Head covers - Woods not Irons!

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Don't you play at Seaton?
Thought so. I played there a couple of weeks ago, no wind:eek: and a bit of sunshine.
The course was nice, it's not my favourite, but I enjoyed it.
Obviously I had to put my plus fours and tie on to go for a drink in the bar, but it was quaint ;)

Reactions: Zig

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
For my 30th my brother got this made up for me:

IMG-20230415-084544.jpg

It's my DJ logo that was custom designed for me. Bit worn now (8 years old) so might look to get it redone soon.

sunshine

Visit site
I just need some sort of US patriot to offer me some money for the bag (it's the one below) and matching head covers. Then I can go back to being normal again! :) I don't even know why I thought Stars and Stripes was a good idea... I was looking at vessel golf stuff at the time and wanted something classy with little branding! 🤷‍♂️

tifxk4gdky8h9pghscos.jpg
Do you also have a US flag flying outside your house?

Reactions: Zig

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I do not have anything fancy but I do two things when it comes to head covers fit ones with long knitted 'socks' for better protection of the graphite shafts.
Sell the ones the modern clubs come with on Ebay.

I do not like advertising what is in the bag to potential opportunist thieves so my head covers generally look old and well worn.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I do not have anything fancy but I do two things when it comes to head covers fit ones with long knitted 'socks' for better protection of the graphite shafts.

I do not like advertising what is in the bag to potential opportunist thieves so my head covers generally look old and well worn.
sock headcovers.jpg

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I've got quite a few but to get them together for a photograph would be a bit of a task, here's a few from memory and I have managed to find some old pictures to help illustrate.

Many vinyl in ones various colours
Quite a few numbered leather ones in not so many colours
Titleist fluffy red tubes
Michelob/Ryder Cup
A fluffy Scottish saltire
Whitecraigs Golf Club
Green knitted

1681645378884.png1681645416170.png1681645479768.png1681645711338.png

Alan Clifford

Visit site

When my clubs got stranded for 18 months in South Africa at the beginning of covid, I bought a new driver and three wood. The covers they came with, in my opinion, just shouted "steal me", so I looked up a pattern on t'internet and knitted a couple.

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When my clubs got stranded for 18 months in South Africa at the beginning of covid, I bought a new driver and three wood. The covers they came with, in my opinion, just shouted "steal me", so I looked up a pattern on t'internet and knitted a couple.
My mate's wife knitted him one that went all the down to the grip.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'd prefer to use the cover it came with but humidity destroys the finish and I hate it looking tatty, so I opted for a set of the bobble/sock variety for all the long clubs

Timmmeh

Visit site
I've done a bit of both, some classic pompom's and the ones they come with but recently I've been looking for something a little different. I'd say some of the branded ones can be a bit tacky and also shout "steel me".

I settled for a couple from Klink Golf in the end, I do like the Scott Readman ones and there a a few other UK fabricators but was looking for someone a little bit more shouty, and not too expensive.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Ave said it before, I am a Ping man but there head covers are Rammel. It’s not just about covering the head to stop them banging in the bag, but protecting the shafts from bag rub. Ping head covers don’t do that. That’s why Missis T sewed some football socks on to the head cover to protect the shaft.