I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Visit site
I NR'd today in a medal today and it's sort of destroyed my soul.

I've been playing so well that i've even surprised myself really. I'm off 4. Everything has been so automatic that i'm not even practicing - just turn up, play, go home... So I turned up today, flicked a few on the range arrow straight, went onto the putting green and holed out from all over the place...

And then I went +4 through 3, couldn't drive, chip or putt... and then lost both tee shots on the 4th and NR'd.
I think my score will count as an 87, +17? Which is my worst gross score for years.

So much going on between the ears it's actually terrifying.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I NR'd today in a medal today and it's sort of destroyed my soul.

I've been playing so well that i've even surprised myself really. I'm off 4. Everything has been so automatic that i'm not even practicing - just turn up, play, go home... So I turned up today, flicked a few on the range arrow straight, went onto the putting green and holed out from all over the place...

And then I went +4 through 3, couldn't drive, chip or putt... and then lost both tee shots on the 4th and NR'd.
I think my score will count as an 87, +17? Which is my worst gross score for years.

So much going on between the ears it's actually terrifying.

Both myself and the youth are lurching from great golf to terrible golf.

He broke 80 a few weeks back, shot well over 100 today - and he's at Hillside tomorrow - I'm praying he's bringing his 'confident in his own ability game'. I've told him we're there just to experience a belting course, but I know he'll want to play decent, but golf can throw up so much self doubt from just a few miss hits or wayward shots.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Played nine today and feel I'm improving every round. Another day without the shanks. 5 pars 3 bogeys(due to putting) and a double.
I was lucky If I got 5 pars a round last month now I'm expecting to par every hole.

Visit site
Both myself and the youth are lurching from great golf to terrible golf.

He broke 80 a few weeks back, shot well over 100 today - and he's at Hillside tomorrow - I'm praying he's bringing his 'confident in his own ability game'. I've told him we're there just to experience a belting course, but I know he'll want to play decent, but golf can throw up so much self doubt from just a few miss hits or wayward shots.

I have heard nothing but fantastic things about Hillside - enjoy

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Long story short I’m playing like a twerp again atm.

Lesson booked in for tomorrow in the desperate hope of finding something 😂

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Quarter final of the singles matchplay today.

I was going up against a 7 hcp, giving me 9 shots.

I made a solid par on the first to go 1 up but he then won the next 4. I managed to get it back to 1 after 9 but then he birdied 12 and 15 to go 3 up and was essentially 1 under gross for his round.

We went to the 16th where I was getting a shot and needing to win the hole to continue the match. Pulled my driver left, shank thinned my 2nd into a hazard and then completely flunked the 4th to take my hat off and shake his hand....

Maybe next year.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played at Hexham on Sunday with a group from my previous club. Lovely day, course was in great condition, in particular after the rain we have had up here. Hexham is a grand old club, big stone clubhouse, old established trees, some lovely views.

It's also bloomin tough. It's a course for straight drivers and thankfully that's what I did yesterday. Really strong, directionally, off the tee. Let down by my hybrids until I took the decision around the 7th or 8th to stop using them. I went 7 iron instead and bizarrely didn't suffer much. Silly game.

Putting was strong, pace in particular. Anyway, after a wobbly front 9, too many wasted shots using my hybrids, I recovered with a strong back 9 for 31 points. 2 points behind that days leader but in a very decent position for the combined score after today. Onwards to Bellingham 😄.

One thing to note. I played Hexham earlier in the year in an Open. Off the whites, took a mild kicking, happy to get off the course. Yesterday, off the yellows, so much more fun, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Visit site
Satisfied my curiosity and went straight back to Chester-le-Street yesterday. Much better conditions and it helped me to score an acceptable 85. Driving was very good, iron play average and OK with the putter. I now have an idea of how to get round the course which is always handy!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
For the last few games my driver has been misbehaving very badly...tweaked the adjustment to upright and...

Drove like a God today...best I've driven in months, nay, years.......near perfection.

The rest of my game resembled the stuff you dredge up from the bottom of a canal............

Bloody stupid game....

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
First game for a week today. Started well, but then got held up by 3 ladies in front of us on the 3rd. Stuck behind them for a couple of holes, then was surprised but delighted to see them jump from the 5th to the 13th. My delight was short lived when we saw why they had jumped across. 4 ball in front, 2 buggies, going painfully slowly, and with no intention of letting anyone through.

I had a look on BRS, they had started 40-odd minutes before us. When they came off the 7th (assuming they had teed off on time) they had been going for 2 hours and 10 minutes, on track for a 5 hour plus round.

We jumped over from the 7th to the 10th, and never saw another soul. Unfortunately all the waiting and messing about knocked me off my stride and the back 9 was the worst I've played in months. Oh well, tomorrow's another day ...

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Youth played yesterday at Hillside in a Northern Junior Golf Tour event. Few loose drives to the right hurt his score, including a disappointing 8 on the 2nd after starting with a par on the 1st. Pulled it back to 5 over after 6 holes but a couple of double bogeys on 8 and 9 took the momentum away. Incredible course though and we’ll probably look to get him back there on a couple of events next year. 👍

Cracking sossij rolls at the halfway hut - 9/10
https://x.com/lad_golf/status/1693948785519386816?s=46&t=ohmLQATVbQEjZ3yd-oBmxA

Last edited:

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
My run of winnings is continued yesterday with a win in a lancs senior ladies team event at Nelson yesterday, although I didn't contribute that much, just a couple of 3 pointers.
Today was the final of our clubs singles knockout I was just giving 3 shots so was expecting a close game and the start seemed to confirm tha twit hhaoves in par followed by half with bogies, that a half with my par to her net par, but then things took a turn I won the next 2 with bogies after she 3 putted both times, then I three putted the 6th for a half, before winning the 7th with a bogey, she elected to chip from the green rather than hit a long putt so I was 3 up, then things swung again she holed a nice putt for a par to win the 8th then won the 9th win a par after I 3 putted. So 1 up after 9, She won the 10th with a double bogey! all square, I parred the 11th, before we both 3 putted on 12 for 2 double bogies, a net par gave her the 13th and we both parred 14, so all square with 4 to play, a duffed chip and I won the 15th and then a shank into the bunker and I won the 16th both with bogies. The 17th was her last shot hole and after another poor chip from my opponent I got the half I needed to win 2&1.
So not the best golf and it was fair to say that the least worse player won, however the weather wasn't great and we did have a 4 ball of senior men holding us up for 10 holes before they let us through, scant excuse for the poor standard of golf though.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Steady, if unspectacular, round today..a brace of 17 pointers for a miniscule cut.
What did please me was the way I was able to keep loose during an extremely slow back 9...it seems like the entire membership was on that 9 at the same time...
Managed to keep the swing going for a change and only missed 18 points by an unexpectedly mahoosive bounce from an otherwise soft fringe....

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Strange game yesterday. Terrible off the tee, found myself in various forms of trouble from 10 of my 18 tee shots, bad shots were spread equally across driver, 3 wood and hybrid.

However my powers of recovery were tremendous. Didn’t have a card in hand, but made a mixture of pars and bogies from pretty hopeless positions and we won our match 3&2.

Went to the range this morning and drove well, so hopefully will be working ok for tomorrow’s game.

D

Deleted member 15344

Capts Away Day today at Beaconsfield

What a beautiful conditioned course , the whole course was immaculately presented , greens , fairways very high standard

Food and clubhouse very nice

A must visit for anyone in the area

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Capts Away Day today at Beaconsfield

What a beautiful conditioned course , the whole course was immaculately presented , greens , fairways very high standard

Food and clubhouse very nice

A must visit for anyone in the area

My friend is a member there and fingers crossed I’ll get an invite after he’s joined us at Hankley

D

Deleted member 15344

My friend is a member there and fingers crossed I’ll get an invite after he’s joined us at Hankley

It’s lovely mate - such a delightful course to play , not the longest but need to keep it to the fairways - was 1 over today after dropping 2 in the last 4 🤬

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Well I’m in the worst form I’ve been in for a couple of years. The week before 2 rounds with the forum 😂 apologies in advance to my poor suffering PP’s next week - you didn’t deserve this 😂