Distance from your home course

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’m about 9 miles from ours, or a 20 minute drive. I live about a 4 iron from the 2nd green of a course in our village.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
About 9 miles and 20 mins, used to be able to get there quicker but they changed the speed limit and put average speed cameras in. Getting there during school times is a nightmare as i have to go past 3 primary schools and 2 high schools - I've not made that mistake often.

There are 5 courses nearer distance wise but they aren't as good and/or are more susceptible to rush hour traffic.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Under 3miles and less than 5mins…have been tempted in the past by 25mins to Blackmoor. When thinking of moving to Glasgow was considering 45min drive to the Ayrshire coast clubs.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine is about 6 minutes drive. I love being able to pop down for a bit of putting practice or what-have-you, and not having to get up in the middle of the night if I have an 8am tee time.

Ideally I would never want to be more than 25 minutes drive away from my home club, as I think that would start to lessen the opportunities for evening rounds in Summer, and things like that. This might be a bridge I have to cross at some point though as we'll be needing to move house if we have a second child, and that move will be a little further north than we are now. I could probably bear half an hour or so but more than 40 and I'd be looking for a new club potentially.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
About 15 mins drive.
But also it's a short walk from the railway station one stop towards London from mine, so I can bike/train/bike it in 15 minutes as well. Also can stop off on the way home from work.
The convenience of access is really important to get the most out of my membership.

Swango1980

Visit site
From home, 15.7 miles, journey 28-35 minutes on a weekend morning

A bit shorter from work, but about the same time to get there at around 4-5pm on a weekday evening

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Approx 12 miles away - about 25 mins on Saturday morning. It is a bit further than I would like but I like the club & the people. There are closer options but one had a 2 year wait list & the other had no tee booking system, which doesn't suit me

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
4.5 miles by car - but all through south London so time depends on when you go. About 15 min on a weekend morning but could be 45min to an hour if you go at a busy time. But I tend to go on the bus then walk through the woods so about 35mins.
Hope you've got a locker at the club 😉

Grizzly

Visit site
20 minutes on the tube, no idea as the Crow flies.

Note, I ought to say 20 minutes on a good day. Not so many of them of late.