I'm playing a new course for the first time... (Rolling thread)

D

Deleted Member 1156

Don't think you'll like it Gordon, but enjoy and hopefully the weather is kind (great 17th par 3)

Spot on Kenny, enjoyed it as a one-off with mates but certainly wouldn't want to be playing it week in, week out. The greens are ridiculous and there is too much luck involved for it to be a serious golf course.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Playing Castle Royle in a club match this morning.

Local course that I've never played and looking forward to it.

Heard it's a track for the big hitters so not exactly playing to my strengths - better develop a good short game pronto 😳

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Spot on Kenny, enjoyed it as a one-off with mates but certainly wouldn't want to be playing it week in, week out. The greens are ridiculous and there is too much luck involved for it to be a serious golf course.
I told you that, but would you listen.:whistle:

I am playing it again in October, as we couldn't get on the New Course. I would have preferred to play the Jubilee twice.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played West Surrey today and what a lovely course. So many beautiful and picturesque holes. Hope to be able to go back soon. A real gem.

A big up from me :thup:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having our annual Ryder Cup weekend at Carden Park, Chester. Playing the Nicklaus course Friday and Sunday and the Cheshire course on Saturday - haven't played this venue at all before.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Snap. We are playing it tomorrow though. Lots of the courses are being spiked at the moment so the choice is a bit limited. Playing Los Naranjos on Saturday so the better halves can go to Puerto Banus market and Santana on Saturday.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Snap. We are playing it tomorrow though. Lots of the courses are being spiked at the moment so the choice is a bit limited. Playing Los Naranjos on Saturday so the better halves can go to Puerto Banus market and Santana on Saturday.

Nice. Let me know how you get on! We're flying out on Saturday and playing solid golf for 2 weeks. Start with Cabopino, then we're playing Calanova, Santa Clara, El Chaparral, La Quinta, a week at La Cala, Marbella and Torrequebrada. Seriously excited!

D

Deleted member 17920

Playing in the meet at Moor Allerton tomorrow, haven't been before so looking forward to it.

Shame about my draw tho but never mind! Easy tenner from Odvan.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Playing in the meet at Moor Allerton tomorrow, haven't been before so looking forward to it.

Likewise.

Glyn, not as many bunkers as you're accustomed too but you'll be able to forage in the trees, something you like doing. I'll let you know what the middle of the course looked like after.

We can always double up if it's gonna be that easy?

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site

I really enjoyed it when we played, really nice parkland course and the greens were really soft but incredibly fast! You'll enjoy it :thup:

D

Deleted member 17920

Likewise.

Glyn, not as many bunkers as you're accustomed too but you'll be able to forage in the trees, something you like doing. I'll let you know what the middle of the course looked like after.

We can always double up if it's gonna be that easy?
I will let you know after I have played tonight!

D

Deleted member 17920

I really enjoyed it when we played, really nice parkland course and the greens were really soft but incredibly fast! You'll enjoy it :thup:
Excellent, I am good at target golf at the minute, I have the ball well under control :whistle:

D

Deleted member 1147

Swinley Forest - see the arrange a game section.

The day after HFH, 3 spots currently available @ £180 per man.