Caveat emptor_1st world golf problems

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
1st world golf problem - Golf towels when attached to your bag , on the correct hook, and are on your trolley, come into contact with your wheels. Fine when dry but when the ground is wet and muddy this gets passed on to your towel. Any tips for keeping the towel off the wheels and leaving it dry and able to clean clubs / golf balls as it is meant to do. I need it to be easily accessible so stuffing into a pocket does not do the job.

Answer to other 1st world golf problem, labels or sharpie on existing head covers.

Fit Mudguards on the wheels and jobs a good-un

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I am actually questioning whether this is a joke? I've read the OP a few times and can't quite get my head round the whole "few minutes to remove a head cover" "73 minutes per round." Am I missing the point or the joke?

if however this is true - Sharpie will do the job or just go and buy a really cheap set of head covers with numbers on?

1st world golfing problems - finding a squashed banana in your golf bag half way through your round!

Its an actual problem but not one that I'm expecting serious answers to

(If you read any of the threads discussing the merits of iron headcovers then you'll see that there's an element of GM forumers who jokingly suggest that having them is a contributory factor to slow play, so just a little dig in that direction in my post with some made up numbers)

D

Deleted member 21258

As with most things in golf and the golf swing, you need to find the correct compensating move to correct the fault.

I would recommend you take up 100 metre speed training and fit a turbo to your golf trolley, this will enable you to get to your ball so much quicker, which will compensate for the extra time required locating the correct iron.

Hallsy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had exactly the same problem with my iron headcovers. In the end i marked the headcover where the new number now sat and with a sharp pair of scissors i cut a small hole. I then coloured in the old plastic window with a permanenet marker pen.
My first world golf problem is plastic tees. Whenever i tee off the tee is never left in the ground and can fly off in any direction sometimes taking me several minutes to find it. i could carry a few but i dont like carrying too much weight in the bag. When were playing as a fourball it can take 5 to 10 mins teeing off after searching for our tees and some people seem to get quite irate waiting !!! They should make some tees of varying heights and have some string holding them together so they all fly off together thus making them easy to find.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Play at night when the course is empty then you won't need to worry about the extra 72 minutes :thup:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If only they did them. They have one on the front wheel, not on the back two, mine is a Motocaddy S1 so a pretty standard and popular trolley.
I have mine on the accessories hole where the brolley holder fits , it's easier to get to and doesn't get dirty and wet.

First world golf problem is they seem to have goalkeepers in the holes where I play as so many of my putts miss the hole when I am sure it's in.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Can't you fashion some new headcovers out of tupperware? My Mrs seems to have tupperware for everything.

Afterwards you'd have about 13 handy little tubs to keep your tees, pitchmark repairer, ciggy lighter, spare glove etc etc

In fact you could make the side pocket of your golf bag completely obsolete and just drag a string of 13 tupperware pots along behind you, possibly tied to your belt......

:cheers:

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's more whoosh moments in this thread than a couple of hours at Gatwick airport!:D
Personally I'd go with Chris Ds suggestion first followed by D4S, in fact you could combine them to be on the safe side!

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1st world golf problem - Golf towels when attached to your bag , on the correct hook, and are on your trolley, come into contact with your wheels. Fine when dry but when the ground is wet and muddy this gets passed on to your towel. Any tips for keeping the towel off the wheels and leaving it dry and able to clean clubs / golf balls as it is meant to do. I need it to be easily accessible so stuffing into a pocket does not do the job.

Answer to other 1st world golf problem, labels or sharpie on existing head covers.

Cut towel in half to reduce length.

Solves problem and gain a spare for your balls.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The towel would then have loose threads and look tatty. Currently it is a smart looking Callaway one that is nicely finished. Keep the ideas coming though. We need to solve these 1st world problems.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do I:
  • Just accept that I'll be a slower player & make FC's aware of this on the 1st tee
  • Get a label making machine and put labels on the window with correct club number
  • Email Cobra blaming Britain's exit from the EU and asking for a new putter
  • Complain on their social media pages to shame them into action
  • Take the chipper out to give me another slot in the bag
  • Write club number on the existing cover with a sharpie

None of the above.

Buy angle-grinder and carve new numbers on bottom of each club in correct position of the window. Will then nicely work in either the old or the new covers.

Solution obvious if only you put your mind to it.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Add an element of surprise to your game and use the covers as is and just accept pot luck on which club you choose from the bag. Once its out the bag you have to use it. Keeps play going and makes for a more fun round.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Thanks for the tips everyone

Well I played yesterday (coverless) with a little wince each time I heard them clatter together. I think for Saturday I'll pop them on and trust to the club being in the correct slot

Mightily pleased with the clubs themselves though, noticeably more forgiving (straighter) than old set with the only duff shots being from the thick rough and one chunked PW so we'll see how they do on Saturday