How are you practicing during lockdown??

D

Deleted member 25172

Mine came very quick too mate

11 months is a long time to wait ???

Being serious, I caved and ordered.
Cheers @MendieGK ?

Did any of you get any tracking links from them when it was on it's way?

I've only received an email on Tuesday saying that my order is "Complete", which I assume is that they've only packed it their side, cause it hasn't arrived here. But no tracking link.

UPDATE: And 10 min after posting this I received a text from DHL about delivery of my parcel. Timing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A new aspect of my training has been introduced. My wife releases my 8yr old son from home schooling as soon as I am in the garden. He then proceeds to talk non stop for the duration of my net session and virtual round.
I am learning how to dip in and out and close down and concentrate on the shot on hand. Plus I am learning about zombie villagers, creepers, bows with knock back on etc .. fingers crossed my head doesn’t explode!

tomshanks

Hacker
Visit site
I bought a net during the last lockdown which saw a fair bit of use first time around. Like a few others have mentioned you don't get very good feedback on ball flight etc. Seems I had ingrained a slice that took me weeks to get back under control once golf was resumed.

This time I'm concentrating on fitness with the Fit for Golf App.

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A new aspect of my training has been introduced. My wife releases my 8yr old son from home schooling as soon as I am in the garden. He then proceeds to talk non stop for the duration of my net session and virtual round.
I am learning how to dip in and out and close down and concentrate on the shot on hand. Plus I am learning about zombie villagers, creepers, bows with knock back on etc .. fingers crossed my head doesn’t explode!

Build a virtual golf course on minecraft to practise course management and creative thinking!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Build a virtual golf course on minecraft to practise course management and creative thinking!
It will end up with him chasing me around and hitting me with a diamond sword with every enchantment on .. usually teleports to me and hits me ☹️ ... must get this violence from his mother, I am a gentle person from head to toe.

D

Deleted member 25172

LOL. Was so excited to get the Speed Stick delivered to day, and the company gave DHL the WRONG delivery address, so it's been delivered - just not to me. :mad:

D

Deleted member 25172

LOL. Was so excited to get the Speed Stick delivered to day, and the company gave DHL the WRONG delivery address, so it's been delivered - just not to me. :mad:

Update!

The company put my address down as 1364 to DHL, rather than 1346...

The lady in her 60s living there didn’t have a clue what a speed stick was so she happily complied and handed the package over to the rightful owner.

First session done. Felt a bit short but when you think about it it’s 51 full out swings, so probably more than enough.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
When did you order? I ordered Wednesday, and aside from my PayPal confirmation I've heard nothing.

D

Deleted member 25172

When did you order? I ordered Wednesday, and aside from my PayPal confirmation I've heard nothing.

Ordered Monday, received the PayPal confirmation directly and then a "order complete" on Tuesday and DHL text yesterday. Guess you should receive the order complete email today or Monday am at latest. Otherwise I'd call them up. I did it yesterday when I was chasing my parcel and the guy answered directly and seemed to be easy to deal with.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Ordered Monday, received the PayPal confirmation directly and then a "order complete" on Tuesday and DHL text yesterday. Guess you should receive the order complete email today or Monday am at latest. Otherwise I'd call them up. I did it yesterday when I was chasing my parcel and the guy answered directly and seemed to be easy to deal with.
Yeah I got that this afternoon, fingers crossed the net arrives this weekend, and then the sticks arrive next week.

Mockba

Visit site
Does anyone know of any ways to make using the hitting net a bit more interesting (games etc)? I’ve started putting alignment sticks in front to use as a target and I use dry shampoo on the club face to check my ball striking but any of tips (to ensure the practice is beneficial) or games (to make practice more interesting) would be appreciated please, thanks.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Short but good gym session today.

Started the now obligatory back stretches (I HATE STRETCHING ??), followed by sets of squats, which although I also hate, I strangely quite like as I know they are much needed.

A few minutes more leg and back stretching, which I hated, followed by a 5km walk/run/walk/sprint/walk /run etc etc....which I hated from the first to the last step.

Can only be good for golf ⛳... I hope ??‍♂️?

Really good stretch routine IMO. I use it daily.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Does anyone know of any ways to make using the hitting net a bit more interesting (games etc)? I’ve started putting alignment sticks in front to use as a target and I use dry shampoo on the club face to check my ball striking but any of tips (to ensure the practice is beneficial) or games (to make practice more interesting) would be appreciated please, thanks.
Not sure how much you can do hitting a ball 5-10 yards into a net. The alignment sticks to ensure a good start line (although no guarantee of a straight shot) is reasonable. At the moment I am just trying to focus on strike and making a good turn back and through

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
There is a strike mat thingy advertised on youtube. It's brushed felt, and the strike mark left on the mat shows club path, and if you hit it thin, or fat. Looks useful. It won't tell you what the face to path relationship is though.

D

Deleted member 21445

In January 2020 when Coronavirus wasn't anything more than a rumour on the other side of the world I decided to put a golf simulator with launch monitor in my garage.
Turned out to be the best and luckiest thing i ever did because it has enabled me to really do productive practice in lockdown.

Attachments

• SIM ROOM.jpg
    SIM ROOM.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 21