Hunstanton

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Look at how you respond. Rant rant rant. If you deliver criticism in that manner, no matter how well intended it won’t be paid any attention. Your mind was made up on the place based on some phone calls to even going there.

Hell no. I'm willing to judge the day on my experience of the day itself. And just tell me how the hell you can read minds???????? Especially mine. I have been profiled and I'm a helicopter,apparently, one who hovvers over situations and makes a judgement after watching and evaluating every possible angl. So ner ! And that's what I do to a tea or is it tee. I dunno.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh and also, the committee member said that that the prices were going up next year, LOL, you can imagine what I said to that !!!!. Hell yeah, I didn't hold back Homer!!!!!! I don't hide anymore. If it's not worthy I say so.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Now just to back what I've said up, last post. I wen't to Carnoustie 2 years ago and paid a bluddy fortune for that. Hotel with room over looking the course. Meal in the hotel. The full works. From the moment we walked in we were treated like a King and Queen. The course was amazing and fantastically presented. The food and staff in the hotel were superb. The wine was well I think you get the idea. Now don't get me wrong. Noustie was £150PP at the time and immaculate. But for £90PP, two year later, you'd expect a damn sight more than what we got.

And for all those who poo poo Fleetwood and St Annes V Hunstanton I suggest you go and play these places. THey know how to present a course. Fleetwood, this year, appolgised for their greens in April, as they weren't upo to scratch yet. But I can assure you all they were miles better than HSTN. I will never EVER trust GM and their top 100 again. I will look elsewhere for my reveiws.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Now just to back what I've said up, last post. I wen't to Carnoustie 2 years ago and paid a bluddy fortune for that. Hotel with room over looking the course. Meal in the hotel. The full works. From the moment we walked in we were treated like a King and Queen. The course was amazing and fantastically presented. The food and staff in the hotel were superb. The wine was well I think you get the idea. Now don't get me wrong. Noustie was £150PP at the time and immaculate. But for £90PP, two year later, you'd expect a damn sight more than what we got.

And for all those who poo poo Fleetwood and St Annes V Hunstanton I suggest you go and play these places. THey know how to present a course. Fleetwood, this year, appolgised for their greens in April, as they weren't upo to scratch yet. But I can assure you all they were miles better than HSTN. I will never EVER trust GM and their top 100 again. I will look elsewhere for my reveiws.

And this has nothing to do with the ranking of the course, as has been explained. For a self confessed all seeing helicoptering genius, you aren't half coming across as bloody stupid. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 15344

MINE. Emperors New Clothes syndrome. Open your eyes and see what is in front of you, NOT what you have been told is there.

I have played the course multiple times ( it’s my nearest links ) and the other review is far closer to the truth - it’s also posted respectfully and calmly.
Oh and also, the committee member said that that the prices were going up next year, LOL, you can imagine what I said to that !!!!. Hell yeah, I didn't hold back Homer!!!!!! I don't hide anymore. If it's not worthy I say so.

You seemed to have had a decent “chat” with the committee member so maybe you are “overplaying” going “both barrels” at him

Carnoustie is a different level to Hunstanton- it’s a world class links that hosts the Open , it will be a different experience- it’s also a touch cheaper than the same level of course in England which would about £200 just to play

Never played St Anne’s but heard it’s a good course - Fleetwood on the other hand 😂😂😂😂.

And in what way were the greens “miles” better - the colour ? You have already said the run true and well

Last edited by a moderator:

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Sorry my apologies , I thought it was just crazyface and his wife who went, I never realised so many other forumers were there and are able to recount how things really went down 😂😂

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I think blaming GM for your “bad” experience is a little childish. Hunstanton is up there in any top uk course list not just GM

Not saying that you didn’t enjoy the day, but there have been plenty of other people on here who have played the course and who disagree with your assessment.

It’s a tough barren hellish windy links course, it’s not pretty, but it is what it is.

We get that you won’t be going back, but you are now in danger of repeating yourself and making yourself look a bit silly.

I doubt if anyone would not go there on the strength of your review, in fact quite the opposite, some might go to see if it is as bad as you say.

So you could actually be promoting the course in a perverse way

At what point can we expect to see the immortal words “Rant Over”?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Jeez, the blokes just letting off a bit of steam after shelling out a goodly wedge of cash and not getting the experience he hoped for. The expectations he had might even be unrealistic
(I’ll bet we’ve all done the same about one thing or another, I once sent a Nandos back three times and had a good ol’ moan at the kitchen staff in front of other diners)

Sure CF's a bit ‘ranty’ but none of us are going to change his mind, why would you even try. Does the course have one or two of you on a retainer or something (maybe you've a sister or aunt working behind the counter in the pro shop. If so spit it out because it seems just as weird as the rant itself)

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sorry OP but a lot of any genuine review of the course is lost because of the manner of your post. It just looks and sounds that you had a bad morning and took it to the golf course.

Not saying the course itself wasn’t up to standard or that you haven’t any legitimate points but I can’t take your review as authentic and they are lost given the way it was written.

I wouldn’t pay £90 for a course so I doubt I’ll ever have the Hunstanton experience but your review certainly wouldn’t put me off going at the right price.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Jeez, the blokes just letting off a bit of steam after shelling out a goodly wedge of cash and not getting the experience he hoped for. The expectations he had might even be unrealistic
(I’ll bet we’ve all done the same about one thing or another, I once sent a Nandos back three times and had a good ol’ moan at the kitchen staff in front of other diners)

Sure CF's a bit ‘ranty’ but none of us are going to change his mind, why would you even try. Does the course have one or two of you on a retainer or something (maybe you've a sister or aunt working behind the counter in the pro shop. If so spit it out because it seems just as weird as the rant itself)
Possibly the odd vested interest here and there.....😉

D

Deleted Member 1156

As did crazyface, but his review is somehow worth less?
Maybe something to do with the style in which he posted? Didn't exactly come across as constructive to me but if you are happy to consider it a fair review then crack on.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
You are possibly correct. At least 3 GM course reviewers have responded. People who give up their time and money to review courses so that others can benefit.

Al give up my time to review a course D4S and al even mention if theres tarmac ( which we dont have on our course).