How to change a light bulb?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
just wanted to say thank you Sir, tiny little sucker thing arrived this morning... plonk plonk twist... new bulb installed.

Only issue I've got now is the bulb I replaced with give off a yellow tinge whereas all the other ones are bright white light. FML :)

Ha ha brilliant, I think it’s a major forum high point of the year 🤣

D

Deleted member 18121

Led bulbs come in different light hues according to the effect you want create sounds like you fitted warm white whereas the others are probably daylight . Also did you check the wattage?

I didn't check, but its fine. Interestingly (or not) the one I took out is a dimmable bulb.... despite there being no dimmer.

D-S

Visit site
When we got a Hive hub with a new boiler I started gradually changing all our bulbs to ‘smart‘ ones. Not only can you get Alexa to switch, all, groups or individual lights on and off individually but they are dimmable and most can change from cool to warm hues too. You can also get motions sensors for hall or landing lights. One of the better home improvements that we have done.

D

Deleted member 18121

When we got a Hive hub with a new boiler I started gradually changing all our bulbs to ‘smart‘ ones. Not only can you get Alexa to switch, all, groups or individual lights on and off individually but they are dimmable and most can change from cool to warm hues too. You can also get motions sensors for hall or landing lights. One of the better home improvements that we have done.

yeah there is a lot of clever stuff about now, but we had motion sensitive lights before on the landing... never again, hated everything being lit up when you're nipping for a wee at night and disturbing the Mrs or the kids.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Led bulbs come in different light hues according to the effect you want create sounds like you fitted warm white whereas the others are probably daylight . Also did you check the wattage?
This. There are a number of different light temperatures and choosing the right one can be a challenge. There are basically three main categories. Cool White, Warm White, and Daylight. Cool white is very bright and, when I fitted it into a kitchen was too stark and cold. I changed them to daylight, which I found best for the kitchen, and it transformed the room. More like the old 50W halogen. I did the same for my stepson and he was amazed at the difference it made in his kitchen. Warm white I think works best in livng rooms, bedrooms, etc. But it's horses for courses.
I do agree though that it would really helpful if there were standard fitting as, when I replaced one in the kitchen in our new house, I found out it was a sealed unit, then had to determine the diameter, the wattage, the temperature, etc, so it didn't look odd when I replaced it.
This might help.
https://www.thelightbulb.co.uk/resources/colour_temperature/

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
yeah there is a lot of clever stuff about now, but we had motion sensitive lights before on the landing... never again, hated everything being lit up when you're nipping for a wee at night and disturbing the Mrs or the kids.
We’ve got Philips Hue everywhere. The landing lights on a sensor come on as a night light (dim and red) so they don’t disturb anyone else.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
It’s not so much the wattage as the K number you need to match.

And also the quality of the LED can have an impact on the colour consistency. Cheap LEDs can say one value, but due to poor production they can vary quite dramatically.