I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Swindle this morning. Playing off 9, I went out in 38... for the second time in a week!
And put two in the water on the 18th and blobbed the last for the second time in a week! Dammit!
Still, back in 45 with a dnf hole 6 and 7 on 17 and 18 means I'm not too unhappy with my game at present. I just need to stop messing up the closing holes.
St. George's Hill Wednesday, I shot 1 under handicap with a 6 and a 6 on the last two holes.
This game!

D

Deleted member 31467

Invitation day at my mates club today. 5 birdies and 1 bogey between us for 45 points to miss out on the W by 1 shot.
Invitation day at mine tomorrow, we go again.......

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Played my 20th qualifying comp of the year today and managed to get all my 8 qualifying scores into the 70s.

Slow starts are a bit of a pattern now with double on the first hole. Two 2s on the front 9 helped to repair some damage and finished 5 over.

New mizuno putter (old brass thing from the 90s) is starting to really feel at home in my hands.

Happy man 😀

Springveldt

Visit site
Well, that was toasty 😓. 4bbb today, I knew my partner, didn't know the other guys. Smashing blokes, one was an older guy off 6. Hit it beautifully, a pleasure to watch.

The greens have been hollow tined, big holes. It was Mickey mouse stuff, we were just missing windmills and clowns faces ☹. A shame.

My game was generally sound. Continuing on from my recent lesson the new backswing is starting to show promise. I'm getting good connections, better loft. All that I wanted. Most exciting, for me, I hit over the trees on the corner of our dog leg 16th hole with my hybrid. It's a shot I've been attempting and failing all season, @rudebhoy can confirm 😄, but today I pulled it off perfectly. Happy days.

Now to get back to drinking water.........
As you say comical today. Hit 3 chips from the side of greens that went 90 degrees left or right when they landed, today probably pushed some people over the edge with the course.

I drank 1.5L of juice/lucazade on the way round and the first thing I drank when I got into the clubhouse was a pint of water before I even attempt to drink my Moretti.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played today the round was pretty average but the notable thing was it was the third round using the same ball despite several good attempts to lose it.

It was a bit of a scorcher but being on a buggy made a big difference. I think I might not have played if I had been walking.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Joined the weekend Stableford for a change.

Started with a nice double. 100 yard to the pin from a horrible lie, tried to manufacture a shot and dumped the ball in the pond in front of the green.
Then left the bogie putt an inch short 🤦‍♂️

Then played reasonably well apart from a couple of thinned iron shots.

Our greens were running beautifully although a touch slow due the the amount of water they’ve had. Which resulted in me leaving at least 4 more putts a couple of inches short.

Two more dropped shots and a birdie, by holing bunker shot led to a gross 75 (39/36) for 41 points.

Great time to hit a bit of form just as the front 9 at my course is going to be shut for 2 months for bunker renovations.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just got back from a lovely day at the seaside with @anotherdouble @Paperboy and @Oddsocks.

Golf was scrappy but the company made up for it.

Personal highlight was 17th. 310 off the tee and a pitch and run to 6 inches for a gimme birdie

Had the pleasure of joining in on this little trip, for the first 9 I simply had my head right up my jaxi but worked out how to swing a club after 7 holes. Jesus was it bloody hot though!

Cheers to @Dando for driving, @anotherdouble for the invite and @Paperboy for his honest assessment of my first 7 holes 😂😂😂

Albo

Visit site
Played today and shot a 73 (though on a par 67) which is as low as I’ve shot as a single number and against par.
Pleased as I don’t have a driver at the moment due to it being broken so had to use 3w off most of the tees.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Had the pleasure of joining in on this little trip, for the first 9 I simply had my head right up my jaxi but worked out how to swing a club after 7 holes. Jesus was it bloody hot though!

Cheers to @Dando for driving, @anotherdouble for the invite and @Paperboy for his honest assessment of my first 7 holes 😂😂😂

A good job you started badly, otherwise you’d probably have won 😂

Cheers, to Chris for hosting top notch company and some good and indifferent golf from all of us.
@Oddsocks loved my pitching wood 😂

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
No golf for me this weekend so was up to the youth to take care of golfing matters.

Played in the Junior Open at Fixby (Huddersfield Golf Club) yesterday, and while his score wasn't good enough to get him in the prizes, it was good enough to shave another 0.8 off his handicap - down to 13.5 now - it was 29.5 back in April - so even factoring in the ambiguities of the WHS, he's made good solid progress this summer. He's also achieved it while barely gaining any height or weight while his mates seem to be shooting up!! A growth spurt and a little bit of tightening up the short game should see him down to single figures as we look forward to 2024.

Last edited:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Got out Saturday morning at first light but hell it was foggy. I was first out so didn't have to worry about groups in front but I was basically following the mower around for the first 7 holes or so.

Hit irons off every tee for the first 5 holes and was scoring terribly (10 over through 9!) Then on the back 9 the fog had burnt off and visibility was much better so I could get the driver out - finished the back 3 over for the 9 holes with a triple!

Really happy with how my irons were going, just fell into a nice tempo and was putting what felt like easy swings on them with decent results for dispersion and distance.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
New lowest round record for me yesterday, gross 83, previous best was 84 in June last year. Absolutely delighted. Been playing pretty rubbish this year, haven’t broken 90 in a proper round, handicap crept up from 15.7 to 16.9, been feeling pretty fed up and not knowing what I’ve been doing differently to score so badly most weeks. As posted on other threads, I’ve committed to more practice over the winter and have already been working on making my grip less strong, maybe it’s working.

Very happy with that. First ever eagle as well, holed out for a 2 from 130 yards, which was nice.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First time I touched my clubs for a couple of months on Saturday to try and let a shoulder injury sort itself.

Played pretty well considering, chipping and pitching was a little rusty though, managed a triple from 130 yards out on 14, just caught the greenside bunker then sand wedge bounced on hard pack to blade it into the opposite bunker. And a double on the last after a 230 yard hybrid to the centre of the fairway, then proceeded to thin a gap wedge into the clubhouse 😬

Finished with a nett 70 (par 72).......but more importantly the shoulder seemed ok :giggle:.....and no damage to anyone or anything on the 18th :ROFLMAO:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Hard to put together a reasonable score with 9 nett bogey holes on your card courtesy of a putter cold forged in the icy depths of Iceland........