How is your club dealing with Covid Tiers restrictions and food/beverage operations

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tier 2

Lounge and dining room closed. Takeaway drinks and a restricted menu for for food as a takeaway through a 'hatch'

We are starting a meal service this weekend pre booked customers only and must be in the same bubble.

All other area of the clubhouse open except for the showers

Masks to be worn in all areas.

Proshop open, driving range open

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tier 3. Clubhouse etc all closed. Catering doing an excellent take-away service in evening and Sunday Lunch. Also 'Ready to Cook' and frozen meals. His business is booming.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have a large catering wagon similar to those on film and TV sets. You place your order and then wait at the bottom of the steps, so easy to socially distance and go back up when the order is cooked. The chef takes your card number and enters it into the till to debit your club account so no money changes hands and everyone happy. Both the pro shop and the catering wagon do coffee for those wanting a hot drink

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Clubhouse is open tier 2
Bar/restaurant closed (was open in tier 1)
Patio orders of up to 6 per table allowed using your app to order food

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Club house is closed halfway hut is open on comp days. Pro shop is open, when the club house opens will be with restrictions, before catering is fully open you can order takeaways to collect and consume off the course, lots of people use this service when available.

D

Deleted member 3432

Pro shop is open, don't know about the rest due to the fact I am a car park golfer :ROFLMAO:

CholeBur

Visit site
Hey, guys. The golf club in my city is open, only with restrictions. It is certainly sad, but it's good that she's not closed at all. Naturally, this is a certain number of people at one time, disinfection, etc. As for food and drinks, it is forbidden and of course there is nothing there. This is very inconvenient, because I spend a lot of time in the club and during this time, of course, I will want to eat or drink. One day, the guys from the golf club and I just decided to order a NYFTA food truck. The truck came over, and we all ate and the food was great.

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Everything closed. Pro shop only open for click and collect. Caterer hasn't even bothered to open his van in the car park as he did earlier in the year. Personally I think he'd have made some good money on hot drinks/food as we have tee times front and back nine from 8.00 to 2.24 which are mostly fully booked and with the cold weather. Clearly he thought differently

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My new club sent an email saying they've stopped roll-ups - online booking only if you want a tee time. I've no idea if they are checking that you're from the correct tier, but then I think all the surrounding areas are tier 4 here anyway so probably not an issue.

The bar is shut obviously, and the pro shop was just a window so you couldn't actually go inside.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No clubhouse or 1/2 way house. However, groups of people gathering in the car parks with boot bars :unsure: and those will be the ones moaning when the club gets shut down after a fine. We've had an email about doing this as the council have been to give warning.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No clubhouse or 1/2 way house. However, groups of people gathering in the car parks with boot bars :unsure: and those will be the ones moaning when the club gets shut down after a fine. We've had an email about doing this as the council have been to give warning.
A club near to me has people doing the same. Very, very annoying, more than that, but they are getting away with it ?.

My own club, I'm relieved to say, has been very feisty about telling people not to do anything like this.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Gutted... I live in tier 4 and club is in tier 3 (10 mins away) . Only open to members who live in tier 3 (or it will be when the snow disappears). They are checking members addresses as well when you book a tee time.

I get that it's the rules and all that... Just a bit gutted

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Tier 4 here.

Clubhouse and catering, including our halfway house, have been shut since the beginning of November. Anyone caught having a cheeky beer in the car park runs the risk of having their membership terminated.

We are nine holes only in the requisite 2-balls. We are booking into the usual four slots via BRS, with all four filled, and the club are allocating two to the front and two to the back. Generally working really well, but there are still some who are trying to continue from the 9th green to the 10th tee, both of which are out of sight of the clubhouse.

I had my first enforced nine holes this morning and enjoyed the beautiful weather - ironically the best we’ve had on a Saturday morning in weeks. And just when I actually wanted nine holes to last two hours, we were round in a shade under eighty minutes. So home before my eldest had even dragged himself out of bed.

Very impressed with the way the club are managing things, and hope the minority who will always try and take the mick are swiftly and robustly dealt with.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
T 3 ...... Pro shop & driving Range open as is the Half-way house for food & bottles. Bit breezy but plenty of room around there but bearable for a bit of 'normality'

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had been working well until New Years Eve when someone had a positive test that had been in the clubhouse (either the office or the toilets as that is all that's open) so the clubhouse closed for a deep clean. Back open now and the culprit outed within our whatsapp group (yes they are on it) and given suitable abuse. Booking working well, course drying but annoying when you are playing well as I've done the last few days and you can't carry on round and see what you could have scored