Hunstanton

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Maybe something to do with the style in which he posted? Didn't exactly come across as constructive to me but if you are happy to consider it a fair review then crack on.
It's a standard crazyface post, I think perhaps he doesn't always get into writing quite what he's thinking. I'd encourage him to add the review to the relevant top100 sites.

D

Deleted member 15344

It would just be deleted.
Not if it’s written well and is politely put across

The Top 100 site has a lot of reviews that are negative

If someone writes a negative review will concise points and it’s not just a rant with lots of capital letters then it would be published.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Not if it’s written well and is politely put across

The Top 100 site has a lot of reviews that are negative

If someone writes a negative review will concise points and it’s not just a rant with lots of capital letters then it would be published.

I was referring to the original post, not an edited version.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
As did crazyface, but his review is somehow worth less?
His review was not a review but more of a rant. The welcome is only a small part of the review but I appreciate that this does have a lasting effect and can affect your visit. But let’s be honest, you’re there to play the golf course and not the staff.

I found Hunstanton to be a good, solid golf course which as said previously, takes a few holes to get going.

It is ranked where it is because lots of reviewers have played it and judged it against all the other courses on the list.

Feel free to disagree but I would hope that the OP moderated his style a touch.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just remembered. It was Hunstanton where 3 members walked past when i was on the putting green and they gave me a disgusted look whilst looking at my low ankle socks. 😁😁

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Just remembered. It was Hunstanton where 3 members walked past when i was on the putting green and they gave me a disgusted look whilst looking at my low ankle socks. 😁😁

They used to have a rule where long socks had to be worn with shorts.:rolleyes:

A friend of mine playing in the RAF Champs had to buy some long socks from the pro shop before he was allowed on the course, cost him £8 in 1992

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They used to have a rule where long socks had to be worn with shorts.:rolleyes:

A friend of mine playing in the RAF Champs had to buy some long socks from the pro shop before he was allowed on the course, cost him £8 in 1992
No use on a decent course they insist that socks were manufactured before 1960.

jammag

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I live 20 minutes away from Hunstanton so was intrigued by this review as I’ve never actually played it and it was one course that was in my mind to go and play. Unfortunately I think with the previous thread and expecting a bad day has de-valued the opinion a bit but it’s one of them things us humans do where we have a pre judgement on a lot of things.

I have heard plenty of things about Hunstanton and my understanding is it’s a members course and they don’t really want guests on there. That’s why they put restrictions on of 2 balls and put the fee up quite high. I suppose it’s like a tradesman who doesn’t really want your business so they put a high fee on to put you off but if you choose to go with them then they make a tidy profit.

I don’t know why there greens would be an off colour as they are. I know we have had some hot days round this part of the country and water being put on at the wrong time could cause the issue to be worse than what it is. I know last year during the heat wave the local news done a broadcast from there and the whole course was brown as there wasn’t enough time during the night to water the course and allow it to soak in before the heat become too much and it scorched the course.

Now what I would like to know from the op is more about the course. You have mentioned bad customer service and there’s no excuse for that and there could be many reasons as to why it has happened. However you haven’t mentioned the course other than the greens. It is somewhere that is still on my to do list but I would like to know...

How did you feel the layout of the course was?

Did you feel it was a challenge?

Did the wind affect the course?

What was your favourite hole?

What was your least favourite hole?

Could you tell us more about the course rather than the customer service experienced as this is the bit I’m more interested in?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Anyone else feel we should have a list for the GM Top 100 Socks Suitable for Golf (with shorts)

Title might need a bit of work though but I'll wager getting volunteers to act as sock reviewers will be a doddle

D

Deleted member 21258

You are possibly correct. At least 3 GM course reviewers have responded. People who give up their time and money to review courses so that others can benefit.

Could I ask if as a reviewer(or any of the 3 of you), are you are effectively a 'mystery shopper' or do you book up with the club prior to your visit with them knowing a reviewer is coming at a certain time ?

Do you have to pay for your green fee ?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Could I ask if as a reviewer(or any of the 3 of you), are you are effectively a 'mystery shopper' or do you book up with the club prior to your visit with them knowing a reviewer is coming at a certain time ?

Both. I've booked reviews in advance and also played 'unannounced' as a guest or in opens.

Edit: I'm reviewing 5 courses next week so I'll let you know how I get on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site

I have “mystery shopped” 8 courses already this year for review purposes. However, I have also contacted a few to play as a reviewer.

Luckily for me, I haven’t noticed a major difference as all the clubs have been welcoming and friendly irrespective of knowing I was a reviewer.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I live 20 minutes away from Hunstanton so was intrigued by this review as I’ve never actually played it and it was one course that was in my mind to go and play. Unfortunately I think with the previous thread and expecting a bad day has de-valued the opinion a bit but it’s one of them things us humans do where we have a pre judgement on a lot of things.

I have heard plenty of things about Hunstanton and my understanding is it’s a members course and they don’t really want guests on there. That’s why they put restrictions on of 2 balls and put the fee up quite high. I suppose it’s like a tradesman who doesn’t really want your business so they put a high fee on to put you off but if you choose to go with them then they make a tidy profit.

I don’t know why there greens would be an off colour as they are. I know we have had some hot days round this part of the country and water being put on at the wrong time could cause the issue to be worse than what it is. I know last year during the heat wave the local news done a broadcast from there and the whole course was brown as there wasn’t enough time during the night to water the course and allow it to soak in before the heat become too much and it scorched the course.

Now what I would like to know from the op is more about the course. You have mentioned bad customer service and there’s no excuse for that and there could be many reasons as to why it has happened. However you haven’t mentioned the course other than the greens. It is somewhere that is still on my to do list but I would like to know...

How did you feel the layout of the course was?

Did you feel it was a challenge?

Did the wind affect the course?

What was your favourite hole?

What was your least favourite hole?

Could you tell us more about the course rather than the customer service experienced as this is the bit I’m more interested in?

They used to close the 6th hole on windy days because the balls would be blown off the green.
The 14th is a blind par 3, not great if the group in front don't ring the bell.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
I have “mystery shopped” 8 courses already this year for review purposes. However, I have also contacted a few to play as a reviewer.

Luckily for me, I haven’t noticed a major difference as all the clubs have been welcoming and friendly irrespective of knowing I was a reviewer.
Do You pay full whack?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Anyone else feel we should have a list for the GM Top 100 Socks Suitable for Golf (with shorts)

Title might need a bit of work though but I'll wager getting volunteers to act as sock reviewers will be a doddle
😂😂😂😂 deffo