Too Far, or Too Long

Mandofred

Visit site
The 2 courses I was a member at last year were 20+25min each way if the traffic was ok. Too far....got tired of it. Now it's about 7-8min. The 2 reciprocal courses we play at a number of times each year are 30min each way.....that's as far as I'm will to go "once in a while". The Seniors were desperate last summer and needed somebody to go to Saltburn so I filled in.....1:15?...way too far unless somebody was desperate...which they were.

Teebs

Visit site
Home club is 25 mins door to door. Even the closer clubs for me are 10 to 15 mins so I don't mind the additional time.
Would rather spend another 10 mins in the car to enjoy the round of Golf & facilities than save that time and play somewhere rubbish.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
My home course is about 20 mins away but can take longer depending on traffic or roadworks. That's about as far as I'd feel comfortable with given most of my rounds are last minute evening affairs.

A few in our regular group are considering moving to somewhere closer and I'm tempted as well tbh. Obviously the only one who is really opposed is the one who lives 3 mins from the current course ?.

sunshine

Visit site
How far do you think is too far, and how far would you be prepared to travel to play a premium course?

Monterey peninsula is probably the furthest I’d travel just to play a premium course.

I’d like to play the sand belt courses in Australia but think it’s a bit far for a golf holiday. Would have to take the family.

A group from my club went on a golf holiday to Thailand.

Not sure why everyone is posting the distance to their home club, that wasn’t the question ?‍♂️