How often would you need to replace.

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Titleist would say that at £130 a wedge.

I play 70-80 rounds a year and change every two years. They still have a bit value at that age and the money goes towards the replacements.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I give them more time to decay by hitting different spots with each swing. I also don't hit very hard like others do. And sometimes I use the front edge instead of the club face.

Basically, I have no idea where 75 rounds come from, and what kind of player gets 75 out of them, what kind of player gets less, and what kind of player can keep them for years.

Hovisbap

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So had a preroll add from Titleist on a Youtube video. They said a wedge should be replaces every 75 rounds. Annoyingly they don't break that down to how many shots have been hit (which I think is sneaky).

How many shots with a wedge would you get with 75 rounds.

How often would you need to replace?

https://www.titleist.co.uk/golf-clubs/wedges/grooves

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I sell satellite dishes and I recommend they should be replaced every 150th episode of Coronation Street

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I manage 2 often 3 rounds a week so I'd be buying two a year. However I've 3 wedges (exc PW) so if I could manage to even the wear (impossible) I could squeeze it out to 18months. I think I'll stick to my current replacement schedule which is when I change my set of clubs which is too often according to SHMBO !

For most of us Club players I suspect the 'degree' of wear on the grooves is the least of our worries. not least because we don't hit the ball as hard as a professional.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
depends on how much you practise too, use our short game area several times a week and its quite a sandy surface so gives lot of wear. recently replaced my wedges pretty much like for like and am using the old ones for long practise sessions

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Just thinking, in the tracking apps for sports like running, I use Strava, they track the milage on each pair of shoes, and they recommend to replace them when they are worn out.

I am not using Game gold or similar, but do they tack shots by club?

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just thinking, in the tracking apps for sports like running, I use Strava, they track the milage on each pair of shoes, and they recommend to replace them when they are worn out.

I am not using Game gold or similar, but do they tack shots by club?

Well cobra have the connect driver. Only a matter of time before your Vokeys text you to remind you to replace them.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't have that problem of replacing wedges, a quick grind and polish followed by sand blasting the face and their like brand new.

£140 on a wedge is day light robbery.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Does that mean you should change your irons every 75 rounds? I tend to change my irons at least once a year, but that's coz I like new shinies and enjoy retail therapy.

I love the bite of a new wedge but find it 'goes off' far quicker than 75 rounds. My sand wedge last way longer than 75 rounds.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ive had my Mizuno MP10 for getting on 7 years and i play a lot. 56 has taken a real battering the last couple of year since my ball striking improved. thinking of changing soon, but in no rush as nothing is taking my fancy.

Pro 's might change them as often as is being recommended, but of course they are not paying for stuff.

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I don't have that problem of replacing wedges, a quick grind and polish followed by sand blasting the face and their like brand new.

£140 on a wedge is day light robbery.

Won't sand blasting the face just take the finish off and reduce the depth of the grooves?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used to change my wedges about a year to 18 months but I no longer use the ones in the bag for practice so have extended it to over two years.

I used to hit around a 1000 balls a week in short game practice which really did wear them out quickly.