How are you practicing during lockdown??

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What’s it like? is It strong enough to hit the driver into?
Yes it is, my neighbour who is a young lad got one first and set it up in my front garden so I could try it when I was isolating. He has a driver head speed around 115mph ish and it was containing him. I don’t have that speed so I am not stressing it.
You have to be close to it, or you might hit a wedge over the top of it.
My 8 year old son has missed it with a real golf ball, which was heart stoppingly funny. Nothing was damaged.
Also my neighbour sent me a video of him topping one and hitting the lower beam, which was hysterical as the ball shot up vertically and he is looking wildly around for it. He then stops and listens doesn’t hear any breaking noises and nonchalantly restarts smashing his 3 iron.
You do need to get a mat as well .. might need one for your feet.
I move mine around my garden but always try to make sure that if one gets through it’s got a clear path to a wall or bush.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes it is, my neighbour who is a young lad got one first and set it up in my front garden so I could try it when I was isolating. He has a driver head speed around 115mph ish and it was containing him. I don’t have that speed so I am not stressing it.
You have to be close to it, or you might hit a wedge over the top of it.
My 8 year old son has missed it with a real golf ball, which was heart stoppingly funny. Nothing was damaged.
Also my neighbour sent me a video of him topping one and hitting the lower beam, which was hysterical as the ball shot up vertically and he is looking wildly around for it. He then stops and listens doesn’t hear any breaking noises and nonchalantly restarts smashing his 3 iron.
You do need to get a mat as well .. might need one for your feet.
I move mine around my garden but always try to make sure that if one gets through it’s got a clear path to a wall or bush.
Thanks, I've just pulled the trigger, should be here later this week! I've already got a mat as I spend ages making my grass beautiful, and then take divots out of it when I get a potential swing thought in my head....

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve been playing as much as I can on PGA Tour 2k21. Driving distance and accuracy has really improved so when the courses open fully I’m hoping to take my form onto the course
It will be too short for you and the fairways might not be as manicured.. my son likes to nail the crowd in TW .. dunno where he gets that from.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I moved the barbell from my garage into my office and set myself a goal to do 10 squats and 10 curls after every WFH Zoom call.

It was going well until yesterday, I'm now 200 reps behind. :ROFLMAO:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Thought I'd mischievously re-visit/re-open the "is golf exercise" debate ???

It focused on playing a round of golf last time, but what about practice? Obviously there are different types of practice, in the cold I'm minded at times to work up a bit of sweat.

Know these things are partly a work of fiction but sharing from tonight...
aviary-image-1610487687440.jpeg

Ants1979

Visit site
Obviously most of us are lockdown and not able to play golf, so I was just wondering how you guys are practicing at the moment? Are you putting in the living room? Hitting into a net? Or even just staring at the clubs and wishing your course was open again?

I'm lucky enough to live very remotely and own a small piece of land so I can hit balls over the field and then I take my 2 small kids and the dog down every couple of days and collect the balls. Can hit anything from a wedge up to a 5 iron, I could hit more but would lose those balls.

Just interested really to see if anyone is doing anything similar?

D

Deleted member 25172

Just broke 5 min per km on my 5k run today, averaging 4min 58sec. personal best with 11 sec shaved off per km.

Thought I was gonna throw up by the end but pulled through!

D

Deleted member 25172

To give you some motivation, you are currently at the same level as this overweight nearly 53 year old ??, sounds like a photo ? finish...

I was in doing a load of stretching, some weights and a 5k run today. One of the machines has a rope handle, I set it up to replicate the golf downswing, good stuff.

Keep working ??

Well that’s embarrassing! ?

Never been a good runner, even when playing football. My old nickname in the football team used to be the ping pong lung as I was always the one who needed to be subbed first.

If I can find a 5k route which is more flat I think I can push myself to 4.30 in the end if I keep this up. The hills are killing me!