Caveat emptor_1st world golf problems

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The towel would then have loose threads and look tatty. Currently it is a smart looking Callaway one that is nicely finished. Keep the ideas coming though. We need to solve these 1st world problems.

fold the towel to the required length and stick a safety pin through it to hold in place

job done

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
That's why I am not an engineer. I have two methods to try out this weekend. I am sure one will resolve this annoying issue.

Velcro!

Stick/stitch a small piece of velcro tape to a bit of your golf bag and the opposite velcro bit stitched onto your towel, tada!

(you may already have a piece on the golf bag if its one of those newer ones)

D

Deleted Member 1156

None of the above.

Buy angle-grinder and carve new numbers on bottom of each club in correct position of the window. Will then nicely work in either the old or the new covers.

Solution obvious if only you put your mind to it.

Nah that won't work. Depending whether the OP has to cut out these numbers closer to the heel or the toe it could lead to massive hooks or slices due to the change in the weighting of the club. Bit like moveable weights on a driver. If he combined it with a course of lessons to correct the swing fault though........ :thup:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Replace the original headcovers with old worn socks. It should be easy to read the number through the worn soles and if you're lucky there may even be a hole in the right place. Also the various colours should add a bit of glamour to your bag.

For golf towels, whatever happened to people using beer towels? They were all the rage when I started to play. And they're well short enough to avoid the ways. Failing that and cut the existing towel in half and this gives you a number of benefits:
  • Two towels for the price of one
  • Two different logos (one Call and one Away)
  • An excitingly decorative distressed edge effect to both towels

Last edited:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Another problem. Nobody makes club covers to last these days. Particularly putter covers. I've had issues with a Rife cover (magnets coming out from the edge) and my current Ping (which the (ahem) "leather" is now starting to fall apart). It's all a great plot to make us buy replacement covers at exorbitantly high prices.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Thanks for the tips everyone

Well I played yesterday (coverless) with a little wince each time I heard them clatter together. I think for Saturday I'll pop them on and trust to the club being in the correct slot

Mightily pleased with the clubs themselves though, noticeably more forgiving (straighter) than old set with the only duff shots being from the thick rough and one chunked PW so we'll see how they do on Saturday

I think you need to perform some research on behalf of humanity. Can you just use covers on half the set, see if that is enough to curb the clatter?

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Light bulb moment in response to OP.

Replace headcovers with the cardboard toob from the middle of your bog roll.

Enough room to write number on, yardages, maybe even an inspirational quote.

All at zero cost.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Another problem. Nobody makes club covers to last these days. Particularly putter covers. I've had issues with a Rife cover (magnets coming out from the edge) and my current Ping (which the (ahem) "leather" is now starting to fall apart). It's all a great plot to make us buy replacement covers at exorbitantly high prices.

Yup I had a TM 'leather' one disintegrate on me, the humidity just eats stuff like that (I've had brand new leather gloves fall apart after 2-3 holes if it hasn't been stored properly) All-weather ones seem to last well thoiugh

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Following the fine responses on here I tested out the solution to my muddy towel issue. I attached it to my drinks holder and the towel remained mud free, picture below. Thanks to all who posted and resolved this.

Trolley.jpg

Now that this forum has solved this pressing issue can we get on with the whole Palestinian / Israeli situation?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
For my own 1st world problem that started the thread, I played on Saturday and put the headcovers on for the journey to/from the course (just because it was two cars, a boat and a buggy just to reach the clubhouse & same home again) and took them off for the round

Still not happy its the best solution though

Robster59

Tour Rookie
For my own 1st world problem that started the thread, I played on Saturday and put the headcovers on for the journey to/from the course (just because it was two cars, a boat and a buggy just to reach the clubhouse & same home again) and took them off for the round

Still not happy its the best solution though
Doesn't it add half an hour to your journey though having to take your covers on and off?