How are you club taking comp bookings since WHS?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We have all our comps on the club website so you can book your pref time slot 2 weeks before the comp and pay the entry fee on the day, it worked pretty well and you could even ring the office and book through them if you don't have Int access whicg some of our olders members who are less Computer savey liked doing

it now appears with the new WHS and the SG app all comps now have to be booked though the SG app and paid to the SG.

whats happening at your club?
Obv this might not apply to English and other home nation golf clubs

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
As a Club we've yet to hold any qualifiers or accept any supplementary cards since WHS came into being.
We locked down for November so nothing happened there
When we came out it was decided, as we were playing 9 only in 2 balls, that cards could wait until better times.
So I've no idea if it will change when we start back again or continue the way we've always done it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Club comps all booked through your clubs ISV - why would you have to book a tee time in a club comp via the Scottish Golf APP ? That seems daft

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My club decided to not run any competitions because some members are prevented from driving to the club due to the covid restrictions in Scotland. Hopefully they will be back on soon.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Club comps all booked through your clubs ISV - why would you have to book a tee time in a club comp via the Scottish Golf APP ? That seems daft
I might be wrong, but in Scorland I understand that the SG App replaces what would be an ISV in England or Wales. Not sure though why that would mean your entry fee went to SG.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
All comps booked into on Howdidido - two time brackets 8-9.12 and 9.12-10.30, random draw from there. You can also call the pro shop for this service if you're not tech savvy (we have a few)

All comp fees taken on the day - card only - the club purchased one of those "here and now" readers purely for managing comp monies etc - seperate to the club account.

Draw is 48hrs before the day of comp - check starting sheet for tee time - play!

The only fault I find with this is, if you dont turn up, there is no penalty. You dont give up your fees, nor gain a handicap increase but you did waste a spot in the comp someone else could have taken who would show up!

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I might be wrong, but in Scorland I understand that the SG App replaces what would be an ISV in England or Wales. Not sure though why that would mean your entry fee went to SG.

As I understand it, there was an option for clubs to use the new Scottish Golf developed system as their new ISV but it's not mandatory, and many clubs up here are still using other ISV's. For example, my club is still using Club V1.

Comps booked via the HDID portal and casual bookings via the Club V1 app as we've discontinued use of BRS.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
As I understand it, there was an option for clubs to use the new Scottish Golf developed system as their new ISV but it's not mandatory, and many clubs up here are still using other ISV's. For example, my club is still using Club V1.

Comps booked via the HDID portal and casual bookings via the Club V1 app as we've discontinued use of BRS.

the booking system we have isn't compatible with the WHS so some functions of comps has to go though the SG app now, seems rediculous TBH, i think we were thinking of moving to HDID , but it hasn't happened ??

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
the booking system we have isn't compatible with the WHS so some functions of comps has to go though the SG app now, seems rediculous TBH, i think we were thinking of moving to HDID , but it hasn't happened ??

We haven't had any WHS qualifiers yet so will be fun when those start up to see what happens.

The club are also having issues with comp bookings on HDID. Not sure what all the package options are but it looks like they don't have enough bandwidth for everyone piling on at 8pm every Friday night to try and book a comp time, the system just freezes and no-one can book.

Caused a riot last weekend...??

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We haven't had any WHS qualifiers yet so will be fun when those start up to see what happens.

The club are also having issues with comp bookings on HDID. Not sure what all the package options are but it looks like they don't have enough bandwidth for everyone piling on at 8pm every Friday night to try and book a comp time, the system just freezes and no-one can book.

Caused a riot last weekend...??
we don;'t have any till the first weeked in April, so the fun will start then, i'd imagine. the monthly medals, sunday stablefords and Wednesday cups should be OK as they are played with a partner of your choive and you book a tee time yourself, but all the big comps is going to be a nightmare

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All our Open comps are on Golf Empire so I guess it is follow the instructions on there.

Members uses a different system. All ours (including member only comps) are done online via IG

Our 1st Open is in June and may be subject to change by the committee and Boris.

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
We have all our comps on the club website so you can book your pref time slot 2 weeks before the comp and pay the entry fee on the day, it worked pretty well and you could even ring the office and book through them if you don't have Int access whicg some of our olders members who are less Computer savey liked doing

it now appears with the new WHS and the SG app all comps now have to be booked though the SG app and paid to the SG.

whats happening at your club?
Obv this might not apply to English and other home nation golf clubs

We have, in my view a crazy procedure, actual competitions are opened on the IG Systems two weeks before and you can enter you're self and two others at the best best time your can get. Monthly Medals/Stablefords have to booked via the tee daily booking system which is opened 7 days in advance for four balls. Why Medals are different I have no idea why the the council decided on this.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i've just had a look at the Kings new website to book the senior open, they have HDIDO, so god help us if nairn do go down that route, spent 10 mins and still none the wiser....:censored: