Member of 2x clubs?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Alnmouth?
Spot on. There were a lot of people who were members at Foxton and the Village. It worked very well. The Village increased their fees for a spell and they lost a lot of second members. Bad move ☹.

Anyway, wet winters have changed things and numbers have increased again. Apparently the membership is nearly full and I suspect that will be partly down to second club members again. The Foxton / Village combo works very well.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In the past, I've played a lot of Opens as the cheapest way to play new courses but rarely bother now (Seaton Sunday Driver being the exception as such ridiculous value for a top-class course)
For golfing variety I now get involved with Comps organised by the Local Unions. Leeds & District Union have some 16 events, Pairs, 4 man teams + the odd singles playing various local courses for just £20 a man. The Yorkshire Union have at least 12 similar ones for County Members (£40 lifetime membership), again at just £20 a man...... Moortown GC on offer this year. OK... it's 'fastest finger first' when entries open but I find I can usually get in. On top of that, I also get involved in the EngGolf Seniors Series & their Captains events which are generally on top courses....... a bit more cost involved but a chance to get through to a, all paid for, National Final at Woodhall Spa. Last year I got through the Captains & had 2 rounds & 2 nights at Woodhall..... EG respects their Club Captains. (y)
I couldn't manage a 2nd Club & the cost of all this is about the same as joining one. OK there are further travel costs & the odd stayover but I found it suits me & provides very well-organized & vetted competition

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Spot on. There were a lot of people who were members at Foxton and the Village. It worked very well. The Village increased their fees for a spell and they lost a lot of second members. Bad move ☹.

Anyway, wet winters have changed things and numbers have increased again. Apparently the membership is nearly full and I suspect that will be partly down to second club members again. The Foxton / Village combo works very well.
Is it true you can play 18 by playing two separate sets of 9 tees there?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it true you can play 18 by playing two separate sets of 9 tees there?
Yes. Some tees are closer than others but there are 18 different tees. They aren't radically different placements, there simply isn't the space, but they have made an effort.

It's a fun course to play, excellent greens, some lovely views, a proper links course.

sunshine

Visit site
Personally, I would go for quality over quantity. I wouldn’t get bored playing a top course over and over again. Worth the extra money for me.

Alternatively, joining a club with two courses is a good option. Choice plus one clubhouse. Even better if they are both cracking courses. Sunningdale fits the requirements 👍😀