I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Springveldt

Visit site
Played last night and was terrible. The big left miss came back with avengeance, lost 3 balls in the first 6 holes. Luckily it wasn't a qualifier so no harm done to the handicap (course is having work done and you tee off from the middle of the first fairway). Played the back 9 a little better with only 1 lost ball :( so a costly night really. It's been a while since I lost 4 balls in a round, hopefully will be a while before I do it again.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was bumbling along today, all pretty average stuff, then changed something with my irons.
I was suddenly hitting them better than I have for years and, as a result of suddenly finding the centre of the club face, some of my approaches were long and those that weren't were stopping within three or four feet of where they pitched.
Finished with 38points with three blobs and a birdie on stroke hole 1.
What's not to love about golf ................................................... today?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
After a day off yesterday, I was back on the course today for the final of our 4BBB knockout, I was giving a lot of shots, 14 t o my partner and 11 and 18 to our opponents, I did not play well, I lost all consistency, and really struggled, it looked grim early on when the girl wo was getting a shot a hole was hitting straight and a decent distance, we lost 2 and 3 (2 putt by me on 3) but I did birdie the 4th to pull one back my partner struggled early on but came good and we turned level, I did manage to par the 11th (first par of my round), a nett par from my partner and another par from me on 14 and we found ourselves 2 up, however some poor putting and we lost the next 3 holes to be 1 down on the 18th tee, I managed to hole a 10 footer for par and that left one of our opponents a 6 footer to win the match, she missed and we went to the 19th, a par from me earned a half and on the 20th again one of our opponents had a 5 or 6 footer for the match but missed, so on we went I hit a poor drive on the 21st and couldn't reach the green in regulation one of the other team, ended up with a putt for nett par finishing on the lip of the hole whoc hleft me a 20 foot putt to keep us in the match and it crept in the side of the hole and we went to the 22nd, a par 3, my partner who had looked word out over the last 3 holes parred it and when the opponent with a shot missed their bogey putt we ended up winning the match.

while pleased we won ,my game was generally very poor, such a contract from last week and i don't I think I deserved to be one the winning side.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Seniors sweep yesterday. Started well, 19 points on the front 9, then fell apart on the back 9. 5 blobs, 3 lost balls and a piss poor 7 points.

This seems to be a recurring theme recently. There was a time when I used to play the back 9 better than the front 9, but that's a distant memory.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Pretty solid 77 for 38 points and a return to the 5.something index. Old Boys qualifier today so PCC could move.....yeah right...
Nothing worse than a bogey, 2 birdies and just the single 6.
Some of the pins were brutal - 32 putts with 3 x 3 putts....

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh what could have been. 3 under after 7 holes, but finished 2 over. Oh well, a small cut is better than I was expecting when I started.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played at Mere today in a ladies singles event, I was really pleased how i played, I hit the ball well and my putting was pretty good, the front nine I had 4 pars and a birdie, sadly a couple of near misses cost me 2 double bogies and i did have a 3 putt too but 41 was a decent start, we played at a good pace in nice eather.
on the 11th we caught up with a group who had been playing very slowly and had let some groups through, this coincided with the weather changing and several heavy down pours ,but apart from a bad bounce sideways into a bunker costing me another double I also had 4 more pars including one on a very very wet 17th green.
I have a love hate relationship with the 18th at Mere, it is a par 5 with an uphill drive then a dogleg to the green which juts out into the lake and has a large tree protecting the right hand approach, I hit my 3rd high over the tree but it caught the branches on the way down and dropped by the tree, I had a reasonable lie and a 40 yd shot to the green, I topped it, then I topped it again , then putted from off the green but not very well and 2 more putts later signed for an 8 on the hole, for a 86, nett 76, which was still enough for a small handicap cut but what a rubbish way to end a good round. Happily, even with a par I would have been out of the prizes as there were two low scores in so I didnt feel quite so bad.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Absolutely brutal 87 today. Every iron shot was off the extreme toe and way short, the driver was low, short and hooky. I just could work out what was going on.

When I got home I went over the field with an iron and finally worked it out, early extension. Coming up out of the shot before I get to the ball. I have the Stableford final on Sunday, so it's a day at the range tomorrow working to eliminate the problem.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played the semi final of my work society knockout today, which I am defending champion.

Was 3 down fairly early but managed to turn it round and got to 3 up after 11. Went back down to 1 up but I won the 16th and 17th to take it 3&1.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We had a 6 hole golfer/non-golfer at our place this afternoon/evening. Never played in one before, golfer hits all shots until the green, non-golfer hits the putts. Nothing serious at all, just a good chance to get your families involved. The club was packed afterwards, never seen it so busy. Great to see people having a laugh playing golf.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Played this morning, was like I'd never played golf before 😂

I was 13 over after 9 and had no idea where the ball was going, rallied a little on the back 9 to finish on 30 points which was my goal at the half way point.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Excellent day at Hobson GC, 4bbb courtesy of @Beezerk . I also had the pleasure of playing with @Kraxx68 . I'd not played Hobson before but but it was very enjoyable. Very well stocked pro shop, friendly clubhouse (funky shape), bargain prices in the bar. The course was interesting, the quality of the greens being the stand out. An excellent place to be a member.

Front 9 was iffy, chiropractor for @Beezerk 😄, but a stronger back 9, short irons and putting saved the day, meant I managed to help out in the end. 41 points, very solid 👍.

Miraculously, considering seeing some of the darkest clouds I've ever seen on a golf course, and a spell of rumbling thunder, we barely saw a drop of rain.............until we were in the bar and the heavens opened 😳. Comp ended due to flooded greens. A good day.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Professional's Day today
160 players....Men, Ladies and Juniors
We got wet....and the thunder was all around too.
We could see the cells and they weren't lose enough to mess up the day.
Current Men's leader, of a handicap of 32, has 56 points....I hope he's entered his points instead of score..... :ROFLMAO:
Pretty average display from me...33 points for a steady mid table finish....36 doesn't even get in the top 20.
With that number on the course pace of play was slow...nearly 4 1/2 hours is just too long to be out there and I may not play any more of the big lab events..
The joints just can't cope with it.....we'll see...

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh what could have been. 3 under after 7 holes, but finished 2 over. Oh well, a small cut is better than I was expecting when I started.
After yesterday’s disappointing finish (see above) today was a 36 hole medal at my own course. Morning round was a bad 78 (8 over). I was a combined 7 over on the four par 3’s.😢

Afternoon round was something else entirely. Birdie 3’s at holes 4 and 6 and I was 2 under. I then managed to par the remaining 12 holes for a bogey free round.😁 Came 6th overall.

And we never got wet.

Edit: Two up and downs from green side bunkers. One up and down from thick green side rough. On the last hole had to get up and down for par from about 45 yards 😬. Holed a four footer for the par.

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Professional's Day today
160 players....Men, Ladies and Juniors
We got wet....and the thunder was all around too.
We could see the cells and they weren't lose enough to mess up the day.
Current Men's leader, of a handicap of 32, has 56 points....I hope he's entered his points instead of score..... :ROFLMAO:
Pretty average display from me...33 points for a steady mid table finish....36 doesn't even get in the top 20.
With that number on the course pace of play was slow...nearly 4 1/2 hours is just too long to be out there and I may not play any more of the big lab events..
The joints just can't cope with it.....we'll see...

Are you expecting H4H to be 3 1/2 hours then? 😬

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Excellent day at Hobson GC, 4bbb courtesy of @Beezerk . I also had the pleasure of playing with @Kraxx68 . I'd not played Hobson before but but it was very enjoyable. Very well stocked pro shop, friendly clubhouse (funky shape), bargain prices in the bar. The course was interesting, the quality of the greens being the stand out. An excellent place to be a member.

Front 9 was iffy, chiropractor for @Beezerk 😄, but a stronger back 9, short irons and putting saved the day, meant I managed to help out in the end. 41 points, very solid 👍.

Miraculously, considering seeing some of the darkest clouds I've ever seen on a golf course, and a spell of rumbling thunder, we barely saw a drop of rain.............until we were in the bar and the heavens opened 😳. Comp ended due to flooded greens. A good day.

Glad you enjoyed it mate, I certainly did, great days golfing 👌
Yes quite how we missed the storm I’ll never know 🤣