights of the Ganton bunkers :D
Didn't go in too many :whistle:

Also to add to this list I played pannal near Harrogate last weekend, £25 on the website was a steal, nice layout with good greens, wouldn't play it in winter though as I imagine it's very wet.

D

Deleted member 16999

A two day trip to the Midwest (Wiltshire) tomorrow and Thursday.

Seniors open better ball at Upavon tomorrow and our end of season away day at North Wilts on Thursday.

We've booked an old pub hotel tomorrow night and really looking forward to both days.

Anyone had any experience of either course?
Played Upavon a few times, not a bad course, few quirky holes, on the site of an old airfield so very open and exposed on top of the hill, really hope it's not too windy for you.

D

Deleted member 16999

Didn't go in too many :whistle:

Also to add to this list I played pannal near Harrogate last weekend, £25 on the website was a steal, nice layout with good greens, wouldn't play it in winter though as I imagine it's very wet.

Did you enjoy Seaton Carew?

D

Deleted member 17920

Did you enjoy Seaton Carew?
It was OK Paul, I liked the layout and overall the condition was OK, its a shame but its the time of year but the 1st 3 greens and the last 3 greens had been spiked an hour before we played.

The views around are incredible, one of the prettiest course I have ever been too :whistle:

D

Deleted member 16999

It was OK Paul, I liked the layout and overall the condition was OK, its a shame but its the time of year but the 1st 3 greens and the last 3 greens had been spiked an hour before we played.

The views around are incredible, one of the prettiest course I have ever been too :whistle:
The views are special, it's not very often the line into some of the greens are the cooling towers of a Nuclear Power Station :rofl:

Which layout did you play?

D

Deleted Member 1156

and our end of season away day at North Wilts on Thursday.

I've played N Wilts Johnny, I'll tell you all about it at Hayling next weekend.

Oh hang on, you'll have played it by then......... :rofl:

It's a downland course and quite high up so gets the wind. Built on either side of a main road. I enjoyed it, I think you will too :thup:

D

Deleted member 17920

The views are special, it's not very often the line into some of the greens are the cooling towers of a Nuclear Power Station :rofl:

Which layout did you play?

Micklem course.

Was quite impressed with the club as it had good practise facilities and I was more impressed at the clubhouse food, really good value.

jdpjamesp

Q-School Graduate
www.jdpalmer.co.uk
Neighbour is taking me round Oake Manor on Saturday. Looking forward to it, but looking at the planner there's a lot of water. I fear for my balls! :( Anyone played it? Is it as bad as it looks?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Neighbour is taking me round Oake Manor on Saturday. Looking forward to it, but looking at the planner there's a lot of water. I fear for my balls! :( Anyone played it? Is it as bad as it looks?
I have and it is not that bad. Managed 36 points, which was only four behind Pokerjoke. Probably why I still don't like him.;)

D

Deleted member 21258

Going to play West Lancs on a reciprocal next week, this thread happened to pop up on the search.

Seems to have had mixed reviews from this.

Thought I would pop the thread back up, as find it quite interesting reading details of new courses people are due to play.

D

Deleted member 17920

Going to play West Lancs on a reciprocal next week, this thread happened to pop up on the search.

Seems to have had mixed reviews from this.

Thought I would pop the thread back up, as find it quite interesting reading details of new courses people are due to play.
West Lancs is a fantastic course Darren, you will enjoy it.