I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Teebs

Visit site
I was +1 gross stood on the 14th tee and managed to drop 5 in the last 5 holes to finish +6 and a level net 72.

Annoyed but also pleased with the round, approach play was exceptional but need a few more putts to drop and stop the silly big numbers. 3 bad tee shots cost me 5 strokes..

Played with a guy off 18 and he was level gross after 8 holes, dropped 16 in the final 10 to finish -2. Shame to see him drop so many on the back 9, could've easily been a sub 60 net performance.

Last edited:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Club Championships.
Started well, and finished the front 9 on 38, 2 over gross.
Back 9 went a little worse, but clawed some pars and a bogey back from the jaws of doubles with some outrageous putting.
Then got a 9 on the last with 2 balls in the water and a knifed 6th shot! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
Finished with a 46, so 84 overall, two over handicap.
Oh, what could have been!
Qualified for tomorrow though.

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Day 1 of the club championship today, which neither @Imurg or myself were involved in, so a later than normal tee time of 2:20.

Being champ day, the pins were nasty and the greens stupid fast, you either were 8 ft short or 12 ft past.

Considering the set up, I was reasonably happy with my 32 points, especially as himself only had 29 🥳🥳🥳

We both lost balls in rough when we really should have been able to find them.

But a lovely afternoon 👍😁

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
1st round of club champs and typically played guff - but still scrambled into making the cut for 2nd round tomorrow. You can’t put together a decent round if you have four doubles on your card as I did today. Just stupid mostly.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Needed +1 on the last two to break 80, but only managed +3 for another 82.

Can't complain considering how badly I drove the ball and that i still managed a pair of birdies for the 4th time in the last 10 rounds.

Bit annoying it's not for handicap as I was playing on my own.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lady Captain's Day yesterday and I played really well, gross 77, 5 over par, for a nett 67, and that included two 3 putts, albeit from long distance and two misses putts from inside 3 feet. We were however playing lift clean and place due to the course being very muddy still and so it was a non qualifier, that said the next best score was a nett 71 so I remain very pleased with my performance and I didn't have worse than a 5 on my card

Last edited:

Springveldt

Visit site
Played in an Open at South Shields yesterday (4BBB Stableford at 85% handicap) and we had 40 points between us. I managed to count for 6 holes while my partner counted on 12.

17 points front 9 left us feeling a bit annoyed but we came back in 23 points while shooting -4. Think we were -2 gross on the day but nowhere near the prizes as you would expect. We did manage to take @Maninblack4612 @Lord Tyrion and @2blue money though in our own sweep.

Course was in great condition, rough was very lush and penal and the pins were placed in some “interesting” positions on the undulating greens. Had great weather and the big yellow thing in the sky has turned my face into a shade of beetroot, didn’t realise it was so warm.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Played Thetford yesterday and was disappointed in the overall condition of the course compared to how it has been previously.

The greens had been worked on and were very sandy, but we weren’t told when booking.

Putting cost me 4 or 5 shots, and random bounces on approaches another couple.

Last four rounds have been 83, 74, 83 and 83.

My approach play is hit and miss at the minute. Maybe new irons will fix it 😂

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
'President's Prizes' today which is a Greensomes Stableford comp. Interesting format, I played with my usual partner who's off 12.8 so we received 14 shots. Birdied our first hole (the par 5 8th) but then couldn't get going, I was hitting some very bad shots myself and we scraped a few bogeys thanks to my partner being just good enough. Double on the S.I.1 12th was our worst hole of the day but parred the 13th to make up for it. My mate missed an 18 inch putt on the 14th but then we made five pars in a row after that and felt like we were starting to hit our groove - he even played a world class bunker shot on the 1st that left me a tap-in.

Unfortunately it was my turn to miss a short putt on the 3rd, was only two feet, but the greens were painfully slow all day and this just broke way more than you'd expect thanks to that. In fact loads of our woes were down to the slow greens. Work had been done the other week and they're nowhere near back to speed yet. Three more pars and a bogey brought us in on 42 points though.

We figured no biggie with the two missed putts, someone is bound to have come in with 46-47 ish. They didn't though. It was bloody won with 43 points! Absolutely fuming! But ultimately we clearly did quite well even though I didn't feel like I played very well and my partner was a little better but not at his best. Two missed sitters away from victory - yeah that stings a bit.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Medal 11 - started par, bogey and felt confident….

Knobbed one off the 3rd tee into the agua and proceeded to drop 30 - yes THIRTY shots in the following 12 holes.
I was all for giving up golf completely then played the last 4 holes one over gross.

The Youth was playing in the Junior Open at Dewsbury, shot an 87 gross, nett 71. Enough for 2nd place and a £40 voucher, plus he’ll pick up a trophy at presentation evening for the best score from a Dewsbury member.

I need to find some form myself, Hoylake at the end of the month deserves better than I could offer today.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
2nd round of club champs and it was guff part 2.

Unfortunately spent ages watching my two playing companions hit loads of provisionals and looking for their balls in the rough - when I was pretty much always on the fairway. First time I strayed off the fairway and only just - 12th - I thought of playing a provisional but the group behind us were acting impatient so I didn’t bother; couldn’t find my blessed ball and couldn’t face the trek back to the tee. As my round was never going to do anything I just NRd - I never NR (though I have now). I just couldn’t be bothered. Pah. No matter it was a beautiful day and the course was looking and playing lovely.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A round of what could have beens, 6 doubles three of which were on par 5’s of which two were from the middle of the fairway off the tee.

To finish only 2 over Hc for the medal wasn’t bad.