• Start date

Will you submit cards outside of Comps and how many

• Total voters

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think I would like to submit more.

Yes it ain’t competition golf but I want to better myself and my HC

Playing with a card in hand still adds some level of pressure to me so I enjoy it tbh.

I’m also (in my potentially deluded head) a significantly better golfer than my 14 hc suggests. It really bugs me tbh.

Mandofred

Visit site
Comps and if I have a decent run going will put in some extras. Better chance of lowering my HC that way. My goals have never been to win comps, always to play as well as I have the ability to.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I don't have a handicap at the moment so would like to think I will submit a card every time I play. I usually bottle it when put under pressure, but hopefully after the first few rounds it will become the norm and the pressure will ease

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't have a handicap at the moment so would like to think I will submit a card every time I play. I usually bottle it when put under pressure, but hopefully after the first few rounds it will become the norm and the pressure will ease

While we’re not playing you could do worse than to pick up a copy of “Zen Golf” by Joseph Parent. Some great advice in there to help you relax and enjoy the excitement of competition, rather than feeling negative pressure from it.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Once I ve been back playing for a few weeks then yes, cards will go in. No point sticking cards in at the start of playing when I haven't swung a club since before Xmas.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’m going to be playing in many club comps, and as every rollup will be one FTP ( for the pot) and I’ll be playing in one or two rollups every week - I don’t think I’ll be needing to think about doing more.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When they talked about the introduction of WHS a lot of the talk was about it being more reflective of your playing ability and it also allows everyone to put a card in anytime they play

So simple question

We will you be submitting cards in for HC outside comps or just carry on playing social golf

Soon as my club let me and they remove the charge, which I believe is going, I will put in most rounds

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I will play in as many comps as I can - now that is controlled by how many others of our group want to play in them and non comp cards will be the same. That is because we meet before the pro shop opens and will wait for it to open for comps. Many won't want to hang on just for us to sign in unless they are like minded. Bear in mind that we haven't been able to get together to discuss it as we would have done normally. They also like to play team games - there are about 20 max turn up.

I've put up to 10 as i will be aiming to get some in.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have a Friday swindle and we will be putting in cards through the WHS when we get back properly. When we first get to play we have already had the email to say social golf only and no swindle competitions spread over a few groups. No competitions either to start with. Like most, will just be glad to get back on the course with mates.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Who can dictate that, and who comes up with these things?

Our normal roll ups are all ready to go, albeit with tee times pre-booked.
I think the committee just want to prevent medal play so that speed of play is kept at a reasonable pace when we first get back out there. However, for all of last year our swindle was run through Whatsap and worked really well.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
No - usually play 2 comps a week thru the season and the odd week 3, so no need for any additional scores.