Help with planning Scotland trip

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In some ways, that would make my life easier! Too much choice isn't a good thing!

I might go with the option of getting over to St Andrews straight away on the Thursday and playing one of the courses and using it to get our bearings.

EDIT: Dukes on a twilight (£40) looks like an option

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
In some ways, that would make my life easier! Too much choice isn't a good thing!

I might go with the option of getting over to St Andrews straight away on the Thursday and playing one of the courses and using it to get our bearings.

EDIT: Dukes on a twilight (£40) looks like an option

Hate to hear that:( all that way and play a parkland course;)

spread some cash and play another local course.... links of course;)

Enjoy

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
A bit late to this but, can I say, if the weather is round, I'm not so sure you'll be so keen to play so many links courses back to back, if it's howling, you'll be wanting a break believe me, something to consider.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I have never met or spoken to a single golfer that has been disappointed with TOC after playing it for the 1st time.

Well I'll add to it. Name me a great hole on St Andrews Old Course please. Teeing off on the first and crossing the Swilken bridge are the highlights of St Andrews.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Well I'll add to it. Name me a great hole on St Andrews Old Course please. Teeing off on the first and crossing the Swilken bridge are the highlights of St Andrews.

Sacrilege, how very dare you criticise the hallowed turf of the home of golf. Everyone knows that every hole on there is fantastic.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

But it's not about course comparisons is it, it's the hallowed course that if you are a golfer and enjoy it's history, it's a must play course in your lifetime.

I'm not looking for eye candy all the way around on such a course, just to be walking in the footsteps of namesakes long gone would give me the shivers, irrelevant of the hole I'm playing, it's about the whole experience of playing it that once, not judging it hole by hole as a playing golfer per se.

Sacrilege, how very dare you criticise the hallowed turf of the home of golf. Everyone knows that every hole on there is fantastic.

Nobody has said that every hole is fantastic, that's just a stupid comment in an attempt to restore your negative comment stating that we'd be disappointed other than a couple of obvious holes, which many have disagreed with, and rightly so.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
That's 3 on the trot fishy you've trolled me now, you planning on following me on every post I make ? Looking forward to it if you are :thup:

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can’t contribute positively to this thread as I’ve never played in bonnie Scotchland.....but is it wrong to say if I was going I’d favour the west coast over the east? I’ve a hankering for a Troon/turnburry double header

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Can’t contribute positively to this thread as I’ve never played in bonnie Scotchland.....but is it wrong to say if I was going I’d favour the west coast over the east? I’ve a hankering for a Troon/turnburry double header

The West gets worse weather, something to consider, the East probably has a greater concentration of championship courses compared to the West.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
The West gets worse weather, something to consider, the East probably has a greater concentration of championship courses compared to the West.
Its in the plan to play up there at some stage soon. I reckon I’d be spoilt for choice. I also fancy kings barns, Carnoustie, North Berwick....too much choice. I’m not fussed about the old course, it looks like a pitch & putt ;) & ive heard muirfield is over rated, it’s really flat apparently?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
That's 3 on the trot fishy you've trolled me now, you planning on following me on every post I make ? Looking forward to it if you are :thup:

You can get tablets for paranoia, I’m posting all over and my posts are factual and in the context of the topics, run to the mods if you want, or have you already ?

D

Deleted member 15344

I believe the West can get a bit of the better weather with the gulstream or is it Gulf Stream ? But it brings the nice warmer weather at times - as opposed to the bitter North Sea wind from Scandinavia. Just what I noticed when living in Peterhead and then in Benbecula

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You can get tablets for paranoia, I’m posting all over and my posts are factual and in the context of the topics, run to the mods if you want, or have you already ?

Oh I'm fairly sure you've sucked up to them to see you alright