Have you ever hit someone with a ball during a round.

Leftitshort

Visit site
Thats my fault, having trouble with merging and for some reason split the posts the Op is the correct the new guy. Waiting on it to come back to me why its done this.

Let's treat any new member with respect please.

No evidence of any wrong doing on his part
How come there were 2 threads with exactly the same title? Something is weird.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
How come there were 2 threads with exactly the same title? Something is weird.
Moved the original thread from oob and for some reason it split the op off the tread the other thread was the first reply to the op. Been trying to merg them back together , but it just won't work?

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Never hit anyone with a ball, I have hit peoples bags etc but never a person, and not from playing behind, typically a slice onto other fairways (with a big shout)

I've been hit by a stray ball from an adjacent fairway, it bounced once hit me on the chest, didn't hurt, the guys couldn't have been more apologetic but I didn't mind, get much more annoyed when one lands nearby with no shout.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Is this really a real question? ? Your pal Bryson doesn’t shout fore ?
No point! He hits it Waaay out of shout range!
Marshalls beside the tee indicate direction and others down in landing area (should) warn spectators.
@Bamberdele21 Signed glove is the usual/standard action by the player after such an event.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Been hit and it bloody hurt. I had literally just played my second shot and was looking at the green to see my ball stop and then whack a ball hit me flush in the back and I went down like a (xxxx striker in the box - insert a team of your choice). Really knocked the stuffing out of me and by the time I got to the green it had started to bruise and lock up. It was a comp so felt obliged to stay out to mark the card but couldn't swing properly (less so than normal). Bloke had ambled up when I went down so hardly concerned. Mumbled something about being out of range (really after seeing me hit into the green and clearly being a short hitter given how close to the tee I was. He got a hard time from my PP's and back in the clubhouse offered t buy me lunch in a really cringeworthy manner. I politely declined and didn't want to make a scene or in face have anything to do with him.

D

Deleted member 18121

I haven't hit anyone, but I nearly did one day and it made me feel sick.

If anyone knows the 2nd at Boars head you'll know that they have a platform for being able to look steeply down the fairway.... Anyway, we got onto the 2nd tee and could see one of the 2 ball in front on the hill up to the green (a good 300 yards away) but no sign of player 2.

My pp hit his drive, then I hit mine... Absolutely creamed it. What we both didn't realise was that one of the guys was still at the bottom of the hill and I came within feet of catching him flush on the head. He was rightly raging and didn't want to talk to me when I went to apologise..... I felt absolutely sick to my stomach and didn't play any more of the round.

Since that day I will never hit a shot with anyone that even catches my eye in view, this does mean on common land courses that I will quite often wait a long time on shots, but I'd rather that than ever come close to hitting someone again.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I walked about 50 yards left of someone's line, about 100 yards in front of them. Stupidly, I thought I would be safe...

Thankfully, that day I happened to be carrying my bag and the ball went hard into the bag - if I had my trolley, then the ball would have smacked me right in the middle of my back.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hit someone in the back last year at Sherborne on the 18th. Playing in a three man scramble. The tee shot is up and over a steep hill so you cannot see the ball finish. There is a bell but after waiting an eternity we never heard it. We assumed that because it was an open the group in front must have not realised it was there. Well anyway, one bounce and my ball hit him square in the back. One of my playing partners then hit his wedge from where the ball finished next to the flag for a tap-in birdie. We won nearest the pin in two and also the visitors prize for the best scramble score. £60 in vouchers came in handy ??

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Years ago, mid late 80’s we used to play at a nine hole course in Mansfield Woodhouse. Bit of a dump ( still) but the pub was and is very good. Anyway a PP smashed his balata into some hawthorne trees 20 yards away. He said “ I can see it am fetching it” we told him to wait til the last lad drove off, he didn’t. The next lad teed it up and smacked it. He shouted “ Fooo”, he never got to the end of the word. The guy who went to look for his ball had his head down and just turned to look at us on the tee and it hit him about an inch above his left eye. It put him on his backside. We thought he was dead. He put a brave face on it and said he is going to the pub. We finished the last few holes and caught up with him. Sweet mother , he looked like kung fu panda with a lump the size of a space hopper. He said he had the mother of all headaches and after a few beers we were laughing like anything About it. But it could of blinded him or worse. The noise when it smacked his skull I will never forget.