National Golf Restrictions - how can England be open and Wales closed?

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Anglesey, Conwy and Gwynedd have three of the lowest rates in Wales but are classed the same as the areas in South Wales that have about 7 of the top 10 highest rates in the UK. Hopefully, in 3 weeks time, this is going to be reviewed and each area assessed on its own merits. I have been told that you will only go down one tier at a time, not sure if this is accurate or not. If we get to go to tier 3, at least the course will be open even if the clubhouse isn't.
I live near the coast in an area that has had a low rate but is increasing. As soon as lockdown was muted the area got very busy and many second homes were occupied. A relative manages a holiday letting business and they are fully booked.

Thus the geographic boundries are irrelevant if people do what they want without any sanction.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I live near the coast in an area that has had a low rate but is increasing. As soon as lockdown was muted the area got very busy and many second homes were occupied. A relative manages a holiday letting business and they are fully booked.

Thus the geographic boundries are irrelevant if people do what they want without any sanction.

Just like the Lancashire MP who removed himself from his constituents and fled to his second home in Anglesey during the first lockdown!

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site

What do people think of this? I can understand how it would annoy permanent residents of a sleepy seaside town, but wouldn't you do the same if you had that second home? I can see both sides of this.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Marquis of Bute and 5 other family members charged by police of breaking Covid laws by driving from London to Bute.
So no, they do not get away with it [well some of them anyway]

Re OP.....perhaps the Welsh government are more concerned with the health of their people and have the balls to make unpopular decisions.

Last edited: