Club V1

wjemather

Visit site
No idea what Club V1 pop ups says. What are the messages?
The comms covered everything relating to the "enhanced markers scoring" feature. There were also webinars that went through everything in detail. Some of it may be available on YT, but probably just the end user stuff.

As has been said, the HDID app meets the requirements of an electronic scorecard only when this feature is enabled in ClubV1.

When EMS is enabled, the player enters both theirs and their playing partners scores on HDID, certifying them both - players are notified of any discrepancies before the scores are submitted. Otherwise, the player only enters and certifies their own score; they do not enter and certify anyone else's score, nor does anyone enter and certify their score. The difference is obvious.

ClubV1 score entry methods other than HDID with EMS enabled (i.e. PSI touchscreen, HDID without EMS, ClubV1 admin, etc.) provide no marker certification, so do not meet the requirements of an electronic scorecard, and a physical scorecard (or a photo of one) is required to comply with the RoG.

D-S

Visit site
The comms covered everything relating to the "enhanced markers scoring" feature. There were also webinars that went through everything in detail. Some of it may be available on YT, but probably just the end user stuff.

As has been said, the HDID app meets the requirements of an electronic scorecard only when this feature is enabled in ClubV1.

When EMS is enabled, the player enters both theirs and their playing partners scores on HDID, certifying them both - players are notified of any discrepancies before the scores are submitted. Otherwise, the player only enters and certifies their own score; they do not enter and certify anyone else's score, nor does anyone enter and certify their score. The difference is obvious.

ClubV1 score entry methods other than HDID with EMS enabled (i.e. PSI touchscreen, HDID without EMS, ClubV1 admin, etc.) provide no marker certification, so do not meet the requirements of an electronic scorecard, and a physical scorecard (or a photo of one) is required to comply with the RoG.
Is there a logic behind ClubV1 score entry methods not meeting the requirements of an electronic scorecard? especially if this is causing confusion for their end-users/customers.
Maybe a simple message prior to score entry or confirmation saying “please note that you must now submit your physical scorecard” would do the trick wouldn’t it?

Swango1980

Visit site

Well, not used it in ages as I use MyEG. I just remember that when I did use it, I could select a marker. It seemed to be optional, but even when I did do it the marker didn't get a notification.

It seems pretty poor that the Club V1 functionality doesn't automatically make it a legitimate electronic scorecard. Why have a setting that all but works as one wants, except that one extra requirement? It reminds me when a user pre-registered for a GO score, and it gave them an option of qualifying or non qualifying (think non-qualifying was maybe even the default). It was ridiculous, and there were so many members who set it as non-qualifying (presumably as they thought qualifying meant competition) and then didn't understand why their score did not appear on their record.

wjemather

Visit site
Is there a logic behind ClubV1 score entry methods not meeting the requirements of an electronic scorecard? especially if this is causing confusion for their end-users/customers.
Maybe a simple message prior to score entry or confirmation saying “please note that you must now submit your physical scorecard” would do the trick wouldn’t it?
Among other things, a fixed PSI terminal can never function as a scorecard because scores cannot be entered upon completion of each hole; it would also be extremely cumbersome to facilitate marker certification on such devices. Some clubs do not want to use electronic scorecards for various reasons (members lacking necessary technology, lack of sufficiently reliable network coverage, they think it's rubbish, etc.) and would rather have a simple score entry facility with physical scorecards.

Routine processes, such as score entry and scorecard submission procedures, are for the club committee(s) to formulate and communicate to their players. If they do this effectively, players won't be confused about what they should be doing.

wjemather

Visit site
Well, not used it in ages as I use MyEG. I just remember that when I did use it, I could select a marker. It seemed to be optional, but even when I did do it the marker didn't get a notification.

It seems pretty poor that the Club V1 functionality doesn't automatically make it a legitimate electronic scorecard. Why have a setting that all but works as one wants, except that one extra requirement? It reminds me when a user pre-registered for a GO score, and it gave them an option of qualifying or non qualifying (think non-qualifying was maybe even the default). It was ridiculous, and there were so many members who set it as non-qualifying (presumably as they thought qualifying meant competition) and then didn't understand why their score did not appear on their record.
Without EMS enabled, marker selection is for committee information purposes only - helps in checking scorecards. It is optional by default, but can be made a requirement in ClubV1 settings (both for HDID and PSIs).
For lots of reasons, many clubs do not want to use an electronic scorecard; they want to use physical scorecards and have a simple score entry facility.
NQ GP rounds is just another setting in ClubV1 that can be switched on or off.

Swango1980

Visit site
Without EMS enabled, marker selection is for committee information purposes only - helps in checking scorecards. It is optional by default, but can be made a requirement in ClubV1 settings (both for HDID and PSIs).
For lots of reasons, many clubs do not want to use an electronic scorecard; they want to use physical scorecards and have a simple score entry facility.
NQ GP rounds is just another setting in ClubV1 that can be switched on or off.
Yeah. In April 2021 I gave some feedback to them on this. I pointed out that Qualifying was no longer part of the terminology, and explained the issues we were having with members getting confused, and it would be better if any round registered for was considered acceptable by default. I think they actually changed it pretty quickly after that, it was a period where ClubV1 were constantly bug fixing anyway. Although I suspect they didn't change the terminology

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't see this as a deficiency in WHS. Whilst it may be a hole in the ISV implementation, a handicap committee requiring or permitting their members to use the facility should have been aware of the situation.