How far do you travel? And how far would you travel?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
8 miles and 15 minutes to my home course. I actually drive past a really nice course (3 miles from my house) to get to my home course but it's for the usual reasons. I'm not native to this area and don't know a single person at the closer course and I've been at my current course for 5 years so know quite a few faces, even if it's just to have a pint with after a round.

I'd guess Close House is the best course in the area, around 35 minutes drive for me. I don't get to play enough golf to justify the price of that though. Being out the house for nearly 6 hours in total on a Saturday is enough, couldn't throw an extra 40 minutes onto that for travelling and depending on traffic could be more.

Where do you play at? I'd say Close House is maybe 15 minutes away from me but waaay to expensive to consider joining.

Springveldt

Visit site
Where do you play at? I'd say Close House is maybe 15 minutes away from me but waaay to expensive to consider joining.
Arcot Hall. Yeah, last time I looked Close House had an offer on and I think it was around £2400 for the year, no idea how much it is now. Considering I can normally only get out for a round on Saturday and next to no practice, I'd need to be mental to pay that.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Arcot Hall. Yeah, last time I looked Close House had an offer on and I think it was around £2400 for the year, no idea how much it is now. Considering I can normally only get out for a round on Saturday and next to no practice, I'd need to be mental to pay that.

Never played Arcot Hall, time for a NE mini meet methinks ?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If it's at Arcot then best to wait for the summer. :) It doesn't drain that well, although to be fair they have put a lot of effort in the last few years and it has improved.

I've also been there 5 years and the drainage has improved massively. It absolutely chucked it down Tuesday and Wednesday, played it yesterday and today, other than a couple of wet patches near the burn on the 5th, you wouldn't have known it had been raining.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

It's £192 a month for full membership, so still £2400 per annum. They do a Filly membership which is a lot cheaper (£66 per month), but you are restricted to The Filly (obviously), and can't play Saturday morning or Sunday morning which I guess would be a killer for you.