I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hate this stupid game sometimes

Played at sparrowphart with little chubby bro (see above )

I know my handicap is too high, way too high and I know and he knows the only way to get it down is to play well and go low etc so I need to wallop him a few times.

Front 9 sees me with 21 points (with a blob) (Happy days) but there was no “well played Fragger, keep it up”
Just a “how can I compete when I’m giving you so many shots” type moan

Then the wheels came off and only had 12 on the back for 33. Probably a .3 cut, but nothing significant

So near, yet so far 🤯
This is a general comment, could be a random irritation so no way meant for the poster.

I never understand when people say I had so many points but 1/2 blobs. That does not excuse their score and if it was a stroke play event it could be an 8 or 9.

A lad at our place continually states the number of blobs and does that imply that if they did not they would have had a better score which is stating the obvious.

D

Deleted member 15344

Our main club scramble today

Normally the tee sheet is full within mins but half empty today

We had a gross 60 to give us a net 54 - only a good 6 shots behind the leaders who had 15 shots ?!? .

Most of the people that didn’t play are low HC and because of the allowances won’t bother anymore. There is zero point a bunch of low handicaps playing in scramble now because of the made up allowances

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This is a general comment, could be a random irritation so no way meant for the poster.

I never understand when people say I had so many points but 1/2 blobs. That does not excuse their score and if it was a stroke play event it could be an 8 or 9.

A lad at our place continually states the number of blobs and does that imply that if they did not they would have had a better score which is stating the obvious.
It can be used to boost confidence in a way..
A mate of mine, the other week, had 31 points with 7 blobs...so that means he scored 31 points in 11 holes which shows there is a game in there.
Concentration drift is what went wrong and it's a killer for high handicappers and low handicappers alike.
Working on keeping that concentration could easily turn 3 or 4 of those blobs into 2 point holes...then watch the handicap tumble.
It's not that he can't play the shots....it's mostly between the ears.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It can be used to boost confidence in a way..
A mate of mine, the other week, had 31 points with 7 blobs...so that means he scored 31 points in 11 holes which shows there is a game in there.
Concentration drift is what went wrong and it's a killer for high handicappers and low handicappers alike.
Working on keeping that concentration could easily turn 3 or 4 of those blobs into 2 point holes...then watch the handicap tumble.
It's not that he can't play the shots....it's mostly between the ears.
Trust the last sentence is not about big brother!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Board comp today - medal.
Won't be anywhere in that, but I did bloomin' well considering the state of my face and right eye for the last 10 days or so.
Got a 2 on the 6th and birdied the 18th for a SD of 3.6 and 0.3 cut to 4.1 (given PCC=0)
Perhaps I was discourteous to many on the forum with this post.

In stableford-speak it was 36 points with one blob. (It was a medal though - stableford-thoughts did not occur in my brain)

DPapas1982

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Probably should have been resting my injured foot for H4H trip but I couldn't stay away so had a round this morning. Just me and my 13 handicap mate so we had a little match. Standard was very good to begin with - each of us had a birdie (mine was a rare chip-in!) and were 3 over gross after 7 - with me 1 down in the match.

Then hole 8 was hilarious - he sliced his drive out of bounds - I topped mine into the cabbage (haven't done that in a long, long time). He tees up again and tops HIS into the cabbage. I decide I might as well go 3 off the tee.. and slice it. We thought it was in the pond but it just stayed out, could only chip back to the fairway though. He never found his second tee shot and gave up. I hacked it up for a 9 and won the hole. 😆 Then straight back on track with a par at the 9th to go 1 up.

Back nine the lead changed hands a couple of times - annoyingly I lost my only shot hole. Went back into the lead on the 15th which is a massive bogey hole for my mate. Saw it out with fantastic approaches on 17 & 18 to finish par-par and ultimately win it 2 up.

I hit two drives today that felt purer than anything I've hit all year - been working on rotating more to face target through the swing and on these two I did this and middled the strike - they went about 15 yards further than I'm used to. Then I just went back to the usual weak fades. Oh well. 😆 83 gross though, not bad with a random 9 thrown in.
Schoolboy error.

Don't wanna have a cut before h4h.....

D

Deleted member 15344

We had a gross 60 to give us a net 54 - only a good 6 shots behind the leaders who had 15 shots ?!? .

Most of the people that didn’t play are low HC and because of the allowances won’t bother anymore. There is zero point a bunch of low handicaps playing in scramble now because of the made up allowances

To add to this

A team shot 21 under gross - and still didn’t win 😂

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Sundays comp I managed to record 11 5's . Didn't really matter if they were par 3,4 or 5's. But also nothing over a 6 so it could have been a decent round had I made a few putts !

sjw

Visit site
I played on Sunday with my dad and shot my best ever 9 at +5 ("best ever" not accounting for course ratings etc, wasn't my usual course)

Besides three shots, ball striking was absolutely on point, felt so good.

Scorecard went

2 (-1)
5 (+2)
6 (+2)
5 (+2)

Chipped in for birdie on 3 after thinking my ball was lost. Two hops, hit the pin and dropped - my dad and I both cheered, arms in the air!

First double was a fatted tee shot, then a thin through the back. Narrowly missed bogey putt so could've been just a single.

The par on the 6th, I put it to 7 feet from 180 yards, left the birdie putt about an inch short. That could've got me back to level through 6.

The double on the 7th was three off the tee, so kind of a par with the second ball! 😆

The double on the last was another fatted tee shot. It's a hard one, this one, at just shy of 200 yards and into a breeze.

We got absolutely drenched at two points throughout, but that couldn't take the shine on a round which I honestly believe, on another day, could've been level par or +1 or 2.

My dad doesn't play at all, either, except when I visit him, but he had a couple of looks at par as well which was great, and he beat me on the 5th with a bogey. He hadn't seen me play for about 3 months when I feel like I've really kicked on, so the best part of the day was being able to show him the progress that I've made 😃

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Managed to play 3 rounds at the weekend.

83, 74 aaaand 83 🤦‍♂️

The 74 (+2) is my best score round my home course and the best score since my return to golf. I ticked off one of my season goals by going under par for 9 holes.

It could and probably should have been at least couple of shots lower, had it not been for a double on a par 3 and a couple of tentative down hill putts.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
When I say played, I have been to the driving range. Hit my first balls in nearly a month. holidays, anal probing, falling over and hurting ribs has caused most of that. Went to the range coz Ave a big round on Friday and I was desperate to see how me back and ribs would be.
Got to say it went well, really well.
What struck me was I was hitting really well. Why? I was not trying to smash seven bails out of it. Ball flight and direction was excellent. Distance wise yup losing a bit because of slowing of swing speed. But a very happy Tash at the moment.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played in a team event at Manchester GC yesterday, was as bad as I had been good last time I played, I think I score 8 points on the front 9 only contributed to the team once, a bit better on the back and stopped a par-less round by parring the 18th.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Brilliant day at Farnham, playing with @Orikoru , @Bdill93 and @yandabrown

I played really well on the front 9, a 5 over 40 for 20 points but just couldn't keep up the pace on the back 9. I hit a couple of spectacular shanks on the par 3 15th too.

Finished on 34 points. Thoroughly enjoyed the day and the course, thank you to @SwingsitlikeHogan for organising.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
As above - on the Farnham meet prior to H4H tomorrow. Played really well on the front nine, bar a silly double on the 9th when I hit a fairway wood through the back of the green and took two hacks to get out of a thorn bush. 19 points out.

The weather turned very miserable on the back nine, but I managed to keep a good score going until the 16th when, to be fair I was very knackered after an extremely long round (near enough 5 hours when we finished) and I topped my driver into the cabbage and ended up making a triple. Driver had been so good as well - 78% of fairways hit over the round. A miraculous up and down for 1 point on the 17th brought me back to life and I was able to par the 18th for a solid round of 87 and 36 points. Didn't trouble to the top three (steward's enquiry as to the winner I think...), but very happy with how I played, and had an excellent group with BDill, Deano and Yandabrown*. Despite the appalling weather on the back nine, still a very enjoyable course and a great day. Cheers to @SwingsitlikeHogan and @richart !

*also known as the pink castle crew. 🩷

DPapas1982

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
As above - on the Farnham meet prior to H4H tomorrow. Played really well on the front nine, bar a silly double on the 9th when I hit a fairway wood through the back of the green and took two hacks to get out of a thorn bush. 19 points out.

The weather turned very miserable on the back nine, but I managed to keep a good score going until the 16th when, to be fair I was very knackered after an extremely long round (near enough 5 hours when we finished) and I topped my driver into the cabbage and ended up making a triple. Driver had been so good as well - 78% of fairways hit over the round. A miraculous up and down for 1 point on the 17th brought me back to life and I was able to par the 18th for a solid round of 87 and 36 points. Didn't trouble to the top three (steward's enquiry as to the winner I think...), but very happy with how I played, and had an excellent group with BDill, Deano and Yandabrown*. Despite the appalling weather on the back nine, still a very enjoyable course and a great day. Cheers to @SwingsitlikeHogan and @richart !

*also known as the pink castle crew. 🩷
Not another cut before H4H?

You're meant to keep good rounds quite, much like skechers sales......

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Can we keep all posts bragging about mini meets quiet please. It sounds very cliquey and not inclusive to those who weren't able to get there.

😉 (or should that be 🥲)

Have a cracker at H4H today all - I'll make one of these one day!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a nice day out at Walmer & Kingsdown yesterday - was a friendly 4BBB club match (have recently agreed a reciprocal with them) and my first time there. Rather enjoyed it - nice enough course and a very location with spectacular views across the English Channel. Only criticism would be that a lot of green are cut into the slope - so either have a steep (vertical) drop onto it at the front, or a steep back-stop at the back. Or both. Turned out my typical game - played rather well for 15 holes but completely - ie very badly and for no discernible reason - fouled up three holes. If only I could cut out those stupid 'non-shots' I'd be in with a shout of posting some very decent scores. But we won 5&4 - not bad as neither of us had seen the course before.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

The low guys should do the same as our low guys, pick a mid or high h/c in their team and clean up, I don’t bother with scrambles anymore the h/cs are ridiculous