How many clubs have you been a member of?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

How many clubs have you been a member of?

• Total voters
D

Deleted Member 1156

Just curious to know. Are you a lifelong member at one place or moved around due to jobs etc?

D

Deleted Member 1156

8 for me

Gourock
Southampton
Hamptworth
Bramshott Hill
Hockley
Broadstone (current)
Queens Park
Hayling (current)

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Two for me ... joined the first one because it was pretty much the only golf course around. Then, when I moved back to my home town, I joined the one where my parents have been members for years and my aunt was one of the founding members ... think I would have been shunned and disinherited had I considered any other club in the area ;) It's a very nice course and a friendly and relatively affordable club, though, so no reason to complain.

DCB

Visit site
Three for me. Been at my Club since 1986, so, 30 years this year. Prior to that I had brief spells at two other clubs on the outskirts of the City. In the early 80s you played where you could as club membership was always via a waiting list in those days.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
4 for me. Started with a half year membership at Rutland Water when I first started playing. When I moved house I went to the 9 hole course at Sudbrook Moor for a year then moved to Stoke Rochford. Started to find Stoke too clique and after falling out with the club captain following his use of the captains right to jump the queue I decided to leave and join Belton Park. Where I am is OK but it is still a bit too stuck up and a bit too clique but there are small signs of change (very small but a start). Going to give it one more year to see what happens but no idea what I am going to do after that.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Four - if you include Junior Membership at one (Perthshire)

Glasgow (1976-80) -> Bristol (1984-1996) -> Surrey (2003-present day)

Work-related moves

Last edited:

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
3 for me. Mainly just due to moving house. Although I have now moved further from my current club but I like it better than the clubs closer to me, and I'm happy to travel to it.