How is your club dealing with Covid Tiers restrictions and food/beverage operations

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Morning all
know this has been touched on elsewhere but I'm after a bit of focused feedback on from folk on how their clubs are dealing with the restrictions post lockdown 2 and Scotland/Wales/Ireland national variations of it with regards your foot and catering/bar options
Are they open or closed?
If open what are the options and whats the take up like from golfers
If closed what are the reasons being given and any time frame on reopening?
thanks in advance

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Currently the bar and restaurant is closed

This is mainly down to the restrictions making it not financially viable to open up

At the weekend the committee manned the halfway hut and gave free tea and coffee plus mince pies as well as canvassing the members to see what facilities they would use whilst we are in Tier 2

I suspect from the results we will look to have the halfway hut open at the weekend serving hot food and drinks .

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No food or beverage from the clubhouse whatsoever at the moment.

no time frame for allowing it, but believe it is next year at the earliest before re-opening

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
(In Wales) Clubhouse Open, but no alcohol is allowed to be sold. Full menu, but not booze. Clearly the alcohol ban is aimed at the hoards of folk out on the booze in Cardiff and Swansea, so sensible...shame it also applies to the "one pint only cos I am driving" brigade in the golf club.

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I work in the bar at my club, as based in Northern Ireland the hospitality side of the club (bar/restaurant) has been completely closed since 27th November. Pro shop and locker room is open but rest of clubhouse all closed. We are due to reopen the bar this Friday but have a lot of protocols to follow regarding safety i.e: masks, no-one allowed to come to bar, card payment only, 2 households per table, limited numbers etc. I have been given my hours for the next couple of weeks and we are expecting it to be really busy between now and Xmas.

D

Deleted member 21258

England Clubhouses closed. Think Harlechs is still open.

Half way hut open at one of the england courses.

Havent used a clubhouse or halfway hut since March, even when I have wanted to and could.:(

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Worcester Club

Clubhouse and bar open - you must order substantial food to have an alcoholic drink, once food is finished you cant order any more drinks either! Households on tables inside, or rule of 6 outside if you can brave the cold!

Limited menu too but I think thats more due to it being week 1 open again and stocks were low!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Tier 2, clubhouse fully open but with lots of restrictions. Inside it's single person per table or same household. Outside up to tables of 4 (or 6? Whatever the rule is) but it's a bit chilly to sit out. Alcohol only with a meal, showers obviously closed.
Pro shop and halfway house open.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
  • Facemasks to be worn and SD practiced at all times in clubhouse and Pro shop except when seated when consuming food and/or drink
  • A large marquee/gazebo with patio heaters has been set up on the patio
  • Table service only, both inside and on the patio
  • Within the Clubhouse, tables are limited to one household only.
  • On the patio, tables of four will be available and can be formed by a mixture of households.
  • Inside and on the patio, alcohol can only be served as an accompaniment to a substantial meal.
  • Our interpretation of a substantial meal includes; a small Pizza for one, A large pizza for two, jacket potato and salad garnish, baguette/sandwich & fries, chilli & rice etc. We will review our specials in line with latest information and member feedback.
  • The halfway hut can operate on a take away basis, as it has throughout the summer

Last edited:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tier 2,

clubhouse fully open but with lots of restrictions.

Inside it's single person per table or same household. Outside up to tables of 4 and alcohol only with a meal, showers obviously closed.
Pro shop open.

In fairness they have invested in a really solid structure gazebo with heat lamps which has proven quite popular.

D

Deleted member 1147

Tier 3, so Takeaway only
Including Sunday lunch, pies and lasagne etc and beers.
Phone the kitchen on the 7th if we want a bacon cob and coffee at the turn.

D

Deleted member 16999

Tier 3

Club doing a Takeaway service, all food booked in advance, collect on arrival through hatch.

Clubhouse/Bar closed.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am on the mailing list of my old club still so can see their measures. We are in tier 3 so clubhouse closed but they have opened a temp half way hut for takeaway food. Other than that, course is open as normal.

I am still confused as to the travelling for golf question. My mum's club is in Tier 2 but all of the surrounding area is Tier 3. They have no restrictions on tier 3 members playing. Is that correct, I always understood that moving between tiers should be minimal and for essential purposes only. How are other Tier 2 clubs dealing with it?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
everything is open with some restrictions. 2 per table and some food during the week, but full catering at weekends, i think the bar is open, but not sure what the restrictions are as i never drink at the club as i always have to drive there ...tier 1 scotland