If you were captain....

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i stand corrected... He's an "affiliate" member whatever that means... But he still would have to fulfil his membership obligations

"Note 2: For points earned on either list to count within any one Official Season, a Ranked Member must fulfil his Membership obligations* (referred to in Regulation B1(c)) within that Official Season".

Can't be bothered to look, but think that is to play in a certain amount of European tour tournaments per year... Unless he plays a few more times in Europe he wouldn't qualify.. But that goes for all I guess...they have to play enough times on the European tour.

With the majors and the wgc's it's prity easy to make up the number required to play both tours. He played a few euro events last year outside of those events. And I'm sure when he's been interviewed he's said he'd like to make the team so either the two wins on the pga tour he's hot his card for a few years. I'm sure a year focusing more on the euro tour to make the team wouldn't do him any harm.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Pieman
Murph
Smiffy
Gibbo
Hawkeye
Bladeplayer
Imurg
Jezz
Mike H
Fundy
Vkrup
Richart

They may not win but they would put the fear of god into the Yanks on the first tee and I think if we design the RC outfits around Rick and Murph's dress sense they could dazzle the US into submission

markgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
..... And you had to pick a European Ryder Cup team now, who would you choose.

My list of 12 would be:

1. Ian Poulter
2. Henrik Stenson
3. Justin Rose
4. Rafael Cabrera-Bello
5. Luke Donald
6. Lee Westwood
7. Sergio Garcia
8. Graeme McDowell
9. Jonas Blixt
10. Matteo Manassero
11. Rory Mcilroy
12. Thomas Bjorn

Who gets a spot on your team?

Rory Mcilroy!!! i would not pick him, just as well pick a rookie better chance of winning and leave mcliroy to spend time with his girlfriend. No point in being on the course if you head is not in it

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Pieman
Murph
Smiffy
Gibbo
Hawkeye
Bladeplayer
Imurg
Jezz
Mike H
Fundy
Vkrup
Richart

They may not win but they would put the fear of god into the Yanks on the first tee and I think if we design the RC outfits around Rick and Murph's dress sense they could dazzle the US into submission

Pfft thats you off my crimbo list

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
At the moment it would be:

1. Ian Poulter
2. Henrik Stenson
3. Justin Rose
4. F. Molinari
5. Luke Donald
6. Lee Westwood
7. Sergio Garcia
8. Graeme McDowell
9. Paul Casey (for the matchplay aspect)
10. Matteo Manassero
11. Rory Mcilroy
12. Nicolas Colsaerts

But hoping that Gallagher, Olsen and Donaldson & maybe Weisberger break through and get the points they need as we need to start bringing in some new talent for the future years also.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rory Mcilroy!!! i would not pick him, just as well pick a rookie better chance of winning and leave mcliroy to spend time with his girlfriend. No point in being on the course if you head is not in it

he's playing a lot better now, and even with slighly poor form he would still be good for match play.