I'm playing a new course for the first time... (Rolling thread)

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wilmslow is one of my favourite courses around here mate, love the Par 3's there as they've got a great variety to them!

Playing there on Friday actually in a pairs comp!

Course overall in not too bad a nick but greens left a lot to be desired compared to ours, very slow although before going out a member called them as being fast !! That rain last night wont have helped as they flooded before our eyes and last two groups didn't finish due to lightening .
Got a strange local rule going on as well with cut rough getting a free drop. It's being left to dry out for collection so even if you cant find your ball you can drop at point of entry without penalty !!

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like Powfoot, a lovely links.

Nice course mate. Plenty of tight Gorse lined holes, no need for driver.
It isn't a ball breaker, keep it in play and you'll score well.

You were both spot on, a really nice course Powfoot. Thoroughly enjoyed my round there and we had nice weather, 6 birdies always helps with the enjoyment right enough ;) Especially after knocking it OOB off the first tee!!!! :rofl:

Banished my demons from Southerness aswell, wind was strong but no rain with it this time and played really well.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Course overall in not too bad a nick but greens left a lot to be desired compared to ours, very slow although before going out a member called them as being fast !! That rain last night wont have helped as they flooded before our eyes and last two groups didn't finish due to lightening .
Got a strange local rule going on as well with cut rough getting a free drop. It's being left to dry out for collection so even if you cant find your ball you can drop at point of entry without penalty !!

what a bizarre rule, hoping that's gone for Friday.

Dry weather the next couple of days by the looks of it so fingers crossed it'll dry out!

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's a pairs open at Shrigley Hall on Saturday, anyone played here before?

Played there a couple f times, but only in the winter. Barring 4 or 5 average holes (and one really wacky one) it's a pretty decent course where you have to think your shots through.

There is one hole (about 12 or 13) that's literally like plying up a cliff face though. One of the more bizarre golf holes I've played.

could be decent in summer.

D

Deleted member 17920

A nice weekend ahead just shame Odvan and Birchy are also in on the act!

Saturday Trump Aberdeen (played it before but Hobbit is coming along for the ride)

Sunday Royal Aberdeen (New course)

Monday North Berwick with IanG (New course and the one I am most looking forward to)

Weather forecast looks good so really looking forward to it.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A nice weekend ahead just shame Odvan and Birchy are also in on the act!

Saturday Trump Aberdeen (played it before but Hobbit is coming along for the ride)

Sunday Royal Aberdeen (New course)

Monday North Berwick with IanG (New course and the one I am most looking forward to)

Weather forecast looks good so really looking forward to it.

Really looking forward to it. Hope the snow stays away this time.

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Playing The Players Club nr Bristol Sunday, let's hope the weather holds, not off the back tees thankfully