Have you ever hit someone with a ball during a round.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Or witnessed it?

What were the circumstances and how did they react?

It happened over our Christmas get together. Luckily it was a group of mates in front of us who we were with. Took a bounce and went right up his bunda. Absolutely the best shot I’ve ever made.

He was in the middle of the fairway very far away so I teed off first thinking there wouldn’t be a chance of reaching him. I know now to never do this again btw and normally tee off last when we’ve been in similar situation

Last edited by a moderator:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My mother hit someone with a ball on the pitch and putt course local to us years ago

She shouted 4. She isn't a golfer

Women didn't react to the shout and lost it at my mum .. who never has played since as it put her off

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Was playing once and one of my playing partners was hit by a ball from the group in front which came over onto our fairway, to be fair they did shout but when the guy got up to us he complained my PP had taken a goo 20 yards off his shot. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Was playing once and one of my playing partners was hit by a ball from the group in front which came over onto our fairway, to be fair they did shout but when the guy got up to us he complained my PP had taken a goo 20 yards off his shot. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ha ha exactly what I said. It didn’t go down that well at the time but the rest of us found it amusing to say the least

Carlwm

Visit site
Did an appalling drive which went practically sideways and caught my wife flush on the cheeks of one of her buttocks. She ended up with a bruise that looked like a tattoo of the planet Jupiter. It was about the size of a grapefruit, with a deeper red golf-ball sized section, bottom - right where the ball actually struck. I was mortified! She forgave me though (I think!), bless her!

Swango1980

Visit site
Yeah, quite a few years ago now.

I was going for the par 5 in 2, and pushed my shot right over the trees, towards the half way house. I shouted fore. By the time I got there, I saw a few people I knew on the 10th tee and asked if they saw my ball. They said it hit their mate, who was driving the buggy at the time. He then walked out of the toilet in the half way house with blood all over his face.

Thankfully he stopped my ball from going into the jungle, and I had a nice shot to the green. After the round I gave him the ball as a memento.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My mother hit someone with a ball on the pitch and putt course local to us years ago

She shouted 4. She isn't a golfer

Women didn't react to the shout and lost it at my mum .. who never has played since as it put her off
I believe in those circumstances the proper way to deal with is to give them a signed a glove.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pulled a tee shot from the top of a hill into a group on a hole that was going out the other way to where I was aiming. (it was a links course running alongside a beach / sea). I shouted fore, they all heard and did the usual crouch down, cover head. The ball hit the ground and bounced into one of the blokes. I apologised, he was fine with it. It was a hole where we all knew it was possible and this happened on occasions.

What I did not know was how unpopular this guy was and therefore how popular I became for the next few days :LOL:. The number of people who came across to me in the clubhouse, out on the course etc to shake my hand, it was bonkers, and a tad embarrassing.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yep - down the left side of an adjoining fairway - everyone yelled fore - three of them ducked, the other one didn't and took it on the side of the head. He was OK and I called him that evening to make sure.
Someone asked me afterwards what I did - told them I signed a glove for him.

phillarrow

Visit site
Never hit someone but there have been a few occasions when I've said "I'll never reach that green from here with this club." only to then swing smoothly, find the middle for once, and produce those once-in-a-blue -moon strikes that go right into the middle of the green.

The annoying thing is, those shots are always followed with dozens of occasions where I'm waiting over shots I don't really believe I can hit...and then totally duffing it! ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Saw one of our three ball hit by a ball on back of head.

He had gone forward less than 10yds to his bag to get a ball to reload and the other lad with me on the tee decided to tee off, thinking our mate was out of the way. Unfortunately he hit the ball right out of the heel and it rocketed the 10yds at head height to the side and hit our mate.

Fortunately he had just turned his head enough for it to hit him right on hard part of back of his skull…but still basically knocked him out as he staggered towards us and collapsed.

Scary.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm not accurate enough to hit anyone......
Been hit a couple of times...once by Fragger ( I was standing 10 yards in front but 20 to the side) and once by Jarmo Sandelin at the English Open at Forest of Arden.

RichA

Visit site
Something weird has happened. I'm sure the final paragraph wasn't in his post when I read it earlier and an identically named thread has appeared.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thats my fault, having trouble with merging and for some reason split the posts the Op is the correct the new guy. Waiting on it to come back to me why its done this.

Let's treat any new member with respect please.

No evidence of any wrong doing on his part