I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Played last night in the final for my work society Matchplay Trophy.

Going up against a 25 hcp, meaning I was giving 11 shots - we played in the semi last year and I was 1 down after 16 and managed to just turn it around then. He's a solid golfer, definitely better than 25.

We played at Three Locks GC, which was in okay condition - the greens were unbelievably soft and wet and really slow which was very surprising and annoying.

I was 1 down after the first, 2 up after the 3rd and that was the last time I was up in the match. Wasn't striking the ball well at all, hitting a lot of pulls/pull hooks and even hit a few shanks.

4 down at the turn, I managed to get my game back a little and played much better on the back 9, I was having to make pars just to stay in the match though and fought back so I was 2 down with 3 to play but unfortunately lost it there on the 16th.
Well played over the 2nd and 3rd holes there sir!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Anotherdouble came for a visit yesterday and today
The plan was to play 18 both days bit the weather being so hot and Chris struggling with a back issue we just played the front 9 yesterday and hoped to be able to play the back 9 at least this morning..
CVG came along and off we went...
Chris was struggling from the off and came in after 9. Was good to catch up and I belive he enjoyed the course...when he's healthy he's coming back to do it justice.
We carried on and finished with 30 and 33 points....Grandad CVG won.....but my game off the tee is hugely concerning
Really struggling with driver and fairway...lots of pulls and smothered shots but then a bullet straight long one....
Irons are OK and most other parts are working..its just getting off the tee.
Last thing I need right now is a competitive Medal but I've got one on Sunday.....might feign death to avoid the embarrassingly high score.........

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Anotherdouble came for a visit yesterday and today
The plan was to play 18 both days bit the weather being so hot and Chris struggling with a back issue we just played the front 9 yesterday and hoped to be able to play the back 9 at least this morning..
CVG came along and off we went...
Chris was struggling from the off and came in after 9. Was good to catch up and I belive he enjoyed the course...when he's healthy he's coming back to do it justice.
We carried on and finished with 30 and 33 points....Grandad CVG won.....but my game off the tee is hugely concerning
Really struggling with driver and fairway...lots of pulls and smothered shots but then a bullet straight long one....
Irons are OK and most other parts are working..its just getting off the tee.
Last thing I need right now is a competitive Medal but I've got one on Sunday.....might feign death to avoid the embarrassingly high score.........
thanks for ruining Chris' back before i pay him a visit tomorrow - i might have a chance of winning

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A strange one today in the swindle, another bogey free round. Unfortunately I had two doubles, each one on the holes that I get a shot on. Managed 3 birdies which gave me a a total of 39 points. Nowhere near good enough to win any of the dosh.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played yesterday, my word it was hot.
Three of us played a scramble of 'caps of 15, 19 and 24.
We finished on five under, which I thought was pretty good.
Highlight of the day was, on 18th tee, making a hole at the end of a Twirl bar and squeezing it, like a toothpaste tube, into my gaping mouth.
You can't beat warm, molten, gooey chocolate!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Birthday round today. (Actual birthday is tomorrow but it's not the same unless you have a day off work!) Went to West Herts with three mates.

Started absolutely appallingly with 3 points over the first 4 holes. Two sliced drives didn't help but also I was very frustrated by some shocking bounces. Worst of all the par 3 4th which stupidly has a path running across the front of the green for your ball to bounce off of. Who's idea was that??

We paused to buy a can of beer/cider from the drinks truck that had turned up from nowhere, and a simple can of Strongbow apparently sorted me right out - five straight pars for a front nine of 17 points. 😆

Back nine was decent as well, kept hitting fairways and putting very well. Dropped a couple of shots but a nice birdie on the 15th made up for that. Closed the back nine with 20 points for 37 total. Not bad after those opening four holes.

Only finished third though with that. 13 handicap mate managed 38 points, but 28 hcap won the day (receiving 32 shots) - after an unbelievable front nine of 25 points he struggled to match that on the back - ended on 39 despite blobbing the last two holes.. 😲

Needless to say for anyone who else went out today, but it was flipping hot. I'm not complaining either, it was nice to finally play a round in some heat this year, but christ my clothes were drenched by the end.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Birthday round today. (Actual birthday is tomorrow but it's not the same unless you have a day off work!) Went to West Herts with three mates.

Started absolutely appallingly with 3 points over the first 4 holes. Two sliced drives didn't help but also I was very frustrated by some shocking bounces. Worst of all the par 3 4th which stupidly has a path running across the front of the green for your ball to bounce off of. Who's idea was that??

We paused to buy a can of beer/cider from the drinks truck that had turned up from nowhere, and a simple can of Strongbow apparently sorted me right out - five straight pars for a front nine of 17 points. 😆

Back nine was decent as well, kept hitting fairways and putting very well. Dropped a couple of shots but a nice birdie on the 15th made up for that. Closed the back nine with 20 points for 37 total. Not bad after those opening four holes.

Only finished third though with that. 13 handicap mate managed 38 points, but 28 hcap won the day (receiving 32 shots) - after an unbelievable front nine of 25 points he struggled to match that on the back - ended on 39 despite blobbing the last two holes.. 😲

Needless to say for anyone who else went out today, but it was flipping hot. I'm not complaining either, it was nice to finally play a round in some heat this year, but christ my clothes were drenched by the end.
Well played Oli and many happy returns for today.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Early start with Fragger today - neither of us like the heat so we started on the 10th at 6.05..
Evens going out, both had 17 points....my game, especially off the tee is still ropey to say the least.
2nd 9 followed a similar path but Fragger lost his way a little..
He ended up with 33 I think...I shot a 77 (+6) for 36 points and a cut back into the 4s.....4.9
The least said about Fragger's index the better.
My score doesn't tell the story though.
I finished birdie, birdie, par for 9 points....that 36 could easily have been 31/32....or less...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Early one at my course today with my two usual buddies and another mate making up the four-ball.

Started on the 13th, with steady bogeys until the 17th I somehow got plugged in the face of a deep bunker and had absolutely no chance, so an unlucky blob there (was inches away from chipping in for a 6 from the other side of the green though). Missed some silly short putts on the 1st and 2nd but the slow greens were once again messing up my rhythm with putting (especially after playing quick greens yesterday). A nice run of four pars in a row after that though, and birdying both the back to back par 5s on 8th and 9th brought me back into the realm of a good score. Unfortunately that was halted with doubles on the final two holes - 11th & 12th - with a combination of poor shots and bad luck. Bit of a rollercoaster 82 in the end for 37 points.

It was a weird combination of bone dry fairways and soft, slow greens as they seem to have watered them all, so really you could say perfect conditions and I should have done much better. Certainly should have been an 80 at worst but you can't win them all.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, that was toasty 😓. 4bbb today, I knew my partner, didn't know the other guys. Smashing blokes, one was an older guy off 6. Hit it beautifully, a pleasure to watch.

The greens have been hollow tined, big holes. It was Mickey mouse stuff, we were just missing windmills and clowns faces ☹. A shame.

My game was generally sound. Continuing on from my recent lesson the new backswing is starting to show promise. I'm getting good connections, better loft. All that I wanted. Most exciting, for me, I hit over the trees on the corner of our dog leg 16th hole with my hybrid. It's a shot I've been attempting and failing all season, @rudebhoy can confirm 😄, but today I pulled it off perfectly. Happy days.

Now to get back to drinking water.........

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, that was toasty 😓. 4bbb today, I knew my partner, didn't know the other guys. Smashing blokes, one was an older guy off 6. Hit it beautifully, a pleasure to watch.

The greens have been hollow tined, big holes. It was Mickey mouse stuff, we were just missing windmills and clowns faces ☹. A shame.

My game was generally sound. Continuing on from my recent lesson the new backswing is starting to show promise. I'm getting good connections, better loft. All that I wanted. Most exciting, for me, I hit over the trees on the corner of our dog leg 16th hole with my hybrid. It's a shot I've been attempting and failing all season, @rudebhoy can confirm 😄, but today I pulled it off perfectly. Happy days.

Now to get back to drinking water.........

I played weds and Thurs, took 1.75 litres of water with Me

Got 1 litre of coke at the halfway house (was open for once due to societies being out)

Finished with 500 ml of drink after aswell

Still felt I hadn't drunk enough

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played weds and Thurs, took 1.75 litres of water with Me

Got 1 litre of coke at the halfway house (was open for once due to societies being out)

Finished with 500 ml of drink after aswell

Still felt I hadn't drunk enough
I'm playing again tomorrow, I will definitely be taking more then. I'm normally better prepared but I'm paying the price now.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Stableford competition this morning. Can’t remember it being so hot at 9am before. Started well on the first with a birdie for 4 pts, but no score on the third put me back to level twos. The rest of the round continued in similar vein, the highlight was a chip in 2 on the par 3 15th. Finished with 38pts.

After eight years my golf has gone up a level in the past two months and expect to get cut another 0.9. Will have achieved a goal I set some years ago to play singles comps at my home club getting no more than 18 shots.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site

Happy birthday, @Orikoru