I'm An Idiot

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played today and hit the fairway on the 12th fairway. There were some leaves by the ball that I wanted to remove. Not a problem so parked the trolly up and was about to bend down and get rid of the leaves when a PP called my name. I looked up, and then without looking back down at where I was promptly gave the ball a kick with my right foot (a miracle as I was always left footed). Immediately called it even though it only moved by 6 inches or so but for the rest of the hole I was seething at my stupidity. Anyone else done anything equally as stupid?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Teed off the wrong side of the markers at West Hill in a forum meet. Partners kindly advised me after the shot.:whistle:

My excuse is that I very rarely have the honour.:eek:

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Many years ago I hit my ball on a practice swing on the putting green, it went off at right angles. Learnt not to practice so close.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played today and hit the fairway on the 12th fairway. There were some leaves by the ball that I wanted to remove. Not a problem so parked the trolly up and was about to bend down and get rid of the leaves when a PP called my name. I looked up, and then without looking back down at where I was promptly gave the ball a kick with my right foot (a miracle as I was always left footed). Immediately called it even though it only moved by 6 inches or so but for the rest of the hole I was seething at my stupidity. Anyone else done anything equally as stupid?

Did you put it back?

Wolf

Visit site
I've never kicked my ball, but I am another that's inadvertently hit my ball with a practice swing when putting...

Have also played ball from wrong position on green after moving my marker for someone and forgot to put it back to its correct spot before playing...

Lastly biggest cock up I've made was playing semi final of a junior matchplay comp at my first club, all square goi g down the 17th knocked ball into rough, went found where it finished played the shot to about 12 feet prime position to go 1up, got to green and marked ball at that point realised I'd played wrong ball from the rough, lost the hole and match 1 down. Never made that mistake since..

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I hit the ball with my practice swings on chips and putting from time to time. Usually in bounce games and my mates show no mercy anymore. Haha