Hunstanton

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
No club should be above constructive criticism and I think there are a lot of customer service improvements that could be made throughout this experience - to ignore feedback like that is an opportunity missed by the Club.

That's not constructive criticism, it's either the prelude to a myocardial infarction or proof of a mental health issue. Frankly it's embarrassing.

D

Deleted member 15344

No club should be above constructive criticism and I think there are a lot of customer service improvements that could be made throughout this experience - to ignore feedback like that is an opportunity missed by the Club.
These clubs though are mainly only interested in looking after their members hence why visitors are mainly kept to a minimum so for them customer services aren’t the main focus - members services will be.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I agree, BUT, his rant wasn't constructive and there weren't any real changes they could make due to them, excpet maybe redo a car park

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree, BUT, his rant wasn't constructive and there weren't any real changes they could make due to them, excpet maybe redo a car park

Not constructive!!!!!? Tell me the last time you've walked down a fairway and seen 30+ newly filled in divots ALL IN ONE AREA????? Only when someone has been out practicing? The Pros were nowhere to be seen. They were not giving lessons! Ladies were faffing on the first tee, when a little nod to us to let us go before them, would have given the ladies rushing about more time to get herself organised. It wasn't about us being let though it was more , I figure, her being pig headed and not willing to allow us to go out in front of her two ball. Green greens? or mottled ones? I've never seen mottled ones, except when the greenstaff are utter poo! But again, I am open to ANYONE explaining why they could be this way and yet be classed as top 100 type greens in August. Hillside didn't have them. Carnoustie even in middle on September. Or Fleetwood in April. Speaking of Fleetwood, ron, get yourself up there and play the place before you dismiss what I say. Fancy dismissing a place before you've even played the course. How the hell do you know? I've played both, so CAN GIVE AN OPINION! I wasn't critisising the place for painting, but saying that the person in question should have said that refurbishment was taking place and it would have been a better idea for us to eat somewhere else. But they didn't. I'm fully aware that links, or in fact any course may have bits that might not look great, but a feature bunker in the middle of the fairway on a "top 100" course, er no. Very poor. I will also add that the fairways were on occasion bereft of some grass. Sprinker heads bluddy everywhere. Maybe if they had turned the things on the grass would get much needed water.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was totally constructive if you break it down to how the customer was managed before he arrives and setting the expectation levels. It’s arrogant to dismiss guests as mild irritation that disrupt the members run of the course and extremely short sighted. Whilst some of the feedback from the OP was personal, it all stemmed from not feeling like a worthwhile customer both before and during the visit - hence not feeling like value for money was given.

D

Deleted member 15344

More fool them
Why ? Their core income and business is their members - they are the ones to look after as a priority , it’s a Members club.

Not constructive!!!!!? Tell me the last time you've walked down a fairway and seen 30+ newly filled in divots ALL IN ONE AREA?????

Yep seen it loads - especially on areas where you expect balls to land

Only when someone has been out practicing? The Pros were nowhere to be seen. They were not giving lessons!

The pro or the assistant will be around somewhere- just because you didn’t see them doesn’t mean they weren’t

Ladies were faffing on the first tee, when a little nod to us to let us go before them, would have given the ladies rushing about more time to get herself organised. It wasn't about us being let though it was more , I figure, her being pig headed and not willing to allow us to go out in front of her two ball.

It’s their course at the end of the day but did you ask if you could nip in front of them in a polite manner ? You made a judgment about them when they just maybe were a bit flustered I expect with this rude angry man staring at them intimidating them

Green greens? or mottled ones? I've never seen mottled ones, except when the greenstaff are utter poo! But again, I am open to ANYONE explaining why they could be this way and yet be classed as top 100 type greens in August. Hillside didn't have them. Carnoustie even in middle on September. Or Fleetwood in April.

What difference does the colour make ? The main thing is they play well

Spoke to my mate he said the greens are running superb at the moment in prep for their big Foursomes Comp coming up

Speaking of Fleetwood, ron, get yourself up there and play the place before you dismiss what I say. Fancy dismissing a place before you've even played the course. How the hell do you know? I've played both, so CAN GIVE AN OPINION!

Played both - Hunstanton is streets ahead of Fleetwood

I wasn't critisising the place for painting, but saying that the person in question should have said that refurbishment was taking place and it would have been a better idea for us to eat somewhere else. But they didn't.

Maybe they didn’t know ?
I'm fully aware that links, or in fact any course may have bits that might not look great, but a feature bunker in the middle of the fairway on a "top 100" course, er no. Very poor. I will also add that the fairways were on occasion bereft of some grass. Sprinker heads bluddy everywhere. Maybe if they had turned the things on the grass would get much needed water.

You don’t want Links courses to be constantly using the sprinkler system - the fairways are supposed to be a bit hard , Sandy and patchy in areas and you do know we had a big drought last year and even this year have had dry spells.

Two guys from our place are playing the big East Anglian Foursomes in two weeks there - one guy plays all the top courses in the UK , they had a practice round last week there - said the course was looking very nice and going to be in great conditions for the Comp

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Phil - I have no idea why you feel the need to defend the Club so vehemently, can’t you see the gaps in the customer service before the OP got there that would have diffused and enhanced the visit. If they don’t want visitors, don’t offer green fees - if you offer fees at the level stated it should be memorable in a good way.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Phil - I have no idea why you feel the need to defend the Club so vehemently, can’t you see the gaps in the customer service before the OP got there that would have diffused and enhanced the visit. If they don’t want visitors, don’t offer green fees - if you offer fees at the level stated it should be memorable in a good way.
We've only got 1 side of the argument, how do we actually know the OP was treated badly on the phone?

D

Deleted member 15344

I have been there many times and it’s been fine , but then I’m there for the golf course not the fluffy customer service , I don’t care what they say to me or how they greet meet me , some clubs like The Grove roll out the red carpet - treat you like a King , give you the full on American customer service - I would go to Hunstanton every day of the week over it. Too me all that does it annoy me and is prob masking the fact the course may not be that great.

When you go to a golf course the only thing for me that matters is the course

And in regards the OP - history on here tells me that he has a great ability of being rude - can only hazard a guess at how he spoke to them.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It doesn’t matter what was said, the fact was the OP wasn’t left with a good experience and wasn’t in the best frame of mind before the visit (whether he should have actually gone is another matter!)

D

Deleted member 15344

It doesn’t matter what was said, the fact was the OP wasn’t left with a good experience and wasn’t in the best frame of mind before the visit (whether he should have actually gone is another matter!)
It does matter if the OP’s manner and attitude contributed to that poor experience-it was always going to be a bad experience imo from the minute they asked him to phone back

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have been there many times and it’s been fine , but then I’m there for the golf course not the fluffy customer service , I don’t care what they say to me or how they greet meet me , some clubs like The Grove roll out the red carpet - treat you like a King , give you the full on American customer service - I would go to Hunstanton every day of the week over it. Too me all that does it annoy me and is prob masking the fact the course may not be that great.

When you go to a golf course the only thing for me that matters is the course

And in regards the OP - history on here tells me that he has a great ability of being rude - can only hazard a guess at how he spoke to them.
Youre confusing offering good service with kissing ass.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It does matter if the OP’s manner and attitude contributed to that poor experience-it was always going to be a bad experience imo from the minute they asked him to phone back
My point exactly!!! Someone trained in good customer service would never ask someone to phone back!

D

Deleted member 1147

I suspect that the OP wasn’t treated as well as he should have been, in his first contact with the club.
But he is now going OTT in his criticism of the course.
Greens don’t have to be verdant green in colour. They should be true & consistent.
Yes certain parts of fairways, particularly on short par 4’s can get ‘busy’ and covered in old divots.
Members’ behaviour has no bearing on ranking or price.

D

Deleted member 15344

My point exactly!!! Someone trained in good customer service would never ask someone to phone back!
Again it all depends on what is happening and how many people are there in the office or pro shop - not every situation is black and white. I have contacted Pro shops before and they have asked me if I don’t mind phoning back in 5 mins - happy to do , it’s not exactly a big issue.

As the OP stated - there was something going on. As long as everything is done politely it shouldn’t ever matter

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sounds like the high horse riding into town. The OP on the other thread said he'd give the club the benefit and clearly the experience didn't match up. As it happens I thought his expectations were way higher than the club could deliver but I think your fanatical support for what the club has done is trying to prove a point