How many clubs have you been a member of?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

How many clubs have you been a member of?

• Total voters

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
3 for me. Mainly just due to moving house. Although I have now moved further from my current club but I like it better than the clubs closer to me, and I'm happy to travel to it.

Out of interest - how long does it take you to get to your club? I'm interested to find out how far from their club folk will live.

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
3 courses

Porthpean
Carlyon bay
St Austell

Thinking of going back to Carlyon bay though as a better quality course our greens are poor at the moment. As for distance takes 3-5mins to get to the bay. 10-15 for Porthpean and 10-30mins for st Austell all traffic depending.
Reason for moving left Porthpean for a better quality course. Left Carlyon bay as I gave up golf for a little bit due to time and wasn't playing enough to warrant a membership.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Hello to you too :)

Watch out for a very suspect character who frequents this forum, he has a history of grooming people and 'befriending' those that are members of nice clubs.

Goes by the name of richart. He also does a cabaret act as a Leo Sayer impersonator.

Last edited by a moderator:

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Greenock
Swanston (Edinburgh)
North Berwick

Also a member of the Bass Rock golf club which is an old (1873) Artisans club which plays over the West Links but that doesn't really count as separate.

D

Deleted member 1147

3 -
My current club Kedleston (twice),
Allestree a local muni when I was a kid (so I could get more comp's in & reduce my handicap quicker),
and Ashbourne, when I returned to the game, for 5 or 6 years.

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
2 for me

Cheshunt Park, local muni when I was growing up until I was 30
Then my current club Gog Magog followng a 7 year hiatus from golf and a house move.

Thonk only another house move will warrant another change

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
two for me ,Piltdown for 16 years ,one of which when i was a junior.and my current club is Boars head golf centre in crowborough.
i left Piltdown because i gave up playing for 18 years ,have been a full member of Boars for three years and four years as a loyalty member ,which gave me leave to play in club comps and have a h/cap.also cheaper green fees . and another plus was it came with an insurance.
quite possibly will be looking to join Royal Ashdown later this summer,as Boars dosent have enough qualifying comps ,one a month isnt enough.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
5 for me

Garesfield
Newcastle United
City of Newcastle
Westerhope
Goswick

Twice over had 2 memberships running simultaneous
Played plenty golf back then, so felt justified

Struggling to justify 1 right now.........

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
One as a junior prior to a 14 year sabbatical owing to playing either football or cricket at weekends for years. Since picking up the clubs again I've been a member at three clubs. Currently considering moving on again owing to the woeful condition of our place.

D

Deleted Member 1156

That made me chuckle.

You haven't played West Sussex then yet Gordon :D

I notice its a Hotchkin design so I wonder if we get any deals there?

I have Glyn, many times. It's one of Hayling's reciprocals, fantastic golf course I love it :thup: