I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just ten holes late afternoon and course and weather as lovely as my golf was tidy and encouraging.

It’s quite amazing the effect me telling myself as I address the ball to “just be dynamic” is having. And I’ve only just started doing it as a way of replicating the freedom with which I swing the club when I just walk up and hit the blessed wee ball.

Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wasn't at my best today but did have a moment to remember on the 12th.

Tee shot was down wind so teed it high and went to give it the big one. Caught it well and soared high but started to drift right near the end of its flight. To follow it I started walking back and to the left as it was clearing a bunch of trees on the way.
Crash bang wallop. Next thing I know I'm on my back with my feet in the air thinking some bugger has 2 foot tackled me from behind.
I went clean over the bin much to the enjoyment of my playing partners.

😆

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sat here watching the rain bounce down and have already cried off, along with most of the others barring two nutter who claim they are going, 😱 thought I'd tell you about my knock on Friday. A quite stunning 82 that could have been less but for a 6 and 7 of the last two holes. Where has this been all season? A slight adjustment to how I set the club face, I noticed last time out I was pointing the face left, so made a effort to ensure it was facing the green before swiping at the ball. Also, I've been hitting longer with the clubs I'm using so went down a club on shots into greens. Four birdie opportunities were missed. But boy did I swagger off the course!!!!!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Chopped it round in 83. Went in far too many bunkers, which were either rock hard or like 6” of wet cement.

Got very wet after 4 holes. Dropping 4 shots in the 2 holes it rained. Although I can’t really blame the rain.

Driving was excellent, irons were a mix of ok or I have no idea where this is going, usually a bunker.

Putting was bang average. 3 putting the first 2 holes is never a good start. Our greens have been perfect and quick for the last couple of months. Yesterday, slow and bumpy. Not a great combination, and one I never got used to.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Professional's Day today
160 players....Men, Ladies and Juniors
We got wet....and the thunder was all around too.
We could see the cells and they weren't lose enough to mess up the day.
Current Men's leader, of a handicap of 32, has 56 points....I hope he's entered his points instead of score..... :ROFLMAO:
Pretty average display from me...33 points for a steady mid table finish....36 doesn't even get in the top 20.
With that number on the course pace of play was slow...nearly 4 1/2 hours is just too long to be out there and I may not play any more of the big lab events..
The joints just can't cope with it.....we'll see...
Nope..56 points playing off 32.
Apparently a junior.
Gross 83 with 4 pars and 2 birdies....
There's going to be some muttering around the club after that...

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Just back from pleasington after playing in a team open. We were clubhouse leaders when we left with 88 points, six points better than second. (Best 2 from 4 stableford)

One of those days where we dovetailed really well, no more than one of us out of any hole kind of job off handicaps of 5, and two 12 and a 13 so no banditry.

I played out every hole as it was fairly slow going and managed to hit my handicap with a triple and 3 doubles so pretty happy with that. Front 9 was possibly the best I've played for a 9 all year but something in my knee went on the 14th and my back started aching from the waiting around.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
August Sunday Medal today. Lovely weather and course in good nick. Gross 79 (inc. a double and a triple 🫣) saw me a couple under my PH. So a nice 70 and a HI cut of 0.2.

Update…and so 6th overall and 1st equal (prob 2nd) in Div 1. Pleasing - and encouraging (no more than that) with Club Champs weekend coming on Sat and Sun (accept little or no chance in actual CC but always got a chance in the Handicap Championship)

Last edited:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Just got back from the Golfmates Golf Day at Chorlton Cum Hardy, myself and the youth getting 40 points in a BB Stableford - nowhere near enough to win anything but had a great day. Course was wet after a downpour this morning but in great condition. 1st time I've played it but I'd definitely go back and have another round.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably should have been resting my injured foot for H4H trip but I couldn't stay away so had a round this morning. Just me and my 13 handicap mate so we had a little match. Standard was very good to begin with - each of us had a birdie (mine was a rare chip-in!) and were 3 over gross after 7 - with me 1 down in the match.

Then hole 8 was hilarious - he sliced his drive out of bounds - I topped mine into the cabbage (haven't done that in a long, long time). He tees up again and tops HIS into the cabbage. I decide I might as well go 3 off the tee.. and slice it. We thought it was in the pond but it just stayed out, could only chip back to the fairway though. He never found his second tee shot and gave up. I hacked it up for a 9 and won the hole. 😆 Then straight back on track with a par at the 9th to go 1 up.

Back nine the lead changed hands a couple of times - annoyingly I lost my only shot hole. Went back into the lead on the 15th which is a massive bogey hole for my mate. Saw it out with fantastic approaches on 17 & 18 to finish par-par and ultimately win it 2 up.

I hit two drives today that felt purer than anything I've hit all year - been working on rotating more to face target through the swing and on these two I did this and middled the strike - they went about 15 yards further than I'm used to. Then I just went back to the usual weak fades. Oh well. 😆 83 gross though, not bad with a random 9 thrown in.

Jason.H

Visit site
A strange round today. First stroke play off the forward yellow tees in a long while. Off the tee I never put a foot wrong. Wedges and short irons never got close. 17 pars and 1 bogey. Countless missed birdie putts but total stress free golf. Finished 3rd in division 1 and won lowest gross.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A strange round today. First stroke play off the forward yellow tees in a long while. Off the tee I never put a foot wrong. Wedges and short irons never got close. 17 pars and 1 bogey. Countless missed birdie putts but total stress free golf. Finished 3rd in division 1 and won lowest gross.
That’s the way to do it…👍

Imurg

Visit site
Another solid but frustrating round...
78 shots, 36 points, 2 birdies, 9 pars but 2 doubles and 5 bogeys.
2 x 360° lipouts and a shot from rough where my 6 iron went straight underneath the ball without touching it....
But another cut, probably to 5.6.
Fragger....well, murmurings of handicap protection despite a 0.3 cut..........:whistle:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Hate this stupid game sometimes

Played at sparrowphart with little chubby bro (see above )

I know my handicap is too high, way too high and I know and he knows the only way to get it down is to play well and go low etc so I need to wallop him a few times.

Front 9 sees me with 21 points (with a blob) (Happy days) but there was no “well played Fragger, keep it up”
Just a “how can I compete when I’m giving you so many shots” type moan

Then the wheels came off and only had 12 on the back for 33. Probably a .3 cut, but nothing significant

So near, yet so far 🤯

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Saturday - club stableford where the best over 60 player wins a Veterans board comp. Continued my recent good play and was on 30pts after 13. Great drive down 14 before pulling my 7-iron left and out of bounds for a blob. 3pts on 15, blob 16, 3pts 17, blob 18 for 36pts total. One bad swing on each of the blob holes cost me a potential winning position (winner was 41pts).

Sunday - open medal at Rugby GC. Not played there before and enjoyed the course which was in great condition. It’s a short layout (5,500 yards, par 68) with seven par 3s. Similar to Saturday was 5 under handicap with 4 to play. A couple of poor holes and I finished on gross 86 (net 66). Only missed out on the best visitor prize on countback.

In general I am striking the ball as well as I ever have done. Just need to stop tightening up and getting too defensive when putting together a good score.

Imurg

Visit site
Hate this stupid game sometimes

Played at sparrowphart with little chubby bro (see above )

I know my handicap is too high, way too high and I know and he knows the only way to get it down is to play well and go low etc so I need to wallop him a few times.

Front 9 sees me with 21 points (with a blob) (Happy days) but there was no “well played Fragger, keep it up”
Just a “how can I compete when I’m giving you so many shots” type moan

Then the wheels came off and only had 12 on the back for 33. Probably a .3 cut, but nothing significant

So near, yet so far 🤯
Such a weak mind... :ROFLMAO: ;)