How are you practicing during lockdown??

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nothing is more baffling than this post.
I’m tying myself in knots trying to figure out how to hole more putts.

Maybe I should just forget about everything I know about putting

Some of his others are ??
I will happily admit I have a different perspective at times. I am a fairly “normal” person otherwise, just have my own take on things.

Last edited:

Gopher

Club Champion
Banned
Visit site
Ordered Monday, received the PayPal confirmation directly and then a "order complete" on Tuesday and DHL text yesterday. Guess you should receive the order complete email today or Monday am at latest. Otherwise I'd call them up. I did it yesterday when I was chasing my parcel and the guy answered directly and seemed to be easy to deal with.

My speedsticks and PRGR launch monitor did not arrive and the company are not replying to emails. Anybody else had the same problem?

D

Deleted member 25172

My speedsticks and PRGR launch monitor did not arrive and the company are not replying to emails. Anybody else had the same problem?

Have you tried calling them? The guy answered straight away when I called.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well today I hoselled one out past the net, it hit a tree rattled about and then it went quiet. I had a look in our garden and then I looked over the fence. The ball was sat on next doors freshly planted flower bed.
Thankfully no glass or fragile stuff was damaged.
Lesson is get a bit closer and get in the centre of the net, don’t do drills with a ball close by either!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well today I hoselled one out past the net, it hit a tree rattled about and then it went quiet. I had a look in our garden and then I looked over the fence. The ball was sat on next doors freshly planted flower bed.
Thankfully no glass or fragile stuff was damaged.
Lesson is get a bit closer and get in the centre of the net, don’t do drills with a ball close by either!

I've had that fear of the ball missing the net, which would hit the side of the garage. There is a fence at the back of the garden but if it were to miss that it would go over and either hit next doors family room patio doors or could land on the glass roof of their patio veranda. I tend to move the net more right when I start hitting balls again to try and give myself a margin of error

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Well the stuff I ordered yesterday arrived today. Foam balls and wedge out in the lounge to practice contact on half wedge shots. Only using a foam ball doesn’t give much feedback, but the slow mo camera on my new phone gives a really good indication of how I am striking it so I will use that to see how I am getting on. Will have to wait till the weekend to get out in the garden or the local field with the real balls.

Gopher

Club Champion
Banned
Visit site
Have you tried calling them? The guy answered straight away when I called.

I've not received my order and despite emailing the company several times I've not received a reply.

I finally spoke to them on the phone and altough I've not received my order and requested my money back as per their terms and conditions, the operator said the company will not refund me, apparently it;s not their fault that the delivery didn't happen.. even though I paid for delivery.

Not happy.

D

Deleted member 25172

I've not received my order and despite emailing the company several times I've not received a reply.

I finally spoke to them on the phone and altough I've not received my order and requested my money back as per their terms and conditions, the operator said the company will not refund me, apparently it;s not their fault that the delivery didn't happen.. even though I paid for delivery.

Not happy.

What do you mean the delivery didn’t happen? I’m assuming that they sent the parcel with DHL as that is how I received mine, so if it hasn’t been delivered they should at least have the tracking number or you should have received it from DHL.

Gopher

Club Champion
Banned
Visit site
What do you mean the delivery didn’t happen? I’m assuming that they sent the parcel with DHL as that is how I received mine, so if it hasn’t been delivered they should at least have the tracking number or you should have received it from DHL.

The parcel I received from DHL had been opened and the contents removed. I refused the delivery and spoke to DHL who said they would return to sender and the sender could claim from DHL.

In the meantime the sender is refusing to reimburse me, even though I had paid for P&P from them; their website says they will refund within 14 days but they are now not answering emails.

Last edited:

Gopher

Club Champion
Banned
Visit site
Why should the seller have to pay for that?
Surely that's on DHL?

I can't claim from DHL because as per their procedure, they have returned the empty package to the sender, who has paid for their service; DHL will reimburse the sending company for non-delivery.

My only contract is with the sender; I have paid for P&P which has not been fulfilled therefore I am requesting a refund as per their T&Cs.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In the meantime I'd like to know how in between leaving the sender, going through DHL and arriving to me, a little scrote appears to have ripped open my package and removed a £200 PRGR launch monitor. If you see one advertised cheap then be aware.
Be aware because it could get nicked again if it comes by DHL?

Gopher

Club Champion
Banned
Visit site
Be aware because it could get nicked again if it comes by DHL?

Swingspeed trainer and PRGR arrived safely today, the company sent replacements so happy with them, good service.

I've had a quick go on the PRGR and initial readings are that it under reads on both swing speed and distance, that's compared with a GC Quad session I had recently.

Anybody else got feedback on the launch monitor, or how the swingspeed training is going? Looks like we'll have more time to practise sadly :(

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Swingspeed trainer and PRGR arrived safely today, the company sent replacements so happy with them, good service.

I've had a quick go on the PRGR and initial readings are that it under reads on both swing speed and distance, that's compared with a GC Quad session I had recently.

Anybody else got feedback on the launch monitor, or how the swingspeed training is going? Looks like we'll have more time to practise sadly :(
How far out is it ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's about 7-8 mph slow on GC Quad readings recentlly and the carry distance is really low. Maybe I haven't got it set up properly, will try again tomorrow.
Okay, there is a difference in the way and what systems measure. GC quad and track man offer up differences. Not sure whether they are that much different but what is the ball speed your getting?

Gopher

Club Champion
Banned
Visit site
Okay, there is a difference in the way and what systems measure. GC quad and track man offer up differences. Not sure whether they are that much different but what is the ball speed your getting?

To be honest I can't remember! By the time it arrived the light was fading a bit and it was just swings with no ball.. I've read that's ok with PRGR?

I'll have another go tomorrow and see what I get. I understand what you mean about different systems giving different readings though (y)

D

Deleted member 25172

Was about to ask if it had been sorted, so good to read! Didn’t buy the monitor so no idea if my speed has increased. It’ll show once we get back to the course instead!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be honest I can't remember! By the time it arrived the light was fading a bit and it was just swings with no ball.. I've read that's ok with PRGR?

I'll have another go tomorrow and see what I get. I understand what you mean about different systems giving different readings though (y)
See what happens when a ball is involved, the PRGR has had some good reviews. I think distance is pure calculation and there could be a few variables that make themselves evident when you get to high speeds etc .. the G80 goes away on the driver and then the roll out is just a sliding percentage multiplier.