I'm playing a new course for the first time... (Rolling thread)

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just entered an open at Enville on the recommendation of my pro.

Might not get in because of a possible ballot, but is it as good as he says, and anything quirky I should know about?

Both courses are top draw, basically keep it straight and stay out of the heather, trees and ditches :)

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just entered an open at Enville on the recommendation of my pro.

Might not get in because of a possible ballot, but is it as good as he says, and anything quirky I should know about?

If it's the mid am you've entered, it's just been changed to 1st come 1st served mate. See you there 👍

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Playing Carden Park's Cheshire Course tomorrow, any tips guys?
3 wood at most on 18th, the bunkers and water are reachable.Lay up for the par 4/5 on the 14th IIRC, don't go in the bunkers below the green.The last 3-4 holes are the best and the 18 th offers great views. better than the Nicklaus, IMHO - just hope the greens are in good nick, as not always so.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
3 wood at most on 18th, the bunkers and water are reachable.Lay up for the par 4/5 on the 14th IIRC, don't go in the bunkers below the green.The last 3-4 holes are the best and the 18 th offers great views. better than the Nicklaus, IMHO - just hope the greens are in good nick, as not always so.

This. You don't really need to hit your driver that often was the main thing I remember. I much prefer it to the Niklaus and the last 3 in particular are the best 3 holes on the complex (as well as probably the dog left left hole infront of the Country House on the Niklaus course)....just my opinion.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Cheers matey appreciate it :thup:

Weather has been ideal our way this week so hopefully should be playing good.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Playing Carden Park's Cheshire Course tomorrow, any tips guys?
Played it at the end of May with Huds and Bluewolf. It was in good nick and the rough was penal.
Hybrid or fairway wood off the tee is the order of the day. Last 3 / 4 holes are great. 18th is no more than a 6 iron then a pw, but it looks longer.....

Raesy92

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played Strathaven today, was very impressed with the course. In immaculate condition and the green were top notch, extremely quick and ran true.

Will definitely be back for another round.

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
I'll be playing Rusper golf course in a few weeks, anyone got any helpful information?
Good course if we have a decent run of weather, becomes a bog if any rain at all.

average muni condition.

First couple of holes quite short and boring but gets much better after the 4th, and in places gets quite tight.

Much better course off the whites.

Not the nicest clubhouse but really nice friendly staff.

For the price well worth a game.

P.s. Is on the Gatwick flight path so there is constant noise from the planes.

I wont bore everyone on here but if you want a hole by hole run down pm me.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If it's the mid am you've entered, it's just been changed to 1st come 1st served mate. See you there 👍

It wasn't, but I changed my entry late last week after deciding it's a bit more relaxed playing with you old people ;)

Also entered the Porters Park mid am, I really enjoyed their course last year.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Up the coast a few miles to play Kilspindie for the first time this coming Saturday in an Invitational Texas Scramble. Only heard nice things about it, so looking forward to seeing for myself.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Bang on with this matey, I hit a 5 wood off the last and left myself a nice 80 yard shot in, we had a sneaky little drive to see if we could reach it but just left it in the water! 15-18 were great, favourite out of them was the par 3 17th. Got a few photos so will try and upload them.

Unfortunately they'd hollow tined the greens, they weren't the worst but certainly not the best.

Would definitely pay the £25 they were asking for.
Much better than the Nicklaus and a much harder test!

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
It wasn't, but I changed my entry late last week after deciding it's a bit more relaxed playing with you old people ;)

Also entered the Porters Park mid am, I really enjoyed their course last year.

The conversation is easier. You can talk about the same crap in the afternoon as you did in the morning as we've generally forgot by then! ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

Just back from playing Woodhall Spa both courses for the first time

The Bracken is a great second course , some tricky holes with big undulating greens - was tough to get used to the pace but it's own right it's a good course

The Hotchkin was wonderful - every hole was visually lovely and played brilliantly - loved every minute of it , the fairways were like carpets , greens were true - the bunkers are amazing all so natural - I couldn't stop smiling as I walked around playing it - already can't wait to go back and it's prob now my favourite inland course.